Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Re: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Am I the only person that legit doesnt care about what the Astros did?

I just believe that at this point everyone in professional sports is always trying to get an advantage. Some manage to not get caught, some do, but at that level I just have a standing opinion that they are all trying to do something.

I dunno maybe its also because the Reds were not really effected so I dont feel like, as a fan, I was screwed. I also dislike the Yankees so i dont care what happens to them haha.

2. Likes:

mth123 (02-15-2020),westofyou (02-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I don’t doubt that. This also wasn’t a proclamation for “I agree with everything Bauer has ever said“, it was in reference to this interview. I am curious if anyone disagrees with anything he said in this article, my guess is no.
    Wasn’t trying to go off on a tangent. I just thought it was funny that the first two replies in this thread weren’t actually addressing his points. As you stated, your thread title was obviously a joke but but some opinions of him are tainted because of everyone’s bias against him and even they couldn’t take a joke on an MLB message board.

5. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (02-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Wasn’t trying to go off on a tangent. I just thought it was funny that the first two replies in this thread weren’t actually addressing his points. As you stated, your thread title was obviously a joke but but some opinions of him are tainted because of everyone’s bias against him and even they couldn’t take a joke on an MLB message board.
    Oh, I was agreeing with you. Sorry if they wasn’t clear.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Really?

Were you a Reds' fan in 2012?

His abrasiveness and difficulties with people were a fairly big story when he was dealt from Arizona to Cleveland in the Didi Gregorius deal. It was part of the lede in the trade.
    Yes. I remember 2012. No I don’t remember him from then.

Best thing he said:

Bauer on the state of the game: "We have the best group of players the game has ever had, the most talented, the fastest, the most athletic. Just the packaging is terrible. "

9. Likes:

HammerTime (02-15-2020),stein1214 (02-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The title to the thread was 'An American Hero". Now Bauer is a good pitcher that will likely have a tv job waiting for him when he retires. But, that doesn't make him a Pat Tillman.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    The title to the thread was 'An American Hero". Now Bauer is a good pitcher that will likely have a tv job waiting for him when he retires. But, that doesn't make him a Pat Tillman.
    Get a grip he obviously was joking Pat Tillman has nothing to do with this he's a football player
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Get a grip he obviously was joking Pat Tillman has nothing to do with this he's a football player
    Pay attention to the thread title. Tillman is an American hero, Bauer isn't.

that's what I'm saying the front title was a joke don't take everything so seriously. Pay attention
    Crazy Reds Fan

Wow. The American hero part was a joke. I didn’t realize that needed clarification.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

15. Likes:

M2 (02-14-2020),Rolando (02-14-2020)

Wow. The American hero part was a joke. I didn’t realize that needed clarification.
    I got it and I thought it was funny you were just making a point that he called out the Astros and the commissioner. You weren't saying they should have parades for him and carry him off into the sunset LOL
    Crazy Reds Fan

Wow. The American hero part was a (bad) joke. I didn’t realize that needed clarification.
    fixed

fixed
    It was a funny joke
    Crazy Reds Fan

19. Likes:

M2 (02-14-2020),RedlegJake (02-15-2020)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Trevor Bauer on the #Astros' press conference yesterday: "We don’t think it affected the game. You’re either lying or you’re a (bleeping) idiot. And don’t become a billionaire owner of a team by being a (bleeping) idiot. So, you’re lying." #Reds

He still bangs

I don’t disagree with much of anything he said and I’m glad he said it, but above all I hope this is him getting it out of his system so that it doesn’t become a distraction. He’s clearly taking this very personally.

Turn Off Ads?