Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

No simulator. Just my guesses based on total draft needs. Did the first four rounds. Dalton gets traded to New England for the #98 pick. Trent Williams gets traded to Tampa Bay for O. J. Howard and the #45 pick. Only time to post the first round.

1. CIN - Joe Burrow QB, LSU

2. WAS - Chase Young ED, Ohio St

3. DET - Jeff Okudah CB, Ohio St

4. ***TRADE*** Jacksonville Jaguars give up 2020 #'s 9 & 20 for New York Giants 2020 #4.
    JAX - Tua Tagovailoa QB, Alabama

5. MIA - Andrew Thomas LT, Georgia

6. LAC - Jedrick Wills LT, Alabama

7. ***TRADE*** New York Jets give up 2020 #'s 11, 68 and 2021 1st Rd (NYJ) for Carolina Panthers 2020 #7.
    NYJ - Tristan Wirfs LT, Iowa

8. ***TRADE*** Cleveland Browns give up 2020 #'s 10 & 41 for Arizona Cardinals 2020 #8.
    CLE - Josh Jones LT, Houston

9. ***TRADE*** Atlanta Falcons give up 2020 #'s 16, 47 and 2021 1st Rd (ATL) for New York Giants #9.
    ATL - Javon Kinlaw DT, South Carolina

10. ARI - Mekhi Becton OT, Louisville

11. CAR - Derrick Brown DT, Auburn

12. LVR - CeeDee Lamb WR, Oklahoma

13. SF - Jerry Jeudy WR, Alabama

14. TAM - Kristian Fulton CB, LSU

15. DEN - Denzil Mims WR, Baylor

16. NYG - Henry Ruggs III WR, Alabama

17. DAL - C.J. Henderson CB, Florida

18. MIA - Jordan Love QB, Utah St

19. LVR - Justin Hebert QB, Oregon

20. NYG - Isaiah Simmons LB, Clemson

21. PHI - Jalen Reagor WR, TCU

22. MIN - Xavier McKinney S, Alabama

23. NEP A.J. Epeneza ED, Iowa

24. ***TRADE*** Miami Dolphins give up 2020 #'s 26 & 56 for New Orleans Saints 2020 #24.
    MIA - Laviska Shenault Jr. WR, Colorado

25. MIN - Jaylon Johnson CB, Utah

26. NOS - Grant Delpit S, LSU

27. SEA - Trevon Diggs CB, Alabama

28. BAL - Patrick Queen LB, LSU

29. TEN - Jeff Gladney CB, TCU

30. GBP Justin Jefferson WR, LSU

31. ***TRADE*** New York Giants give up 2020 #'s 36 & 99 for San Francisco 49ers 2020 #31.
    NYG - Curtis Weaver ED, Boise St

32. KCC - A.J. Terrell CB, Clemson
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-23-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Simmons at #20????????????????

My jaw is on the floor if he makes it past Las Vegas at #12. He is a freak athlete, a defensive Swiss army knife. In a league where the athletic TEs have become superior weapons he is the ultimate counter, a LB who runs like a CB. He's a sideline - sideline capable linebacker. I'd had him top 7 without question but with all the reports of a run on the tackles (Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, Wills) plus the 3 QBs and Young that's 8, then you'd likely see Brown and Okudah in there somewhere that makes 10 so my range for Simmons is 4 - 13 if I include the possibility of guys like Jones, Kinlaw, and CJ though I highly doubt it. I can't imagine any WRs going before him but both the Jets and Raiders need help. Either way I will be furious if my Jags stay at #9 and he's available and they pass.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 04-23-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Simmons at #20????????????????

My jaw is on the floor if he makes it past Las Vegas at #12. He is a freak athlete, a defensive Swiss army knife. In a league where the athletic TEs have become superior weapons he is the ultimate counter, a LB who runs like a CB. He's a sideline - sideline capable linebacker. I'd had him top 7 without question but with all the reports of a run on the tackles (Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, Wills) plus the 3 QBs and Young that's 8, then you'd likely see Brown and Okudah in there somewhere that makes 10 so my range for Simmons is 4 - 13 if I include the possibility of guys like Jones, Kinlaw, and CJ though I highly doubt it. I can't imagine any WRs going before him but both the Jets and Raiders need help. Either way I will be furious if my Jags stay at #9 and he's available and they pass.
    Every time a team's pick came up during the first 19 selections after #3, Simmons simply wasn't a player that team was looking for while another player improved the team better. Every team was struggling to figure out how to use him. CAR would be his best fit, but CAR likes the impact of Derrick Brown at NT better. NYG finally took him as a wth choice, we'll figure out how to use him. It's not that teams are concerned how to use him best, but more concerned that he isn't exposed being put in one position. He'll have to be moved around. He's most similar to Troy Paulamula in his ability to play everywhere, but nowhere.

I just woke up and see now that the word "plunge" is being used with Simmons, that JAX is the most likely scenario for Tua and that MIA still desperately wants Joe Burrow, but CIN isn't budging.

Thought my biggest surprise to people here is MIA taking Love at #18 over Hebert.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-23-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The pick I hated the most to make was ARI - Becton. Becton doesn't belong in the 1st Rd any more than Ogbuehi did. If they didn't take him, SEA might have taken him at 27, they added Ogbuehi to their roster, a slot he fits much better. But, ARI doesn't do things like anyone else.

If Hebert falls past #19 and the LVR I would be surprised, though the NEP could try to trade up from #23 to #16 with future picks to get Love or Hebert. But, I think MIA has been great at hiding their interest in Love (though we know NEP have spies everywhere), fools New England, and that NEP will mistakely believe that Love gets past them and lose out on both of them, turning their sites to Dalton.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-23-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    My 2 cents.....if the draft played out as you forecast. Again, just my thoughts on the positioning, which I assume you are predicting what teams will do and not your personal preference.

- it will be a painful mistake for the teams that select Jeudy and/or Ruggs if Lamb is on the board.

- if SF can get Kinlaw @ #13, I think that will great value.

- Chiasson @ #16 and Delpit @ #26 will not be great picks....think both are being overrated based on being part of a great college defense.

- do not like Higgins in the 1st round after his times were reported.

- think Blalock @ #27 and Murray @ #28 would be steals.

- Yetur Gross-Matos in the 1st Round may get a GM fired (with a real but much smaller chance of getting the GM a bigger bonus)
    All three WR picks I made were dead on. As was Kinlaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    All three WR picks I made were dead on. As was Kinlaw.
    thought you had Higgins in 1st? My comments was not opposed to your predictions....it was my thoughts on the picks if they did play out that way.

Saw an article recently that made a good point in regards to the Bucs trading for Gronk. Unless there is some fact that I am missing, why would the Bucs not wait until after the draft to negotiate that trade? It seems reasonable and even likely that they could have made the trade with a 2021 4th Round pick instead of giving up a 2020 4th Round pick....or even a 2021 3rd Round pick is likely less valuable to the Bucs than a 2020 4th Round pick if you consider their timeline to win with Brady and would be projected to be picking later in the rounds next season compared to this season. The Pats had little to know leverage. Gronk had most of the leverage, therefore the team Gronk wanted to play for likely had most of the leverage.

From the outside, it would seem like a slight mistake by the Bucs GM to not just wait a week.

I had kinda seen news here or there that the Alex Smith injury was bad, but I never paid much attention to it till I saw that E60. Holy crap man. Love the heart and dedication to try and come back to the NFL, but even if he never plays another down I'm in awe of what he's come back from.

12. Likes:

Chip R (05-05-2020),EnglishRed (05-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    If Hebert falls past #19 and the LVR I would be surprised, though the NEP could try to trade up from #23 to #16 with future picks to get Love or Hebert. But, I think MIA has been great at hiding their interest in Love (though we know NEP have spies everywhere), fools New England, and that NEP will mistakely believe that Love gets past them and lose out on both of them, turning their sites to Dalton.
    Your takes on QB were totally off-base. Mia and LAC went exactly as everyone thought they would. Jax really was content to roll with Minshew as starter one more year, and if needed make a play for Trevor or Fields. And it looks as of NE is content to do the same with Stidham.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I get we are all desperate for live sports, but a 3 hour televised schedule release seems a bit extreme. I guess I can't blame them since ESPN has been replaying the draft most late night / early mornings in recent weeks.

The state of Michigan has fired the first shot in the battle with the NFL to have their season this Fall. The governor said that she'll not allow fans to "fill stadiums" this Fall
    "I think you can talk to your kids and say these are things we know, these are the unknowns, but we’re making progress," Whitmer said. "There is reason to feel some confidence here, but we also have to (temper) their expectations and say, ‘Life is going to be different.’ We’re not going to be filling stadiums this fall."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ll/5182123002/

16. Likes:

North (05-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The state of Michigan has fired the first shot in the battle with the NFL to have their season this Fall. The governor said that she'll not allow fans to "fill stadiums" this Fall

maybe she was just thinking of Detroit and focused on the Pistons and Tigers....it does not take Nostradamus to know those stadiums will not be full

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

In other news, Whitmer has extended the state shutdown until Michigan beats Ohio State in football.

That’ll take awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

20. Likes:

North (05-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    In other news, Whitmer has extended the state shutdown until Michigan beats Ohio State in football.

That’ll take awhile.
    Michigan is just killing that rivalry from a national perception....you have to both be good and both teams win to keep a rivalry relevant. I am not suggesting it will ever not be a big thing.....but until people really start to believe Michigan has a chance, it will lose national appeal. Once Michigan wins once or twice, it will be as big as ever again. So many rivalries from my youth just do not exist like WVU/Pitt, Nebraska/Oklahoma or Texas/Texas A&M because they are not played....or many more because the teams have not been good at the same time or one team has dominated.....USC/Notre Dame, Florida/Florida State, Miami/Florida State, etc. We still have Army/Navy and Harvard/Yale

Turn Off Ads?