Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Oh brother. What do you folks think about affirmative action in the form of moving a team up in the draft if they hire a minority? Well that's exactly what they're considering right now:

https://www.nfl.com/news/owners-to-v...ty-hc-gm-hires
    I see no one wanted to talk about this but it did not go through. I agree with this guy:

Credit to the NFL, they shot down the absurd draft pick bonus idea for hiring of minority GM & coaching candidates. But the idea was so dumb it should have never gone public at all.
    https://twitter.com/ClayTravis?ref_s...16086921220096

2. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (05-19-2020),Tony Cloninger (05-20-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    feels like we need to get these guys back on the practice field ASAP....
    After reading this Cody Latimer deserves a medal most would of done worse.

https://sports.yahoo.com/attorney-pe...105728906.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    After reading this Cody Latimer deserves a medal most would of done worse.

https://sports.yahoo.com/attorney-pe...105728906.html
    I still do not really understand the event and timeline....the guy he hit on the head was suppposedly a good friend and not the person that allegedly harmed his child.

I still do not really understand the event and timeline....the guy he hit on the head was suppposedly a good friend and not the person that allegedly harmed his child.
    I am assuming his friend was trying to stop him from making an even dumber mistake. A lot of unanswered questions, but it seems as if he was confronting a man he believes sexually assaulted his son. If this is the case, although not smart no logical person should think this is all thatwrong.

I just posted in the OSU thread, but the OSU AD was talking about possibly having 20-25k fans in the stadium this season. I wonder if NFL teams will look at something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I just posted in the OSU thread, but the OSU AD was talking about possibly having 20-25k fans in the stadium this season. I wonder if NFL teams will look at something similar.
    I think it's being considered

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    depends on layout of stadium...but most NFL stadiums do not have the max capacity as the Horseshoe, so I assume it would be less if they followed the same plan.

depends on layout of stadium...but most NFL stadiums do not have the max capacity as the Horseshoe, so I assume it would be less if they followed the same plan.
    Right, most NFL stadiums are in the 60-80k range. Although OSU said they are modeling up to 45k fans which is almost 50% capacity.

I think the biggest challenge is getting people in and out of the stadium. Even at 25% capacity that's still a lot of people going in and out a few doors. Bathrooms also seem like a problem. On the plus side there is a good argument for fans to BYOB.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero
    NFL clubs today received updated playing rules change proposals.

Most interesting: an alternative to the onside kick that would allow a team a chance to maintain possession by going for it on 4th-and-15 from their 25-yard line. Sounds like support for the idea is growing.
    10:13 AM · May 21, 2020·
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-22-2020)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

At 4th and 15, I think teams try that fairly often. That's pretty obtainable I think.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    At 4th and 15, I think teams try that fairly often. That's pretty obtainable I think.
    I think its being limited to 2 during a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    But if you don't get it the other team is pretty much in field goal range already.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I think its being limited to 2 during a game.
    that would be funny....get a high powered offense and a terrible defense and just never give them the ball. (I know that would be nearly impossible at that level, but if it was in high school and some noncon college football games, it would be very possible if not limit was in place)

90% of the time, I am against these type of changes to the game, but I can see the possibility of this being entertaining....that is until it burns my team. I think the issue with the onside kick is the odds are so extremely low now with some of the changes in rules to protect players that it has became mostly a hopeless effort....akin to getting a rebound in basketball and having to heave it 85 feet with one hand because there is less than a second on the clock.

Rumor has it Dak turned down 5 yr 175...I think he is going to regret that decision at some point.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

21. Likes:

North (05-23-2020)

Turn Off Ads?