Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    now, Mahomes breaks his thumb and is out for 3 Weeks? Kelce or Hill have a real injury and miss games? All that has to be included into the odds. I would guess that number moves up to 12.5 if there was a guarantee that those 3 guys would play all 16 games. Also....every DC on their schedule has had months to break down their film from last year and scheme to try to slow them down....and probably spent more time on them that most other teams on their schedule. I would not be surprised if their offense is a little less dominant this season simply for the reason so much time will have been spent of trying to slow them down in the offseason.
    ...and they crush HOU, one of the six "tough" games on their schedule, and it only takes them two quarters to do it. They didn't even have to throw a pass to Kelce in the 2nd Half.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    https://twitter.com/lthomasnews/stat...457611777?s=21

No fan of Skip Bayless, and this only enhances that.
    The most ridiculous thing about the clip is the fact that this show exists.

4. Likes:

redsfanmia (09-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    ...and they crush HOU, one of the six "tough" games on their schedule, and it only takes them two quarters to do it. They didn't even have to throw a pass to Kelce in the 2nd Half.
    only time will tell how "tough" Houston is this season....I did not see a playoff team last night when watching Houston.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The most ridiculous thing about the clip is the fact that this show exists.
    I was happy when I found out he was exiting First Take....then they replaced him with someone maybe even more repulsive.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

only time will tell how "tough" Houston is this season....I did not see a playoff team last night when watching Houston.
    Watson is not polished, and is apt to have bad games. Their gameplan of ignoring Cobb amd Woods (hampered) didn't help when they knew they had to score a lot of points (over 44 to win as K.C. took the foot off the pedal in the 2nd half). Watson and the Offense will find themsleves. David Johnson's league-low yards-after-contact the last three years seems to be over, and when they get back to passing the ball 45 times per game, he'll have fewer touches which will keep him fresher.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I have a theory about Sports Talk shows during the day.

No one actually watches them. Not actively anyway. But bars, restaurants, office lobbies, fitness centers, etc leave them on all day and that drives ratings up.

But no one is really watching it. Maybe Youtube clips of it.

Thoughts?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I have a theory about Sports Talk shows during the day.

No one actually watches them. Not actively anyway. But bars, restaurants, office lobbies, fitness centers, etc leave them on all day and that drives ratings up.

But no one is really watching it. Maybe Youtube clips of it.

Thoughts?
    Those places you listed are considered out of home viewers, and they literally were never included in the ratings until last month. If you look at daily ratings in July 2020 and August 2020, there is a material increase for the cable news channels across the board because of the change....I assume ESPN got some level of bump also.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Those places you listed are considered out of home viewers, and they literally were never included in the ratings until last month. If you look at daily ratings in July 2020 and August 2020, there is a material increase for the cable news channels across the board because of the change....I assume ESPN got some level of bump also.
    Well, maybe my theory is wrong then.

Every time I am waiting in some office or wherever and that stuff is on tv, I am baffled as to who their audience is. It's like diarrhea, just pouring out of the screen and speakers.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I can't stand sports talk shows. I haven't watched or listened to one in ages, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything in my life.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-12-2020)

Kamara and the Saintsi and Dalvin Cook with the Vikes each sign5 yr deals ( although Cook’s deal is really 3 years 28 mil with an option for the last two).
    A lot to pay for RBs.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I can't stand sports talk shows. I haven't watched or listened to one in ages, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything in my life.
    I love the ESPNU channel (maybe it is ESPN College?) on Sirius/XM throughout the day...especially in football and basketball season. I also like Clay Travis on FoxSports radio depending on the season/subject, and while I am no longer a regular listener, I enjoy shows like Dan Patrick and Jim Rome...again depending on the season and subject. It is all audio though....do not like watching.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Kamara and the Saintsi and Dalvin Cook with the Vikes each sign5 yr deals ( although Cook’s deal is really 3 years 28 mil with an option for the last two).
    A lot to pay for RBs.
    also, the Saints are supposedly going into cap hell after this season....and that was before the Kamara extension. Not sure how they will make it work.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Well, maybe my theory is wrong then.

Every time I am waiting in some office or wherever and that stuff is on tv, I am baffled as to who their audience is. It's like diarrhea, just pouring out of the screen and speakers.
    and I was not trying to be a know it all...there is literally no reason I know that except I heard a detailed discussion about it last week on the radio while driving. I also had assumed the ratings were all inclusive at least in regards to cable tv services, but "enterprise" and "business" accounts were not included before recently. I think they are still trying to figure out how to pick up some streaming and other methods in 2020 that are not included.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

also, the Saints are supposedly going into cap hell after this season....and that was before the Kamara extension. Not sure how they will make it work.
    Brees' contract will be gone.

Like the 49er's, Cowboys and Patriots, they always find a way.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-13-2020)

Todd Gurley looks smaller as a Falcon....assume he lost weight to try to reduce injuries.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?