Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Re: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Any words from last off-seasons we-should-trade-Bauer crowd?
    Not just trade.

Non-tender.

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-03-2020),M2 (08-03-2020),Rojo Rijo (08-07-2020),Tom Servo (08-03-2020),wolfboy (08-08-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I was one of those. No one is untouchable. With his poor 2019 and his hefty cost, it was a reasonable avenue to explore. Nobody said give him away.
    So we were saying trade his high cost and poor performance for a huge return? Hmm.

5. Likes:

HammerTime (08-03-2020),Rojo Rijo (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    So we were saying trade his high cost and poor performance for a huge return? Hmm.
    I was saying to try tp recoup the minor league talent similar to what they gave up for him and use the money to sign somebody else.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I understand the argument mth is making for trading Bauer. Get a couple good minor leaguers and sign someone with the money you save. I'm glad the Reds did not go down that route, though. I love Bauer's outspoken attitude, his outrageous antics. He is a display of emotion in an usually "professional" acting sport. Too often, being professional in baseball means displaying no emotion, showing no joy, or anger, and not doing anything silly or expressive. That he couples it with being a pretty darn good pitcher? That elevates him to favorite status for me...
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

8. Likes:

Just Sayin (08-30-2020),Ron Madden (08-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Any words from last off-seasons we-should-trade-Bauer crowd?
    Cancel Culture has selected new targets

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10. Likes:

64red (08-08-2020),DocRed (08-03-2020),Just Sayin (08-30-2020),Rojo Rijo (08-07-2020)

I actually believe the Reds have more than a snowball's chance of signing Bauer next year. The pitching culture seems to his liking. Also, i have a faint recollection of his saying that he would only sign one year contracts in the future.

12. Likes:

DocRed (08-03-2020),Griffey012 (08-03-2020),Revering4Blue (08-08-2020),Rojo Rijo (08-07-2020),Ron Madden (08-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I was one of those. No one is untouchable. With his poor 2019 and his hefty cost, it was a reasonable avenue to explore. Nobody said give him away.
    One that thankfully the Reds chose not to explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes:

Just Sayin (08-30-2020),Ron Madden (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I actually believe the Reds have more than a snowball's chance of signing Bauer next year. The pitching culture seems to his liking. Also, i have a faint recollection of his saying that he would only sign one year contracts in the future.
    He’s the perfect pitcher for the Reds. He’ll never ruin them with a long term deal and he doesn’t have a big city personality (looking at you Matt Harvey). I believe he likes pitching in Cincinnati. Another thing I like about him is he invests himself into working with and helping other pitchers on the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes:

Just Sayin (08-30-2020),Ron Madden (08-07-2020),wolfboy (08-07-2020)

Until it actually happens I will never believe an elite pitcher will sign with the Reds and commit to playing half his starts in GABP. Especially if he really goes with the 1yr deals. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Trevor Bauer through his first 3 starts:
    19 1/3 IP,
    7 H,
    2 ER,
    4 BB,
    32 K.
    That’s a 0.93 ERA.
    #Reds

19. Likes:

Just Sayin (08-30-2020),MR X (08-08-2020),Revering4Blue (08-08-2020)

Without looks at anyone else's stats early Cy Young favorite with Sonny IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I agree with this. I think the feeling is mutual between Bauer and the Reds coaching staff/team. I have a feeling that if the Reds offer a deal either close or the same as anyone else offers (if the one year deal thing is real) he is a Red next year.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

22. Likes:

Just Sayin (08-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Without looks at anyone else's stats early Cy Young favorite with Sonny IMO.
    With looking at everyone else's stats, early Cy Young favorite with Sonny not far behind, IMO.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

24. Likes:

Just Sayin (08-30-2020),Ron Madden (08-08-2020)

Bauer's pitching like a maniac. This is the guy they traded Trammell for. Hopefully they can find a way to keep him and Castellanos in town for 2021 at least.

26. Likes:

Just Sayin (08-30-2020),M2 (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Bauer's pitching like a maniac. This is the guy they traded Trammell for. Hopefully they can find a way to keep him and Castellanos in town for 2021 at least.
    This year vs last year Bauer are in different stratospheres. Makes me kinda wonder whether he was just mentally checked out after the trade last year.

Turn Off Ads?