Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Will there then be 2 bye weeks then if adding a 17th game? Add an extra game and bye week and only have 2 pre-season games?
    It's my understanding that they did not include another bye week in their proposal. They're talking 3 preseason games. Increase roster size to 55; gametime roster also increases by 2. Over half the players are on minimum contracts. They're increasing those quite a bit. $100K right away and more increases in the next few yrs. Increase playoff teams by one per conference so that only the #1 seed gets a bye. You can also recall 3 guys from IR.

I can't say that the 17th game excites me. The schedule now has great symmetry.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Will there then be 2 bye weeks then if adding a 17th game? Add an extra game and bye week and only have 2 pre-season games?
    It would still be 20 “overall” games. They’d just substitute a pre-season game for a regular one.

When this was first mentioned last year, I do recall an extra bye week being part of it. Recently, I haven’t read anything about that. I could be wrong, but I’m guessing the players would love an extra bye week. The only downside is their season would end 2 weeks later (extra game + bye while still starting after Labor Day). But, they could start a week later so net gain of one week. Somewhat selfishly, it’d be a win for fans too extending the season another week. And, it’d push the Super Bowl to mid-February when the sports world is as boring as watching paint dry.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I like the NFL starting a week after colleges. It's nice to give the colleges that week to themselves. I hope they don't open earlier; add onto to Feb as Redhook stated, it's a boring month for sports

Bears cleared 17 million off their cap yesterday could they have a deal for a QB already in place...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I like the NFL starting a week after colleges. It's nice to give the colleges that week to themselves. I hope they don't open earlier; add onto to Feb as Redhook stated, it's a boring month for sports
    Yeah, I think the starting week is set. They can’t mess with Labor Day weekend. Personally, I wish the season would start later because the weather is still awesome in September, but I know that’s not happening.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Bears cleared 17 million off their cap yesterday could they have a deal for a QB already in place...
    Bridgewater, Carr, Dalton or someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Bridgewater, Carr, Dalton or someone else?
    I have saw rumors of Mariota.

Count me as someone that is not in favor of a 17th game, and I also think a game should be shaved off preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Count me as someone that is not in favor of a 17th game, and I also think a game should be shaved off preseason.
    I'd definitely shave a game off of preseason. Teams are rapidly using joint practices to get their starters the reps they need and then keeping them on the sidelines in preseason games.

No way the owners shave a game off preseason. They're getting full price on those games from their season ticket holders. That's free money

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Never seen shade thrown toward a dirty player like shade gets thrown at Burfict.

I could rattle off a laundry list of dirty players that are/were celebrated as opposed to vilified, just on the Steelers alone, nevermind the rest of the league.

But whatever. Hopefully he means what he says and will work his aggressiveness within the confines of present-day NFL rules. I don't think he'll be able to, personally. What is and isn't dirty is far too wishy-washy these days and Burfict will get zero benefit of the doubt. So he'll either dial it back so far that he is ineffective, or he'll lay out a borderline hit one time and be done for the season again.

He should just retire. Or go play for another league and dominate for a few years.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

15. Likes:

Chip R (02-25-2020),Kingspoint (02-25-2020),North (02-25-2020)

Add 2 teams, change up the divisions, everyone plays 1 on Thursday night, locked in bye the Sunday before, 1 "floating bye" not to be done within a month of the Thursday Night game. Owners get the extra tv revenue from 17th week, players get an extra "bye" and rest/no 'short weeks'.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Just listened to a full rundown on the upcoming draft of a question and answer discussion by Benjamin Allbright of KOA Radio, Colorado. This guy is good. Always love it when I can find a great, not just good, source for information. His NFL analysis is spot-on. Looking forward to hearing his views and information about the NFL and other sports in the future.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Eliminate all Thrusday games. That's the only way the players union should agree to this, in addition to having two bye weeks.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?