Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Some rules change suggestions...

I doubt this is an exhaustive list, and most of these will be voted down anyway.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sources: Eagles, Saints pull coaches off road for draft scouting amid coronavirus pandemic

The Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints have pulled their coaches off the road for the pro-day circuit, at least temporarily, as a precautionary measure as the country grapples with the spread of the coronavirus, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports.

“It’s true,” one coach texted Yahoo Sports, saying that the situation is “sorta fluid” and that they expect to “get more information as time goes on.”

Pro days are well underway across the country as college prospects go through the NFL draft process. Among the bigger schools in action on Wednesday include Oklahoma and Wisconsin, programs with multiple Day 1 and 2 NFL draft prospects. Coaches often start getting involved in the scouting process following the season and typically are sent to dozens of pro days as extra sets of eyes on talent.

Scouts for those two teams still expect to attend pro-day workouts as planned. Many NFL scouts do not work on a daily basis at teams’ facilities and are based regionally, thus minimizing the risk of potentially spreading the virus at those workplaces.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I need to have something to watch (read: bet on!). Any chance the XFL bucks the trend and keeps playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I need to have something to watch (read: bet on!). Any chance the XFL bucks the trend and keeps playing?
    If they do it will be to empty(ier) stadiums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If they do it will be to empty(ier) stadiums.
    So business as usual?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

7. Likes:

Chip R (03-12-2020)

Sources: NFL pulling draft out of Vegas, postponing event until at least late May

As for the Draft, according to my sources, Las Vegas is already canceled — it just hasn’t been announced yet — and the league will announce the Draft is being postponed until late May at least — as soon as the NFLPA’s decision on the new CBA is announced.

9. Likes:

North (03-15-2020)

Tennessee just pulled out from pursuing Tom Brady.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Tennessee just pulled out from pursuing Tom Brady.
    Seems like Brady wants to be the first QB/GM in NFL history.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Seems like Brady wants to be the first QB/GM in NFL history.
    It’s essentially down to TB or NE supposedly.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It’s essentially down to TB or NE supposedly.
    Rumor has it the Raiders are prepared to offer 2 yrs and 60 million...they would have to find a taker for Carr though which would be tough.

A Tampa beat writer was on local radio where I live and stated Tampa is moving on from Jameis...Arians has had enough and Brady is a safer choice.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Rumor has it the Raiders are prepared to offer 2 yrs and 60 million...they would have to find a taker for Carr though which would be tough.

A Tampa beat writer was on local radio where I live and stated Tampa is moving on from Jameis...Arians has had enough and Brady is a safer choice.
    Tampa would have to invest in an offensive line to keep Brady from getting killed. Not to mention would Arians let Brady have the say he wants in playcalling?

Tampa would have to invest in an offensive line to keep Brady from getting killed. Not to mention would Arians let Brady have the say he wants in playcalling?
    Not just playcalling. Personnel.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

NFL players approve new CBA, runs through 2030

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-new-cba-2030

He mentioned that the O Line would be an issue...however they could fix that through the draft and FA...

We also have to remember all the big names Arians has worked with in the past like Peyton and Ben...I doubt he would have issues with input from Brady on play calling.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

NFL draft to proceed April 23-25 sans public events in Las Vegas

In consideration of current information related to COVID-19 and guidance from medical experts such as the CDC, and in coordination with public authorities in Nevada and the City of Las Vegas, the NFL will modify its plans for the 2020 NFL Draft, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced today.

The clubs' selection of players will proceed as scheduled April 23-25. The NFL is exploring innovative options for how the process will be conducted and will provide that information as it becomes available. The selection process will be televised.

Public NFL Draft events in Las Vegas next month will not take place.

Turn Off Ads?