Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Re: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Trevor Bauer to the rescue!
    Love this guy.
    The @RobManfred proposed changes I have heard are reckless and disrespectful to the beautiful game.
    It has a special magic to have lasted so long.
    #hardtocreate
    #easytodamage
    That’s a tweet from........Jerry Seinfeld.

2. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (02-15-2020),Old school 1983 (02-16-2020),The Operator (02-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Of more immediate concern is that at the beginning of the video, he says he’s sick. (And looked it, too.) I hope it’s just spring fever.

5. Likes:

Rolando (02-15-2020)

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I suspect had JV or a number of other Reds did this, there would be a number of Reds fans, including a guy like Dan would like it. I get a sense a number of people dislike or are annoyed by him for reasons outside of baseball talk.
    You may not like it, but this is what an American hero looks like:

Name:  0ea66c055faa442632ac6183e6b31881.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  15.4 KB

7. Likes:

cincinnati chili (02-16-2020),Edd Roush (02-15-2020),HeatherC1212 (02-19-2020),jimbo (02-15-2020),M2 (02-15-2020),NebraskaRed (02-15-2020),OhioRiverBarge (02-15-2020),Rolando (02-15-2020),westofyou (02-15-2020),Yachtzee (02-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjection19 View Post
    You may not like it, but this is what an American hero looks like:

Name:  0ea66c055faa442632ac6183e6b31881.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  15.4 KB
    But Votto's not the greatest...

9. Likes:

M2 (02-15-2020)

Let me settle this once and for all.

Here is the greatest American Hero ...

and this is the world's greatest Dad ....

Can we move on now? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

11. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2020),OhioRiverBarge (02-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Red X View Post
    Am I the only person that legit doesnt care about what the Astros did?

I just believe that at this point everyone in professional sports is always trying to get an advantage. Some manage to not get caught, some do, but at that level I just have a standing opinion that they are all trying to do something.

I dunno maybe its also because the Reds were not really effected so I dont feel like, as a fan, I was screwed. I also dislike the Yankees so i dont care what happens to them haha.
    This is how I feel.

IMO, the Astros found a way for their hitters to get an edge and all these pitchers are whining about it. Yet pitchers have been getting away with doctoring the ball and throwing at guys heads for decades. They just don't like it because somebody turned the tables.

I'm over judging morality. We don't know anything about these guys. We don't know who did what and who didn't in any area. All we know is what we see on the field. My guess is what the Astros did is fairly common throughout the game. Some teams are just making noise because they are pissed the Astros beat them. I feel the same way about Steroids. Everybody in the era was doing it, but not everybody was able to do what Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens did.

Everybody should shut up and play ball. This is being reported like it's teh Manson Murders or something. Its more like going 65 in a 50. There are too many networks with nothing to talk about, so this goes on and on. 30 years ago, this story would already be dead.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'm over judging morality. We don't know anything about these guys. We don't know who did what and who didn't in any area. All we know is what we see on the field. My guess is what the Astros did is fairly common throughout the game. Some teams are just making noise because they are pissed the Astros beat them. I feel the same way about Steroids. Everybody in the era was doing it, but not everybody was able to do what Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens did.

Everybody should shut up and play ball. This is being reported like it's teh Manson Murders or something. Its more like going 65 in a 50. There are too many networks with nothing to talk about, so this goes on and on. 30 years ago, this story would already be dead.
    It's fine if you don't want to judge morality but this goes far beyond steroids, ball doctoring or going 65 in a 50. If you asked 100 pitchers if they would rather face a hitter on steroids or one who knew what pitch was coming, I'd bet 95 would say steroids. Same with hitters, I bet 95 would say they'd let the pitcher take steroids if they knew what pitch was coming.

It's insider trading, it's fraud and, perhaps fittingly, it's Enron

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-16-2020),texasdave (02-15-2020),wlf WV (02-17-2020)

I fully understand Bauer’s anger.

I’m glad he expressed it. Cody Bellinger too.
    Last edited by Kc61; 02-15-2020 at 07:28 AM.

16. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (02-17-2020),Edd Roush (02-15-2020),Old school 1983 (02-16-2020),Playadlc (02-17-2020),RedlegJake (02-15-2020),Rojo Rijo (02-15-2020),Roy Tucker (02-15-2020),Todd Gack (02-15-2020),wally post (02-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    My guess is what the Astros did is fairly common throughout the game. Some teams are just making noise because they are pissed the Astros beat them.
    I suspect, because of the kvetching, not everyone was cheating.

I do think the Cardinals, Astros, Red Sox, and Brewers cheated and that it was an open secret.

But it's not just the cheating that Bauer has an issue with. It's also the hypocrisy and lying that went along with it. From Hinch to Bregman to (almost assuredly) Altuve to the owner, they propagated a lie and piled on when Bauer said something on Twitter.

18. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (02-17-2020),membengal (02-15-2020),Old school 1983 (02-16-2020),Todd Gack (02-15-2020),wally post (02-15-2020)

I agree with what he said about the Astros and morality and I'm thrilled we have him.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    That’s a tweet from........Jerry Seinfeld.
    What's the deal with tweeting?

21. Likes:

drowg14 (02-17-2020),GullyFoyle (02-15-2020),M2 (02-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    What's the deal with tweeting?
    Seinfeld's just mad I found a dating loophole.

23. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2020),NebraskaRed (02-15-2020)

Does Trevor Bauer know that he's costing himself money every time he Tweets out? He's a FA after this year and he's not endearing himself to future suitors for his services. Were I his agent, I'd tell him to cool it with the Tweets until after he retires or gets a guaranteed long term contract.

Dusty Baker urges MLB to protect Astros from beanballs
    "I'm depending on the league to try to put a stop to this seemingly premeditated retaliation that I'm hearing about," Baker said Saturday morning. "And in most instances in life, you get kind of reprimanded when you have premeditated anything. I'm just hoping that the league puts a stop to this before somebody gets hurt."

The deluge of criticism toward the Astros did not abate Saturday, with Chicago Cubs star Kris Bryant calling the organization "a disgrace."

It comes a day after reigning National League MVP Cody Bellinger said the Astros "stole" the 2017 championship from the Los Angeles Dodgers and second baseman Jose Altuve "stole" the American League MVP from New York Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge in 2017. Cincinnati Reds starter Trevor Bauer went on an eight-minute harangue of the Astros, saying: "I'm not going to let them forget the fact that they are hypocrites, they are cheaters."

Asked whether he would consider throwing at Astros batters, Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling told reporters: "I would lean toward yes. In the right time and the right place."

Stripling's comments echoed the sentiments of Cleveland Indians starter Mike Clevinger, who two weeks ago said: "I think players will deal with it the way it should be across the league. I don't think it's going to be a comfortable few ABs for a lot of those boys, and it shouldn't be. They shouldn't be comfortable."

When MLB determines the intent of a pitch is to hit a player, it typically levies a suspension for between three and five games. Dodgers pitcher Alex Wood balked at the idea that Astros players were not disciplined for the sign-stealing scandal -- they traded honest testimony in interviews with MLB for immunity from punishment -- but others could be for throwing at them.

"Somebody will take it into their own hands, and they'll get suspended more games than any of those guys got for the biggest cheating scandal in 100 years," Wood said. "It'll be pretty ironic when that happens, because I'm sure that's how it'll end up playing out."
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Dusty Baker urges MLB to protect Astros from beanballs
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...mpression=true
    MLB is doing the Astros no favors by letting them get off with a slap on the wrist if they would have came down with some hammers on some of these people besides the big dog and pony show that they did. I will say this one thing to defend the Astros battersthrowing a baseball and someone intentionally it exactly having a great moral high ground either.
    Crazy Reds Fan

27. Likes:

Griffey012 (02-16-2020)

Turn Off Ads?