Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

very cool moment after the Dolphins game....Tua got his first action, and returned to the field after the stadium emptied to just take it in....

Cameron Wolfe
    @CameronWolfe

Tua Tagovailoa went back to the field and he’s sitting around the 15-yard-line in full uniform. It looks like he’s soaking this moment in. On November 16, 2019, Tua suffered a potentially career-ending injury. On October 18, 2020, he threw his first NFL passes.

7:23 PM · Oct 18, 2020
    https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/sta...69501888139264
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

Chip R (10-20-2020),GAC (10-20-2020),Kingspoint (10-18-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers acquire starting New York Jets nose tackle Steve McLendon

Shortly after falling to 0-6, the New York Jets finalized a trade Sunday night that sends starting nose tackle Steve McLendon -- a captain -- to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a source confirmed.

The Jets will receive a 2022 sixth-round draft pick in exchange for McLendon and a 2023 seventh-round pick.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...steve-mclendon

could be an under the radar move that pays big dividends in filling the large void left by Vita Vea's absence against the run. At least it will be depth as it has been nearly impossible to win by running the ball against that Tampa Bay front 7 for 2 years.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-18-2020)

Only one of Derrick Henry's Man of Steel performances prevented the Titans from getting their first loss of the season (hats off to Romeo Crennel with the impact he's making in Houston) today.

Cannot emphasize enough the importance of having a Pro Bowl caliber Left Tackle who shows up every week. This could easily bring the Titans back to the pack.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Titans fear a torn ACL for LT Taylor Lewan. Lewan will undergo Monday tests to confirm. It would be a huge blow for the 5-0 Titans. Likely replacement Ty Sambrailo was immediately beaten for a fumble-causing sack in Lewan's Sunday absence against the Texans. Lewan has had sporadic injury issues since entering the league in 2014, but he's missed only one game hurt in the past five years.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers acquire starting New York Jets nose tackle Steve McLendon

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...steve-mclendon

could be an under the radar move that pays big dividends in filling the large void left by Vita Vea's absence against the run. At least it will be depth as it has been nearly impossible to win by running the ball against that Tampa Bay front 7 for 2 years.
    Jets worried they were too close in some of their ballgames....
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

8. Likes:

Chip R (10-20-2020),GAC (10-20-2020),Revering4Blue (10-19-2020)

Pulling for Dalton tonight!
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-19-2020)

The Cowboys game plan is terrible. Dalton is not as good as Dak, but they're calling plays like he's a rookie with no experience. They've thrown so many screens but have awesome receivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes:

GAC (10-20-2020),Kingspoint (10-19-2020)

Zeke putting 2 on the ground doesn't help either.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    The Cowboys game plan is terrible. Dalton is not as good as Dak, but they're calling plays like he's a rookie with no experience. They've thrown so many screens but have awesome receivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My best friend is a Cowboys' fan, so we go back and forth. Kellen Moore is horrible as an Offensive Coordinator. Sad thing for Cowboys fans is that McCarthy will probably take over soon.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Dalton's missing blitz pickups. I don't think his Receivers know how to recognize blitzes and to change their route based on the recognized blitz. This would drive Carson Palmer mad about Chad Johnson. The responsibility is on the Receivers. Brady has been frustrated by this in Tampa Bay. He never had this problem in New England.

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    My best friend is a Cowboys' fan, so we go back and forth. Kellen Moore is horrible as an Offensive Coordinator. Sad thing for Cowboys fans is that McCarthy will probably take over soon.
    I think Moore is a bit hard to get a read on. He designs a pretty good offense. Obviously some of it is the fact that the defense is so terrible, but Dallas's offense is pretty impressive overall. Even after last night they still lead the league in yards/gm and are in the top 10 in points. And Dak definitely took a step forward with Moore as OC. But then they go through periods where it seems like nothing is working. I think "horrible" is way too harsh, as it seems like he's very creative, and I like his aggressiveness. I do agree that he struggles as a play caller sometimes though, but I think that will get smoothed out as he gains experience. He's only 32, so I think it's reasonable to expect some growing pains.

Even if he is in fact horrible, he's still significantly better than whatever they're doing on defense. What a mess. I can't remember a division as terrible as the NFC East. I wonder what the line would be for all those teams against the Bengals. We'll find out in a couple weeks, but I'd imagine the Bengals will be favored against Washington and the Giants. It's probably a push with the Cowboys, and then the Eagles would probably be slightly favored as they've picked it up slightly, although the Bengals should have beaten them.

I still think Dallas can eek out 6-10 and win the division over the 5-10-1 Eagles.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 10-20-2020 at 10:07 AM.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I still think Dallas can eek out 6-10 and win the division over the 5-10-1 Eagles.
    We are on the precipice of the worst division winner ever.

20. Likes:

Chip R (10-21-2020),dubc47834 (10-26-2020)

Tua to get the start week 8 per Schefter
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Weird to bench Fitzpatrick now. Risky move for sure.

23. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Weird to bench Fitzpatrick now. Risky move for sure.
    I do not get it at all....the Dolphins are in 2nd place in their division, only trailing by a game. The team has been in every game it lost this year, and 2 of the 3 losses were against very good teams; a 3 point loss to the Bills and a 8 point loss to Seattle. I get Tua is the future, but I am not sure more learning by watching would hurt as long as Fitzpatrick is keeping the team competitive. Now they are going to throw Tua into the fire against Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey and a Top 5 defense.....good luck.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?