Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

I mean, the Ravens are basically the Browns so I'm sure something could be done.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Patriots-Broncos moved to Monday night

Titans and Bills likely going to Tuesday night.

Is it just me or is the NFL capitalizing on COVID?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

4. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-08-2020),Revering4Blue (10-08-2020)

A Jets player has tested positive and all the players and coaches have been sent home. I've heard the game may be moved to Tuesday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-covid-19-test
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Better to move it to Wednesday, so there isn't another NFL game to compete with.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

7. Likes:

Chip R (10-13-2020),Revering4Blue (10-09-2020)

thoughts about Tampa Bay after Bears loss....

- watching and reading the TB media who was anti Winston make excuse after excuse for Brady is becoming irritating...I thought Tampa Bay made a mistake by dumping Winston and handing the franchise to a 43 year old Brady when it happened, and I still believe it was a poor decision. I get that the offense is short handed, but is that why Brady plays like he is terrified of getting his uniform dirty? Is that why 50% of his balls, especially after an INT, are thrown into the turf? Brady plays scared....or call it plays not to lose at best.

- after last season, I was no longer a fan of Bruce Arians. His teams are undisciplined, he almost never takes responsibility and always blames someone else, and dude is basically a senior citizen concerned about looking "cool". I thought he did Winston very bad, and threw him under the bus to cover up his own failures. He pretended like it was not his offense that had Winton slinging the ball 30 and 40 yards down the field every possession was partly responsible for the interceptions...he pretended that the Bucs having zero running game in his offense was not an issue for Winston....he pretended that 1st year QB's in his offense do not have a history of career high interceptions.....he basically knew he was only going to coach another year or two, and thought Brady would protect him through the end of his time on the sideline.

- the Bucs have lost 2 major pieces for the season over the last 2 weeks....OJ Howard last week and Vita Vea broke his leg this week. Vea is a huge reason the Bucs running defense has been the best in the NFL over the last 2 seasons.

- I do not see the Bucs making much noise this season unless Brady significantly improves his play. The offense is stacked with talent, but I have doubts that Brady has enough mentally left to do what it takes to make the offense explosive. I would be much more confident in this teams odds this year and in the future with Winston at QB.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-12-2020)

Brady is 43.

If he gets takes a shot like Burrow got hit vs the Eagles, Brady would turn to dust.

Brady knows this.

11. Likes:

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

NFL is shutting down the Patriots’ facility this morning, marking the third shutdown there in 10 days, sources tell me and @FieldYates. Patriots are testing this morning and awaiting further direction from the NFL. But the status of Monday night’s game vs. Denver is in question.
    3:50am · 11 Oct 2020
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Silver and Black is Back!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

It's Red Rifle time in Dallas.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

15. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-11-2020),Kingspoint (10-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    It's Red Rifle time in Dallas.
    I will bet Dalton does pretty well.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-12-2020)

I pity the team that opposes Fitzpatrick when he is feeling the magic....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Haskins is supposedly expected to be moved fairly soon. Have to think a place like Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Tampa Bay or Indy would be great landing spots for him....allow him to backup for a couple years behind a vet.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

20. Likes:

That Seattle-Minnesota game was crazy. Bunch of lead changes, defensive stop by the Seahawks on 4th and inches, then drive the ball the other way to score a touchdown to go up by 1. Game ended on a weird play -- Cousins went to throw the ball, but his arm was hit and the bank came out. Ruled a fumble, time ran out while the players scrambled to recover the ball.

That Dak injury was brutal. Felt sick watching him hold his leg with his dangling foot barely attached.

I was really happy to see Dalton come in and play well tho. He's a good dude. I hope he leads this Cowboys to the playoffs and if so I hope he gets a win.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Haskins is supposedly expected to be moved fairly soon. Have to think a place like Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Tampa Bay or Indy would be great landing spots for him....allow him to backup for a couple years behind a vet.
    I can't imagine they'd get much for him. 3rd or 4th at best.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

24. Likes:

adkindo (10-12-2020)

Turn Off Ads?