Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Chiefs Ravens is as good as it gets right now.
    Lamar didn't deliver.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-29-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Someone delivered in Tennessee. 8 Titans tested positive for COVID.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

https://abc13.com/sports/8-new-covid...-game/6648173/

Both the Titans and the Vikings have suspended in-person club activities. I assume this means they cannot practice. Houston is scheduled to play Minnesota this week, and there are concerns that the game will not be played as scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Someone delivered in Tennessee. 8 Titans tested positive for COVID.
    wonder if they will be able to identify patient zero in the organization? I hope it is the 3rd string QB or the holder...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I don't know what you do if the NFL schedule starts to get disrupted. You can't play doubleheaders like in baseball. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room outside of the one bye week per team.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-29-2020),texasdave (09-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't know what you do if the NFL schedule starts to get disrupted. You can't play doubleheaders like in baseball. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room outside of the one bye week per team.
    I think the team that is unable to compete has to take the loss as a last resort if cannot be made up? Maybe allow every team 1 game, then everything additional is a loss? I am not sure what else to do....it sucks, but one team clearly has no responsibility in the situation, and the other has some level of responsibility.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think the team that is unable to compete has to take the loss as a last resort if cannot be made up? Maybe allow every team 1 game, then everything additional is a loss? I am not sure what else to do....it sucks, but one team clearly has no responsibility in the situation, and the other has some level of responsibility.
    My ideas:
    -Move Playoffs back 1 week (if the missing game affects playoffs) and play a "week 18".
    -Move games back to like Tuesday/Wednesday, move the following week game to Monday and then get back to normal schedules.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

11. Likes:

RiverRat13 (10-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think they could make it up after the season if it mattered. Houston plays in a covered stadium so they could play there. They could always bump the playoffs back a week and kill that extra week between the championship games and the Super Bowl. I'm sure they have a plan. Hard to believe they would get caught flat footed by this considering all the games that were postponed in the MLB season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    wonder if they will be able to identify patient zero in the organization? I hope it is the 3rd string QB or the holder...
    They already know who.

Turns out it was Matt Davidson again.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

14. Likes:

adkindo (09-29-2020),Boston Red (09-29-2020),Chip R (09-29-2020),JaxRed (09-30-2020),Redhook (09-30-2020),RedTeamGo! (10-04-2020),Revering4Blue (09-29-2020),Slyder (09-29-2020),UKFlounder (09-29-2020),WrongVerb (09-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think they could make it up after the season if it mattered. Houston plays in a covered stadium so they could play there. They could always bump the playoffs back a week and kill that extra week between the championship games and the Super Bowl. I'm sure they have a plan. Hard to believe they would get caught flat footed by this considering all the games that were postponed in the MLB season.
    Given how brazen Goodell has been throughout the process I would be shocked if they have a contingency plan in place.

If it wasn’t for state regulations I guarantee there would be more fans in the stands right now than what there has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

There should be more fans in the stands. Like, almost everywhere should have crowds > 0.

https://www.click2houston.com/sports...ay-or-tuesday/

Titans and Steelers game is off for Sunday. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    https://www.click2houston.com/sports...ay-or-tuesday/

Titans and Steelers game is off for Sunday. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.
    This is now their bye week, and they will play each other in Week 6. Guess they happened to have the same bye week, so it worked out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

19. Likes:

Chip R (10-02-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This is now their bye week, and they will play each other in Week 6. Guess they happened to have the same bye week, so it worked out.
    Conspiracy!

Cam Newton tested postive for covid, out for tomorrow’s game Aginst Kansas City according to yahoo sports.

Turn Off Ads?