Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Re: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

lets hope he can pitch more then 5 innings a game and win at least 8 games. also not throwing balls into the stands and hurting fans would be nice.... to much of a hot head to suit me...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by toesave View Post
    lets hope he can pitch more then 5 innings a game and win at least 8 games. also not throwing balls into the stands and hurting fans would be nice.... to much of a hot head to suit me...
    He threw it over CF where there are no fans because of the batters eye, but sure makeup things to continue to bash him.

4. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (02-26-2020),redsrule2500 (02-25-2020),Ron Madden (02-25-2020)

I like Bauer. An odd duck but quite interesting.

And Marshall is at https://www.drmikemarshall.com/
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

marcshoe (03-01-2020),Ron Madden (02-25-2020)

the HBO piece on bauer is really, really good. i highly recommend watching it if you can.

The people that hate Trevor Bauer probably loved Scott Feldman, Jimmy Anderson and Tim Adelman

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    The people that hate Trevor Bauer probably loved Scott Feldman, Jimmy Anderson and Tim Adelman
    I just want him not to be a bad pitcher, like he was last season.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Markakis (a favorite among the ladies in the fan house - my Mrs is half Greek) followed it up by saying that everyone of the guilty Astros deserves a beating.

On one hand, a fired up Markakis? That’s almost as rare as a Big Foot sighting!

On the other hand, you only talk like that if you are willing to get in the cage and try to whip the other guy’s backside.

My guess is that Markakis is no Amir Garrett in that regard.
    Maybe if someone left Markakis in the rain. . .
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

11. Likes:

Chip R (02-27-2020),texasdave (02-27-2020)

Really great video of Bauer and Gray on the R2C2 podcast.

13. Likes:

marcshoe (03-01-2020),ochoa30 (02-27-2020)

When Trevor Bauer becomes a free agent at the end of the upcoming season, he has a unique idea that he wants teams to consider:

He wants to pitch every fourth day instead of the typical every fifth day.

That's not the only thing he's prioritizing when he's a free agent. He wants to win and play somewhere where he feels respected. He wants to be on a team that is progressive with technology. But pitching every fourth day would change the way teams shape their rotations.

“I think when people actually sit down and look at the information that I have and look at the case that I can make that I would actually be better pitching on four days than I am on five days,” Bauer said. “When they see that information and then look at the potential WAR benefits, potential wins that could add to a team, the way it helps, especially, other members of the rotation to keep them fresh. If teams actually take me seriously and sit down and look at the merits of it, I think they’ll start seeing some of those things and it won’t seem so crazy.

Bauer, who will make $17.5 million this season, repeated throughout his career that intends to only sign one-year contracts.

“I mean, I don’t know how I’m going to react once free agency gets here,” he said. “I said what I said, but you can never know how it’s going to go until you actually get there.

If it's the route Bauer chooses, there are some natural risks with one-year contracts. An injury or a bad season will lower how much he could make the following year. There isn’t guaranteed long-term security.

“It’s only more pressure if you’re motivated by, like, the money,” Bauer said. “I’m not motivated by money. I’m not going to sit here and sign a low deal. There is certain structure of the market. There is a certain responsibility I have to other people, other players and stuff like that. I’m not going to get taken advantage of.”
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ay/4901730002/

15. Likes:

goreds2 (02-28-2020),marcshoe (03-01-2020)

Good luck getting anyone to give you long term money when you want to pitch every 4 days. I guess if he sticks to the year by year it could work.

He's friggin crazy.....but he's our crazy.....go get em Trev'

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Good luck getting anyone to give you long term money when you want to pitch every 4 days. I guess if he sticks to the year by year it could work.
    I don't see how it can work even on a one year deal. First of all it's darn near impossible to put one starter on a 4 day rotation without screwing up the other 4 guys. Furthermore I don't see any team telling its manager how to manage. This is still another thing that will hurt his value. I sure don't want him next yr as a Red if he insists on pitching every 4th day and complains when it doesn't happen

19. Likes:

HammerTime (02-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    He waffled on the one year deal idea in the article. He may still do it but I’ve always said it’s not written in stone.

Good lord, some of you people have absolutely no idea when you're being trolled.

One of the many reasons why I am a fan of Bauer. Dude knows exactly what to put out there to cause morons to dialogue.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Gotta admit, the "tell the batter what's coming and get him out anyway" thing was baller.

Also, did I use "baller" in the right way?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

23. Likes:

Griffey012 (03-03-2020),icehole3 (03-03-2020),M2 (03-03-2020),RedsRocker (03-03-2020),Ron Madden (03-02-2020)

Turn Off Ads?