Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones laments 'glaring difference' between Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton

This team no longer has Dak Prescott.

“That was the pretty glaring difference out there last night,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday morning on Dallas radio station 105.3 The Fan, referencing his team's 38-10 loss. “But it doesn’t have to stay that way.”
    Jori Epstein
    @JoriEpstein
    Asked Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy about Andy Dalton's first game.

McCarthy: "Not to be rude, I have no assessments for you tonight. ... Most importantly, I didn’t coach very well. … I’m not getting it done right now."
    8:44 PM · Oct 19, 2020
    Ouch!
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Imagine if they didn’t have division games to generate some wins. Seeing their records in the other 10 games by the end of the year might be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I still think Dallas can eek out 6-10 and win the division over the 5-10-1 Eagles.

4. Likes:

Chip R (10-21-2020)

I wonder if Dalton's backup, my man Ben DiNucci from JMU, will see some playing time. Some of the folks in Dallas saw some parallels to Tony Romo in DiNucci.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Dalton is what Dalton always has been.

Dalton is a Game Manager QB that absolutely requires a decent offensive line. Without that, you might as well start someone else. Because Andy is a lot of things, but he is not mobile, and his does not improvise well under pressure at all.

But yeah, give him some protection and a solid supporting cast and he will win some games for you.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal." “Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don’t teach. They don’t have any sense of adjusting on the fly.” Another added “they just aren’t good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.

SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I think Moore is a bit hard to get a read on. He designs a pretty good offense. Obviously some of it is the fact that the defense is so terrible, but Dallas's offense is pretty impressive overall. Even after last night they still lead the league in yards/gm and are in the top 10 in points. And Dak definitely took a step forward with Moore as OC. But then they go through periods where it seems like nothing is working. I think "horrible" is way too harsh, as it seems like he's very creative, and I like his aggressiveness. I do agree that he struggles as a play caller sometimes though, but I think that will get smoothed out as he gains experience. He's only 32, so I think it's reasonable to expect some growing pains.

Even if he is in fact horrible, he's still significantly better than whatever they're doing on defense. What a mess. I can't remember a division as terrible as the NFC East. I wonder what the line would be for all those teams against the Bengals. We'll find out in a couple weeks, but I'd imagine the Bengals will be favored against Washington and the Giants. It's probably a push with the Cowboys, and then the Eagles would probably be slightly favored as they've picked it up slightly, although the Bengals should have beaten them.
    Hung around Bill Walton too much. "Horrible" and extreme views are too much a part of my makeup.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

9. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-21-2020)

I can envision Giants overtaking Cowboys for title after starting 0-5
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Jets swapping 6th and 7th Rd picks again, except this time it's a 6th in 2022, so that's equivalent to a 7th in 2021.

49ers acquired OLB Jordan Willis and a 2021 seventh-round pick from the Jets in exchange for a 2022 sixth-round pick. The former third-rounder of the Bengals in 2017, Willis has three career sacks and has played 11% of the Jets' defensive snaps this season. He's unlikely to become a significant difference-maker for the Niners.

RELATED: New York Jets

Ryan Fitzpatrick said he was "shocked" by the Dolphins' decision to bench him and name Tua Tagovailoa the starter for Week 8 against the Rams. Fitzpatrick was caught off guard when he was called into coach Brian Flores' office to learn the news and admitted it "broke his heart" to find out he's not the starter anymore. "I basically got fired yesterday and my day today consisted of Zoom meetings listening to the guy who fired me, and being in a spaced out room listening to the guy who replaced me," Fitzpatrick said. He felt the Dolphins were his team right now, and he was playing well, leading the Dolphins to a 3-3 record headed into their bye week. Clearly, if this was Miami's plan all along, Fitzpatrick had no idea and was blindsided by it. There's been some chatter that the Dolphins could potentially listen to trade offers for Fitzpatrick ahead of the November 3 deadline. The NFL is always more fun when Fitzpatrick is playing.

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

Ryan Fitzpatrick said he was "shocked" by the Dolphins' decision to bench him and name Tua Tagovailoa the starter for Week 8 against the Rams. Fitzpatrick was caught off guard when he was called into coach Brian Flores' office to learn the news and admitted it "broke his heart" to find out he's not the starter anymore. "I basically got fired yesterday and my day today consisted of Zoom meetings listening to the guy who fired me, and being in a spaced out room listening to the guy who replaced me," Fitzpatrick said. He felt the Dolphins were his team right now, and he was playing well, leading the Dolphins to a 3-3 record headed into their bye week. Clearly, if this was Miami's plan all along, Fitzpatrick had no idea and was blindsided by it. There's been some chatter that the Dolphins could potentially listen to trade offers for Fitzpatrick ahead of the November 3 deadline. The NFL is always more fun when Fitzpatrick is playing.

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter
    The Cowboys should be on the phone like 2 days ago to see about bringing him in if thats the best Dalton has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Vikings are bailing out the flooded Viking ship: they dumped Nkagoue to the Ravens for a #3 2021 pick and a #4 or #5 2021 pick. He is from Baltimore, so he gets to go home. We just got 8” of snow, and the team is rebuilding the defense, so he must be happy.
    He can definitely generate pressure from the edge, and he has a knack for slapping the ball out of the QBs hand a bunch of times each year.

Mantei Teo’s girlfriend tackled Daniel Jones tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

16. Likes:

Chip R (10-23-2020),dubc47834 (10-26-2020),redhawkfish (10-25-2020),WrongVerb (10-25-2020)

Antonio Brown reaches contract agreement with Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Antonio Brown and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached an agreement on a one-year deal, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Friday.

While contract language still has to be finalized and Brown has to pass COVID-19 protocols before he can join the team, Brown is likely to make his Bucs debut in Week 9 against the New Orleans Saints on Nov. 8.
    interesting since they have struggled to get Mike Evans enough targets....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Antonio Brown reaches contract agreement with Tampa Bay Buccaneers

interesting since they have struggled to get Mike Evans enough targets....
    I don't get it. Also, I don't get it that there were supposedly many suitors.

Apparently Tom Brady has a crush on Brown and Brady was able to overrule Arians, who months ago had said there was no room for Brown

I think Seattle may have been the only other semi-interested team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I don't get it. Also, I don't get it that there were supposedly many suitors.

Turn Off Ads?