Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 679

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

  1. #421
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,431

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Chiefs Ravens is as good as it gets right now.
    Lamar didn't deliver.

  2. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (09-29-2020)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #422
    We have a pool and a pond Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    A pond is good for you.
    Posts
    1,793

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Someone delivered in Tennessee. 8 Titans tested positive for COVID.
    He said he was curious about the crowd but didn’t want to stay and talk. “I’m heading out,” he said. “This is a super-spreader event.”

  5. #423
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,559

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    https://abc13.com/sports/8-new-covid...-game/6648173/

    Both the Titans and the Vikings have suspended in-person club activities. I assume this means they cannot practice. Houston is scheduled to play Minnesota this week, and there are concerns that the game will not be played as scheduled.

  6. #424
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Someone delivered in Tennessee. 8 Titans tested positive for COVID.
    wonder if they will be able to identify patient zero in the organization? I hope it is the 3rd string QB or the holder...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  7. #425
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,431

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    I don't know what you do if the NFL schedule starts to get disrupted. You can't play doubleheaders like in baseball. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room outside of the one bye week per team.

  8. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (09-29-2020),texasdave (09-29-2020)

  9. #426
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't know what you do if the NFL schedule starts to get disrupted. You can't play doubleheaders like in baseball. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room outside of the one bye week per team.
    I think the team that is unable to compete has to take the loss as a last resort if cannot be made up? Maybe allow every team 1 game, then everything additional is a loss? I am not sure what else to do....it sucks, but one team clearly has no responsibility in the situation, and the other has some level of responsibility.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  10. #427
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,359

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think the team that is unable to compete has to take the loss as a last resort if cannot be made up? Maybe allow every team 1 game, then everything additional is a loss? I am not sure what else to do....it sucks, but one team clearly has no responsibility in the situation, and the other has some level of responsibility.
    My ideas:
    -Move Playoffs back 1 week (if the missing game affects playoffs) and play a "week 18".
    -Move games back to like Tuesday/Wednesday, move the following week game to Monday and then get back to normal schedules.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

    William Arthur Ward


  11. Likes:

    RiverRat13 (10-01-2020)

  12. #428
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    40,317

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't know what you do if the NFL schedule starts to get disrupted. You can't play doubleheaders like in baseball. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room outside of the one bye week per team.
    I think they could make it up after the season if it mattered. Houston plays in a covered stadium so they could play there. They could always bump the playoffs back a week and kill that extra week between the championship games and the Super Bowl. I'm sure they have a plan. Hard to believe they would get caught flat footed by this considering all the games that were postponed in the MLB season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  13. #429
    We have a pool and a pond Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    A pond is good for you.
    Posts
    1,793

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    wonder if they will be able to identify patient zero in the organization? I hope it is the 3rd string QB or the holder...
    They already know who.

    Turns out it was Matt Davidson again.
    He said he was curious about the crowd but didn’t want to stay and talk. “I’m heading out,” he said. “This is a super-spreader event.”

  14. Likes:

    adkindo (09-29-2020),Boston Red (09-29-2020),Chip R (09-29-2020),JaxRed (09-30-2020),Redhook (09-30-2020),RedTeamGo! (10-04-2020),Revering4Blue (09-29-2020),Slyder (09-29-2020),UKFlounder (09-29-2020),WrongVerb (09-29-2020)

  15. #430
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,540

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think they could make it up after the season if it mattered. Houston plays in a covered stadium so they could play there. They could always bump the playoffs back a week and kill that extra week between the championship games and the Super Bowl. I'm sure they have a plan. Hard to believe they would get caught flat footed by this considering all the games that were postponed in the MLB season.
    Given how brazen Goodell has been throughout the process I would be shocked if they have a contingency plan in place.

    If it wasn’t for state regulations I guarantee there would be more fans in the stands right now than what there has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  16. #431
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,431

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    There should be more fans in the stands. Like, almost everywhere should have crowds > 0.

  17. #432
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,559

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    https://www.click2houston.com/sports...ay-or-tuesday/

    Titans and Steelers game is off for Sunday. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.

  18. #433
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,860

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    https://www.click2houston.com/sports...ay-or-tuesday/

    Titans and Steelers game is off for Sunday. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.
    This is now their bye week, and they will play each other in Week 6. Guess they happened to have the same bye week, so it worked out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  19. Likes:

    Chip R (10-02-2020)

  20. #434
    You serious Clark? Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This is now their bye week, and they will play each other in Week 6. Guess they happened to have the same bye week, so it worked out.
    Conspiracy!
    Fake news

  21. #435
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    50

    Re: The 2020 NFL Season

    Cam Newton tested postive for covid, out for tomorrow’s game Aginst Kansas City according to yahoo sports.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator