Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Could not disagree more about your assessment of the job it takes to be Head Coach in the NFL. Working with an Owner has nothing in similarity as working with College Presidents and A.D.'s and Alumni. College Coach in the college ranks is a pretty cushy life. There's nothing cushy about being an NFL Head Coach (except for the Bengals because you don't have to win). You have to be insane to do it in the first place.
    I said that NFL coaches have to deal with more complex schemes and better opposing coaches. I said it's a super hard job. I just think people are crazy to think that college coaching jobs aren't insane too.

Where are people getting the idea that college coaches have a cushy life? You think Nick Saban is putting in 40 hours a week? You think Urban Meyer almost killed himself with stress from leaving the office early? None of those guys see much of their family during the season.

Either way, most of these coaches work way too much unnecessarily. I think I read that Ron Rivera is home for dinner almost every night. It can be done, but most coaches are just control freaks and workaholics. Tons of reporters were saying during the lead up to the draft that having to do everything remotely made a lot of front office people realize they really didn't need to do all the things they'd been doing before because they were unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’d argue that college isn’t nowhere near as stressful as it was in the past.

Most of college football was recruiting and now the head coaches have recruiting coordinators that handle it. They might be involved with big time recruits trying to lock them down but there’s so many coaches/analysts now compared to the 90s.
    in regards to recruiting, the rules have became so strict, college coaches are not even allowed to recruit with near the same level of effort they once put into it. Everything is broken up into windows now, and it use to be 24/7 on every free day. On top of that, the budgets allow for so many admin positions that do all of the labor.

Still, I do not really believe one is easier than the other in regards to the NFL or college. It just often requires two different types of wiring. College coaches have so much red tape they have to deal with in everything they do, and now college coaches are fired and hired nearly as often as NFL coaches.
    Last edited by adkindo; 01-15-2021 at 11:48 PM.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I said that NFL coaches have to deal with more complex schemes and better opposing coaches. I said it's a super hard job. I just think people are crazy to think that college coaching jobs aren't insane too.

Where are people getting the idea that college coaches have a cushy life? You think Nick Saban is putting in 40 hours a week? You think Urban Meyer almost killed himself with stress from leaving the office early? None of those guys see much of their family during the season.

Either way, most of these coaches work way too much unnecessarily. I think I read that Ron Rivera is home for dinner almost every night. It can be done, but most coaches are just control freaks and workaholics. Tons of reporters were saying during the lead up to the draft that having to do everything remotely made a lot of front office people realize they really didn't need to do all the things they'd been doing before because they were unnecessary.

You can have a cushy life and work 60-75 hours a week. Heck, I've done that for my whole life and I'm in my 60's now, and my whole life has been pretty cushy. No College Coach is working 40, or even 50 hours a week. They all put in 60+. NFL Head Coaches are putting in 100+ hours a week. Night and Day difference. Few can do it successfully. They burn out quickly. You put in 75 hours as a Head Coach in the NFL and you're going to fail miserably (see Marvin Lewis...one major reason why he and his teams were always unprepared, undisciplined and poor at adjusting to things, which comes from preparedness, preparedness done by his opponent, and another reason why he was so miserable as a playoff Head Coach).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-16-2021 at 12:11 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Falcons hired Titans OC Arthur Smith as head coach. 39 in May, Smith was a rapid riser in the coaching ranks and just wrapped up his second season as the Titans’ offensive play-caller. He worked absolute wonders with Ryan Tannehill, putting his career back on track after it looked like it was lost in Miami. Derrick Henry also became a monster under Smith and rushed for over 2,000 yards this season. A.J. Brown, Corey Davis, and Jonnu Smith were also budding stars in Tennessee. It’s an exciting hire for Atlanta, and Smith should call his own plays, working with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and Calvin Ridley. It will keep the Falcons’ offense in high regard in the fantasy community.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I say Packers and Ravens today. I think there's a good chance Rams cover, though.

This Packers OL is so good. Donald being limited obviously hurts, but the Rams aren't even getting close to Rodgers and there are big holes on every run

The Packers offense just embarrassed the Rams D in the first half.

And it continues. Man, Rams defense did not bother showing up at all today.

Rams defense finally showed up. May be too little, too late, but at least they've given their offense a chance in the second half.

Uh....nevermind.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 01-16-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Bwahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-16-2021)

Hey Ravens Fans!!!

"Who's your Daddy?!" "Who's your Daddy?!" "Who's your Daddy?!"

Buffalo Bills is!!!

15. Likes:

GAC (01-17-2021),kaldaniels (01-16-2021)

Bills are your Daddy!!!!!

I can’t believe people put faith in Ravens. Lamar is a bottle merchant. They are not winning anything with him there. Burrow will be the best QB in this division next year.

18. Likes:

GAC (01-17-2021),Kingspoint (01-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Hey Ravens Fans!!!

"Who's your Daddy?!" "Who's your Daddy?!" "Who's your Daddy?!"

Buffalo Bills is!!!
    I mean, that was just an awful pass into quadruple coverage.

Be real easy to become a Bills' fan.

They dethrone (and it looks like it might be for a decade) the Patriots.

They are dominating Defensively the Ravens.

Like hearing the Leslie Frazier kudos from Collinsworth.

Turn Off Ads?