Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Apparently Tom Brady has a crush on Brown and Brady was able to overrule Arians, who months ago had said there was no room for Brown

I think Seattle may have been the only other semi-interested team.
    Russ and Geno really wanted him....he is close with Geno. Here is the issue I have with it as a Bucs fan.....Brady came to Tampa claiming it was because they had all these weapons.....All Pro receivers....good TE's and a young RB about the break out. He gets here, and immediately we have to add his former teammate and TE. Next, we have to go add another RB....and now he needs to bring in a WR. Honestly, it all feels a little disrespectful to me. I mean if you are Howard and Brate, how do you feel when your QB is claiming he needs another TE....if you are Ronald Jones and your QB is asking for Fournette...and now if you are Evans and Godwin.

There is some claims that Evans is getting double covered too often and they thing Brown on the other side will prevent that....also heard he may play some returner and even operate out of the backfield on 3rd downs.....have to wait and see.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-24-2020),Revering4Blue (10-24-2020),UKFlounder (10-25-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Russ and Geno really wanted him....he is close with Geno. Here is the issue I have with it as a Bucs fan.....Brady came to Tampa claiming it was because they had all these weapons.....All Pro receivers....good TE's and a young RB about the break out. He gets here, and immediately we have to add his former teammate and TE. Next, we have to go add another RB....and now he needs to bring in a WR. Honestly, it all feels a little disrespectful to me. I mean if you are Howard and Brate, how do you feel when your QB is claiming he needs another TE....if you are Ronald Jones and your QB is asking for Fournette...and now if you are Evans and Godwin.

There is some claims that Evans is getting double covered too often and they thing Brown on the other side will prevent that....also heard he may play some returner and even operate out of the backfield on 3rd downs.....have to wait and see.
    Could not agree more, and the players already there are far superior to the ones that were added.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Andy Dalton is quite bad at football.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Andy Dalton is quite bad at football.
    Dalton is wishing he was playing behind the Bengals' O-Line right now.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Wonder if the Dallas coach might be a one-and done?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    He should be fired tomorrow.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-25-2020)

That hit on Dalton would make Vontaze Burfict jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-26-2020)

This is when you know your team has quit...your QB gets laid out and none of your teammates goes after the guy who did it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mike-mc...204445033.html
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

"So Fla Red"

Record vs, other divisions

AFC North 12-3-1
    NFC East 2-16-1

"So Fla Red"

NFL Tankathon http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Bengals at #7

Jets clearly in pole position for Lawrence
    Jags looking good for Fields

NFC East awfulness may keep the three terrible teams out of the Lawrence/Fields/Sewell derby

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

As a Bengals fan and a Seahawks fan, it pleases me greatly to see playing cornerback for the Cardinals is none other than our old friend Dre Kirkpatrick.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Seahawks had goal to go. Wilson passes to the right, but doesn't see Budda Baker, who intercepts and starts running back a sure pick-6. However, D.K. Metcalf had something to say about that.

If you look away only one highlight, it must be this one: https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/st...208566784?s=19

Oh, and the Cardinals didn't score at all from that.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

17. Likes:

Chip R (10-26-2020)

Buc's pulled away to beat the Raiders 45-20 today. Brady had a big day throwing for 369 yards, 4 TD's and 0 INT's while also rushing for a TD. Still.....I do not get why the guy will not throw to Mike Evans!! Scotty Miller and Godwin get 9 targets....Gronk 8 targets, Fournette 7 targets.....and Mike Evans gets 2 targets! Evans has averaged 9.3 targets per game over the first 6 years of his career, and this year with Brady he is averaging 6.2 targets and only targeted 2 times in each of the last 2 games. The guy has averaged 140 targets per year over his first 6 years, and this year is on pace for less than 100 targets and that is before they incorporate Antonio Brown. I know it should not matter, but Brady was not throwing to the TE much early in the year, then once OJ Howard goes down, he can't throw enough to Gronk who is half the receiver Howard is at this point in his career.

Ask any long time Bucs fan, and they will tell you Lavonte David is the heartbeat of the Defense, and Evans is the heartbeat of the offense.....get him the dang ball.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    He never protected Rogers his entire time in Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    NFL Tankathon http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Bengals at #7

Jets clearly in pole position for Lawrence
    Jags looking good for Fields

NFC East awfulness may keep the three terrible teams out of the Lawrence/Fields/Sewell derby
    They have to play each other twice, so that helps.

Turn Off Ads?