Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    But also one of the most irrationally reviled players of the last 20 years.
    There is not a single reason I can think of to not like the guy. Definitely irrational.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Chip R (07-01-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    not sure....it would seem in the best interest of the Patriots to roll with Stidham, but I doubt Cam signs there unless he is assured he has a real chance to start.
    Can't see any player in uniform for all 16 games this season. The precautions for spreading COVID-19/20 won't be what they should be (this is the NFL we're talking about), but they will still be wide-ranging.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    There is not a single reason I can think of to not like the guy. Definitely irrational.
    He's not my favorite.....

I like people that handle defeat with class. He's been a jerk at times.

He dresses like a moron.

But would have no problem with him on my team (if he plays well and doesn't cost more than 25 mill).
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-07-2020),Rojo Rijo (07-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

He dresses like a moron.

But would have no problem with him on my team (if he plays well and doesn't cost more than 25 mill).
    Being based in Jacksonville and myself in Portland you certainly have had more exposure of him than I have had.

Thought his MVP award was a joke. He wasn't even the most influential player on his team that season,...probably 3rd most influential. The first two were on Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

He dresses like a moron.

I think some people feel a certain way about him going back to his recruitment fiasco.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Cam Newton to the Pats on a 1 year deal.....very interesting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ts-sources-say
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eb7fk49W...jpg&name=small
    Last edited by Tuff Nut; 07-03-2020 at 10:44 AM.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Speaking to Profootballtalk, an anonymous GM said the league's communication on the COVID-19 pandemic has been "virtually nonexistent." “Most head coaches and General Managers get info from (PFT) or Twitter," the GM claimed. “I would love to be told what we can and can’t do, so we can plan and figure things out," were the words of a head coach. "When the league office sets boundaries, they just think you magically know what to do.” The coach believes the successful draft was the "worst thing that happened" because commissioner Roger Goodell "thinks he’ll be right on moving ahead toward the season.” There is some melodrama in these statements, but so far the league's approach to the pandemic has been one of blunt force. That might work in a practice-less offseason, but reality is rapidly setting in. Every other North American sports league has blundered into one disaster after another as they attempt to restart play. The NFL is sorely mistaken if it thinks it can avoid that same fate without a comprehensive plan.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    But also one of the most irrationally reviled players of the last 20 years.
    The biggest issue with Cam as a NFL player (As a Florida fan i'll refrain from discussing his collegiate career) for a lot of fans is how he carries himself when doing well vs. not doing well. It's hard to consider someone a true leader when they're having a bad game and they go and pout on the sideline under a towel. I'm not saying you can't do that I'm just saying that's not something you typically want your leader/QB/face of the franchise doing. What makes that even worse is that when he is playing well he's not shy on letting everyone know it. Again, not saying you can't do that, just saying it's not a great look.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    (As a Florida fan i'll refrain from discussing his collegiate career)
    at least the laptop did not hit anyone
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

14. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (07-06-2020)

Riley Cooper and Desean Jackson in the same locker room must have been a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Riley Cooper and Desean Jackson in the same locker room must have been a good time.
    At least Cooper can claim he was extremely intoxicated (I am not excusing, just saying at least he has that).......Jackson's only excuse can be being extremely ignorant. Cooper was never able to escape the dark shadow of his words.....nobody will remember Jackson's tweet by next week.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

17. Likes:

Benihana (07-12-2020)

The people jumping up to defend what Jackson said (not to defend Jackson and say he's a good guy and should be forgiven but actually endorse the message he posted) is....disturbing.

19. Likes:

Benihana (07-12-2020),dubc47834 (07-13-2020)

Even if my point is valid, you probably shouldn't be quoting me, considering my overall track record.
    - Adolph Hitler
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The people jumping up to defend what Jackson said (not to defend Jackson and say he's a good guy and should be forgiven but actually endorse the message he posted) is....disturbing.
    Totally agree with this and what Joe Banner said immediately afterward- if Jackson were white and posted something similarly offensive about African Americans, he might be banned for life. Bobby Hart was one of those players that came out and defended Jackson’s comments, as if anyone needed another reason to despise Bobby Hart, who is pretty much a waste of life. I’m tempted to write Katie and Troy a letter imploring them to remove him from the roster- for off-the-field reasons as much as the on-the-field ones.

On an unrelated topic, I think there’s less than a 25% chance they actually play a full season this year.
    Go BLUE!!!

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-12-2020)

Turn Off Ads?