Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Are we sure Lawrence goes ahead of Fields?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Arizona comes back from being down 27-14 to tie the Seahawks @ 34. Going to OT.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Arizona decides to try to win it with a 41 yard FG on 2nd down and 2:42 on the clock....and they missed it! I will never understand the kicking anything but a chip shot on an early down and time on the clock....just run it up the middle if you are conservative and try to get your kicker as close as possible. Personally....in 2020, I am never turning the game over to my kicker before 4th down or time expiring....maybe on 3rd to protect against a bad snap. These kickers are not automatic....especially with the pressure. Use your downs to try to score a TD.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

5. Likes:

goreds2 (10-26-2020),Revering4Blue (10-26-2020)

Wilson throws his 3rd interception of the night, and Arizona kicks a FG for the win and Seattle's first loss this year.

Pittsburgh is the team left without a loss.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

7. Likes:

goreds2 (10-26-2020)

Metcalf's rundown tackle on that pick tonight might be the best play of the season so far. Dude is a freak of nature.
    Last edited by Stray; 10-26-2020 at 02:53 AM.

9. Likes:

Chip R (10-26-2020)

I mean my God man. Tried to find one that'd embed, but I guess none of them can thanks to the NFL.

Last edited by Stray; 10-26-2020 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I wonder if Dalton's backup, my man Ben DiNucci from JMU, will see some playing time. Some of the folks in Dallas saw some parallels to Tony Romo in DiNucci.
    Well, DiNucci did get some playing time but it's a shame it happened because of a knockout hit on Dalton. I was very conflicted watching the team I've been a fan of for over 40 years sack the daylights out of the first QB from my alma mater to ever take a snap in the NFL.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Metcalf's rundown tackle on that pick tonight might be the best play of the season so far. Dude is a freak of nature.
    I think the amazing thing on that video is it is very clear how big Metcalf is, and has that world class speed. It is one thing if it is one of those small slot receivers....but Metcalf is carrying weight on that frame.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

13. Likes:

Stray (10-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Well, DiNucci did get some playing time but it's a shame it happened because of a knockout hit on Dalton. I was very conflicted watching the team I've been a fan of for over 40 years sack the daylights out of the first QB from my alma mater to ever take a snap in the NFL.
    I recall him from college.....WVU opened with JMU last season and he was the QB. How long is Dalton out? Do the Cowboys call Miami to check on Fitzpatrick? Not a Cowboys fan, but it would be so cool to see Fitzpatrick leading "America's Team"!
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I recall him from college.....WVU opened with JMU last season and he was the QB. How long is Dalton out? Do the Cowboys call Miami to check on Fitzpatrick? Not a Cowboys fan, but it would be so cool to see Fitzpatrick leading "America's Team"!
    The way Dalton looked after that hit, I'd be surprised if he plays the next game. Selfishly, I'd like to see DiNucci get the start, but he'd be set up to fail behind that o-line (as would most any QB).
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

How Jon Bostic isn’t suspended for that late hit on Dalton, I’ll never know. I thought the NFL was trying to corral that kind of play.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 10-27-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    How Jon Boston isn’t suspended for that late hit on Dalton, I’ll never know. I thought the NFL was trying to corral that kind of play.
    Looks like the commish weighed in the subject though:

https:///espn.com

"In regard to the late hit on Dallas Quarterback Andy Dalton, delivered by Jon Boston... As most are well aware, the NFL has a zero-tolerance policy in regard to cheap shots, particularly when it involves the Quarterback position. Therefore, it is our decision that Vontaze Burfict will be suspended for the remainder of the 2020 season. We hope this will be a deterrent to future unsportsmanlike conduct from other players. Thank you very much. And Go Steelers! Wait, scratch that last part. Nah...leave it. Who cares..." -Roger Goddell
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

18. Likes:

Chip R (10-28-2020),Kingspoint (10-30-2020),WrongVerb (10-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I mean my God man. Tried to find one that'd embed, but I guess none of them can thanks to the NFL.

Wow, that is one of the most inspiring things I've seen on a football field in a long time. Thanks for sharing.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Chris Godwin having surgery on broken finger

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Pro Bowl wide receiver Chris Godwin suffered a broken index finger Sunday against the Las Vegas Raiders and is undergoing surgery Tuesday, sources confirmed to ESPN.
    this guy can't catch a break this season!
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    His finger did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?