Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Re: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    If the NL does not keep the DH next season, will that hurt our chances with Bauer?
    Yep

Pitchers in the National league getting removed for hitting considerations probably runs as high or higher than pitching concerns. And with the futility of the Reds offense this year, Bauer would be getting yanked early for a pinch hitter more often than not. Don't think that is the scenario he is going to be looking for.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Not having a DH would be a huge disadvantage for the National League in general.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Trevor Bauer @BauerOutage
    Watching the @Braves offense roll this post season just makes me even more proud of what my fellow @reds pitchers were able to accomplish in our short playoff appearance. Just the start of something great in cincy

5. Likes:

AlaskaReds (10-16-2020),Edd Roush (10-16-2020),goreds2 (10-17-2020),M2 (10-16-2020),marcshoe (10-16-2020),membengal (02-05-2021),Mitri (10-16-2020),Norm Chortleton (10-16-2020),Revering4Blue (10-16-2020),Rojo Rijo (10-16-2020)

Props for his Driveline and Texas Baseball Ranch buddies no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    If the NL does not keep the DH next season, will that hurt our chances with Bauer?
    I'll truly be surprised it they don't adopt it permanently.

That is a highly encouraging tweet.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (10-16-2020),Revering4Blue (10-16-2020)

Jon Heyman @JonHeyman
    Mets offer to Trevor Bauer said to be frontloaded with the opt-outs. About $40M at least in 1st year, via @Joelsherman1 with opt-out. Dodgers Bauer offer unknown but they offered similar structure $40M/year with rolling opt-outs to Bryce Harper. They can compete.

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    ·
    21s
    Word going around is, Bauer wants to make the announcement. A la an impromptu LeBron. #TheDecision

I loved Bauer’s performance last year, but IMO no single player is worth 40MM a season. Even Trout. You’re one injury away from a third of your payroll contributing nothing. I get it won’t always be a third. But even for big market clubs that’s a risk considering how hard they try to stay under the luxury tax. Only way it could fly is one year at a time and go to a team desperate for a WS title that has extra money.

13. Likes:

ochoa30 (02-05-2021)

So no fans and the Dodgers can afford 350 million for Betts, and another 100 million + for Bauer? So when Bellinger is ready for a mega deal they going to give him 400 million too?? So i guess Dodgerswith zero fans can spend.. this is bad for baseball.... you think the old Bowie Kunn woukd have let tgis go on back in the 70s knowing he refused the Reds Vida Blue as he didnt want one team to dominate??

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    So no fans and the Dodgers can afford 350 million for Betts, and another 100 million + for Bauer? So when Bellinger is ready for a mega deal they going to give him 400 million too?? So i guess Dodgers with zero fans can spend.. this is bad for baseball.... you think the old Bowie Kunn would have let this go on back in the 70s knowing he refused the Reds Vida Blue as he didnt want one team to dominate??
    Yes he would, because Bowie Kuhn was a personal friend of the O'Malleys.

(Which is also why he couldn't allow the Reds to have Vida Blue.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

16. Likes:

M2 (02-06-2021),marcshoe (02-05-2021),Old school 1983 (02-06-2021),Revering4Blue (02-05-2021),Ron Madden (02-06-2021),Roy Tucker (02-06-2021),westofyou (02-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Yes he would, because Bowie Kuhn was a personal friend of the O'Malleys.

(Which is also why he couldn't allow the Reds to have Vida Blue.)
    It's good to have your own commissioner. Really paid off for the Dodgers in 1981. "Hey Bowie, I've got this playoff change idea I think you're going to like."
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-07-2021),Revering4Blue (02-06-2021),Ron Madden (02-06-2021)

If not for his agent, Trevor Bauer may have been a Met.

Rachel Luba didn’t convince the NL Cy Young award winner to sign with the Dodgers, but she told him to rethink his decision amid his frustration about merchandise popping up on his website prematurely suggesting he would sign with the Mets.

“It’s f–king over, I’m done,” Luba recalled Bauer telling her on the Barstool “Starting 9” podcast. “Call the Dodgers, it’s done. It’s gonna be the other team.”

The “other team” was the Mets. According to Luba, Bauer felt guilty that the merchandise was out there.

“I can’t do that to a fan base,” he told her. “The decision’s been made.”

Before letting the team know his decision, Luba told him to take a walk and further think through the decision, and not decide based on an error not of his doing.
    https://nypost.com/2021/03/03/trevor...iasco-im-done/

They call me "chef"

I had to read the quotes 10 times before I understand what exactly they were saying (Bauer almost canceled his agreement with the Dodgers after a signed Mets hat accidentally leaked in Bauer's merch shop via technical/staff error & Bauer felt it would be wrong to not be a Met after the fan base took this as confirmation he had signed with the Mets...but his agent convinced him to take a breath and go with the Dodgers as planned).

Now that I'm caught up, does Krall have the phone number and bank wire transfer info for every webmaster of every 2022 free agent? If not, he should be fired.

21. Likes:

NebraskaRed (03-03-2021),Ron Madden (03-03-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-07-2021)

Turn Off Ads?