Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Joey Votto Excited For 2020 Season

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Joey Votto Excited For 2020 Season

The 36-year-old Votto is picking the brain of the 31-year-old Moustakas. Votto wanted to hear about Moustakas’ postseason experiences. They chatted about what it was like when Moustakas won a World Series title in 2015 with the Kansas City Royals and their run to the World Series in 2014.

“He’s got lots of really fantastic things about it, how it’s changed the culture in Kansas City, how it’s changed the expectations,” Votto said. “There is no reason why that or more can’t happen here. We should be the team to look at. This is a step in the right direction, I think, this year.”

Entering the 2020 season, Votto says he's as excited as he’s been in his entire career. The Reds improved their lineup with Moustakas, Nick Castellanos and Shogo Akiyama. They strengthened their rotation with Wade Miley and their bullpen with Pedro Strop.

“Some years, you come in and you’re optimistic, and you make comments based on that optimism,” Votto said. “This year, it feels like, to a man, you can just be realistic. You can just speak a truth. You know that there’s no shine to it. It’s just sincerity.”

What gives Votto confidence that the Reds will be a better team?

“This is the best staff we’ve had in a while,” Votto said. “I think this is a superior staff to the ones we had – no disrespect to the Cuetos, Latoses and Arroyos, but it’s probably the best staff I’ve seen in my career.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...ds/ar-BB10aOky
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 02-20-2020 at 01:41 AM.

2. Likes:

DocRed (02-20-2020),Edd Roush (02-20-2020),goreds2 (02-20-2020),mbgrayson (02-20-2020),NebraskaRed (02-20-2020),redsmetz (02-22-2020)

Turn Off Ads?