Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm just following the play by play on my computer....but what Baltimore did there are the end of the half seems exceptionally stupid.
    I know this will be a surprise to all, but the referees gave the Steelers an early Christmas gift by not stopping the clock or calling a delay of game as the Steelers played dead on top of the Ravens ball carrier on second down. They let 20 seconds run off the clock to spot the ball.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Likes:

Boston Red (12-02-2020),RiverRat13 (12-02-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I can feel the ugly on this game through the ESPN Gamecast.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Eagles coach Doug Pederson is no longer calling every play on offense and could give up more responsibility moving forward. Per reporter Jeff McLane, Pederson has "handed the reins over" to passing game coordinator Press Taylor "several times in recent games." Pederson could give Taylor "more responsibility starting Sunday in Green Bay." Senior offensive assistant Rich Scangarello has apparently also been calling some plays in two-minute situations since the beginning of the season. 32-year-old Taylor had previously never called plays "at any level." The play-calling hasn't exactly been stellar for the Eagles, but offensive line woes and Carson Wentz's struggles remain bigger issues. This is unlikely to spark a renaissance for the final five games of the season.

SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Jacksonville, Miami, Cincinnati all doing well as underdogs. Cincinnati would be up by 10 if they weren't getting totally screwed by the refs.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

King Felix and Junior shutting out the Mets, 5-0.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The New England punt returner has gained more yards than the San Diego Chargers.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-06-2020)

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Jets fired defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. The team had no choice but to part ways with Williams after one of the most egregious defensive play calls in league history. The Jets, up by four points with seconds to play, sent seven pass rushers, leaving New York defensive backs in man coverage against Vegas receivers. Henry Ruggs III came down with a 46-yard touchdown to win the game. Williams' play call was baffling in every way, and has drawn the ire of NFL analysts unlike any call in memory. Accusations of the Jets tanking for Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence can be quickly dismissed with the firing of Williams.

RELATED: New York Jets

As one poster said, it was Bengalesque, with the result being and immediate firing, which is non-bengalesque.

The 2020 NFL Season

Don’t look now but Pittsburgh is about to lose to Washington.

And the crying about playing 3 games in 12 days has started.
    Last edited by WVRed; 12-07-2020 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It took me to the 3rd quarter to realize the end zone at the Buffalo-San Francisco game said Arizona.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    It took me to the 3rd quarter to realize the end zone at the Buffalo-San Francisco game said Arizona.
    It took me until I read this post.

The Cowboys are currently jealous of the Bengals's comparitively competent organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The Cowboys are currently jealous of the Bengals's comparitively competent organization.
    A Bengals comparison is the NFL equivalent of a Hitler comparison in politics.

Anyone approaching the Bengals level of futility, at worst, does so on a temporary basis.

30 years.

And counting.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    A Bengals comparison is the NFL equivalent of a Hitler comparison in politics.

Anyone approaching the Bengals level of futility, at worst, does so on a temporary basis.

30 years.

And counting.
    The Bengals have been more successful than the Cowboys the last 25 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    The Bengals have been more successful than the Cowboys the last 25 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...owboys_seasons

No way.

Since Mike Brown assumed full control of the Bengals in 1990, it's not even close.

But ok... Let's skip all those Cowboys Super Bowls and just work with the past 25 years. the Cowboys have still won 4 playoff games to the Bengals 0.

Heck, just in the past 10 years they have won 2 playoff games. (Again, Bengals 0.)

Trying to compare other teams' futility to the Mike Brown's futility is like comparing catchers to Johnny Bench.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...owboys_seasons

No way.

Since Mike Brown assumed full control of the Bengals in 1990, it's not even close.

But ok... Let's skip all those Cowboys Super Bowls and just work with the past 25 years. the Cowboys have still won 4 playoff games to the Bengals 0.

Heck, just in the past 10 years they have won 2 playoff games. (Again, Bengals 0.)

Trying to compare other teams' futility to the Mike Brown's futility is like comparing catchers to Johnny Bench.
    I would say the franchises have been about the same. Cowboys have more playoff wins, Bengals were more consistently good recently. The Bengals have been a bad franchise in a boring way, the Cowboys have been a bad franchise in the most chaotic way.

Turn Off Ads?