Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 666

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

  1. #391
    TyrannoSuarez Wrecks WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    15,517

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Oops
    Gratitude + Forgiveness = Happiness

    Covid to date...
    Total cases: 12,277,827
    New cases yesterday: 204,179
    Total deaths: 260,331
    New deaths yesterday: 1,999

  2. Likes:

    Kingspoint (09-23-2020)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #392
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    My spouse and I were just discussing over the weekend who you have a better chance of getting a shot from that works out well. A pharmacist herself, she said that she feels better from a Nurse simply because those that do it most often are less likely to screw it up. When you get your flu shots it is always a pharmacist that does it.

    I think Tyrod Taylor just learned that it's better for a Nurse to give him a shot. That Doctor just got Taylor "Pipped", costing him possibly millions of dollars for next season. Maybe the Doctor is a Ducks fan.

    With Herbert taking over, there's no going back to Taylor now. The public outcry would cost the Coach his job, or at least put a lot of pressure on him. This is Los Angeles, where public opinion matters.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  5. #393
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    13,907

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Whether with Chargers or someone else, Taylor was never going to be anything but a backup or a transition QB. This doesn't cost him anything. Dude has made $54 million in his career. Being nothing but a placeholder. Do it a couple more years and retire all your faculties.

    Hell, after this is over, and Herbert is the full time guy, I might hit Chargers up for a new 2 year backup deal.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

  6. #394
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Whether with Chargers or someone else, Taylor was never going to be anything but a backup or a transition QB. This doesn't cost him anything. Dude has made $54 million in his career. Being nothing but a placeholder. Do it a couple more years and retire all your faculties.

    Hell, after this is over, and Herbert is the full time guy, I might hit Chargers up for a new 2 year backup deal.
    If he had put together 8-12 games as a Starter, he was going to get paid a lot more next season than if he ends up only starting 4 games this season. Even as a backup, he could command more.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  7. #395
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/charger...202530914.html

    Interesting article concerning the Tyrod Taylor/Team Physician screwup.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  8. #396
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Had to post this comment from Rotoworld in response to Andy Reid's comments:

    Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins is in the league's concussion protocol. Watkins after the Chiefs' Week 2 win over the Chargers insisted he was fine after taking a head shot from Denzel Perryman in the fourth quarter. Head coach Andy Reid confirmed Thursday that Watkins is in the NFL's concussion protocol, adding that "it's more neck now than the other part." Presumably the other part is Watkins' brain. Watkins missing this week's Monday night game against Baltimore could open up more target for Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson.

    SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  9. #397
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Could we see some Mercury Morris this weekend? Carolina is pretty stacked at Wide Receiver, better than most teams in the NFL. Moving Samuel to a RB role like Mercury Morris would be a really smart move, taking a lot of pressure off of having to rely on Bridgewater to win you games.

    From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

    Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady said he wants to get Curtis Samuel more involved in the team's offense. In three years at Ohio State, Samuel logged 171 rushes and 106 receptions, and has five carries through two games this season, creating speculation that he could inherit some of Christian McCaffrey's rushing workload in the coming weeks. Panthers coaches, however, have been clear that Mike Davis is CMC's backup and will serve as the main ball carrier. That doesn't mean Brady can't devise new ways to manufacture touches for Samuel in what will likely be a pass-heavy game script this week against a tough Chargers defense. Samuel is a borderline flex in 14-team leagues this week.

    SOURCE: Steve Reed on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  10. #398
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    My spouse and I were just discussing over the weekend who you have a better chance of getting a shot from that works out well. A pharmacist herself, she said that she feels better from a Nurse simply because those that do it most often are less likely to screw it up. When you get your flu shots it is always a pharmacist that does it.

    I think Tyrod Taylor just learned that it's better for a Nurse to give him a shot. That Doctor just got Taylor "Pipped", costing him possibly millions of dollars for next season. Maybe the Doctor is a Ducks fan.

    With Herbert taking over, there's no going back to Taylor now. The public outcry would cost the Coach his job, or at least put a lot of pressure on him. This is Los Angeles, where public opinion matters.
    The flu shot is an IM injection with a needle slightly bigger than an insulin injection....a 5 year old could be trained to administer in a few minutes, and is nearly impossible to do incorrectly. In contrast, a cortisone injection into into the rib area is a fairly complex injection, and as this example illustrates can easily go wrong. Honestly, I have never known of a nurse to perform that type of injection, and if they are allowed, I would assume it is specialized training they have received for their area of medicine. Some complex injections are only allowed to be performed by doctors, PA's and NP's....but I am not sure if an IM injection to the midsection is one of them.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  11. #399
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    The flu shot is an IM injection with a needle slightly bigger than an insulin injection....a 5 year old could be trained to administer in a few minutes, and is nearly impossible to do incorrectly. In contrast, a cortisone injection into into the rib area is a fairly complex injection, and as this example illustrates can easily go wrong. Honestly, I have never known of a nurse to perform that type of injection, and if they are allowed, I would assume it is specialized training they have received for their area of medicine. Some complex injections are only allowed to be performed by doctors, PA's and NP's....but I am not sure if an IM injection to the midsection is one of them.
    Uh....wrong on the simplicity of giving a flu shot.

    The flu shot by the Pharmacist's is missed more than 10% of the time. A Nurse still misses 5% of the time. Missing means, missing the vein or going all the way through the vein (the usual miss).

    True, a Nurse doesn't do the rib injections of cortisone, and I knew that when I posted it. I was just trying to emphasize that a Nurse gives shots more than anyone else and is thus, better at it for the more simple injections, like a flu shot.

    That said, the previous Chargers Physician was sued by the players and was so bad that his surgical license was removed from him by the State of California. Doctors for Sports Teams have some of the worst morals of any physicians on the planet. They NEVER have the player's best interest in mind. It is always the team and they will lie to a player's face regarding what the team wants them to tell the player to protect their job.

    People think that the Portland Trail Blazers always had "bad luck" when it came to injuries. It was never bad luck. It was their lead physicians' philosophy of how an NBA athlete should train and treat injuries that led to all of their above average non-contact injuries. Once they got rid of him after 20 years of him being in charge, their health miraculously got better, the last 18 months being an exception.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-24-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  12. #400
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Uh....wrong on the simplicity of giving a flu shot.

    The flu shot by the Pharmacist's is missed more than 10% of the time. A Nurse still misses 5% of the time. Missing means, missing the vein or going all the way through the vein (the usual miss).
    what are you talking about? The flu vaccine is not injected into a vein....it is an intramuscular injection with a 5/8" needle that is 23-25 gauge. It is given in the shoulder because there are no major nerves at that depth, and the only way to "miss" would be to miss the whole shoulder. I could give myself 1,000 flu shots blindfolded and never "miss".....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  13. #401
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    what are you talking about? The flu vaccine is not injected into a vein....it is an intramuscular injection with a 5/8" needle that is 23-25 gauge. It is given in the shoulder because there are no major nerves at that depth, and the only way to "miss" would be to miss the whole shoulder. I could give myself 1,000 flu shots blindfolded and never "miss".....
    I stand corrected. I was referring to shots that target the vein.

    Just got my flu shot five minutes ago.

    Had a lot of surgeries and given a lot of blood the last few years so I've just been recalling the shots to the vein. In my lifetime, medical personnel have missed the vein or overshot it 25% of the time. I just accept that it's a high probability that it may happen even though my veins are very visible.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-24-2020 at 08:39 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  14. #402
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    40,317

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That said, the previous Chargers Physician was sued by the players and was so bad that his surgical license was removed from him by the State of California. Doctors for Sports Teams have some of the worst morals of any physicians on the planet. They NEVER have the player's best interest in mind. It is always the team and they will lie to a player's face regarding what the team wants them to tell the player to protect their job.
    Very true. The doctor works for the team, not the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  15. #403
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I stand corrected. I was referring to shots that target the vein.

    Just got my flu shot five minutes ago.

    Had a lot of surgeries and given a lot of blood the last few years so I've just been recalling the shots to the vein. In my lifetime, medical personnel have missed the vein or overshot it 25% of the time. I just accept that it's a high probability that it may happen even though my veins are very visible.
    yeah, it is night and day the skill required to hit a vein compared to a IM shoulder injection....I have not had a ton of IV's or injections that feed directly in the vein, but enough to where I have almost concluded it is a natural skill of some medical professionals....and some do not have it. They may be excellent patient care providers, just do not have that touch to hit the vein with ease. They know also....go to any floor nursing desk and ask who is the best at IV's and they will always say the same 1 or 2 names of nurses on that shift.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  16. Likes:

    Kingspoint (09-25-2020)

  17. #404
    TyrannoSuarez Wrecks WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    15,517

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Ryan Fitzpatrick enters record book in leading Miami Dolphins over Jacksonville Jaguars

    Fitzpatrick on Thursday night became the first NFL player since at least 1950 to record at least one victory for six different teams against a single opponent, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. It was an accomplishment only Fitzpatrick could achieve. After leading the visiting Miami Dolphins to a 31-13 victory at TIAA Bank Field, the well-traveled quarterback has now defeated the Jaguars as a member of the Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills, Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans and New York Jets.
    He got his first start against the Jaguars in 2008, defeating them 21-19 as a member of the Bengals. Thus began an odyssey that would take him through Buffalo, which he led to a 34-18 victory over the Jaguars in 2012. The Titans welcomed Fitzpatrick in 2013 and were treated to a 20-16 victory in Week 16 of that season. He led the Texans to a 27-13 triumph in 2014 and, as a member of the Jets in 2015, engineered a 28-23 victory.
    Gratitude + Forgiveness = Happiness

    Covid to date...
    Total cases: 12,277,827
    New cases yesterday: 204,179
    Total deaths: 260,331
    New deaths yesterday: 1,999

  18. Likes:

    Kingspoint (09-25-2020),texasdave (09-25-2020)

  19. #405
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    are the Falcons imploding again?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator