Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Michael Gehlken
    @GehlkenNFL

Cowboys QB Andy Dalton attended this morning’s team meeting, but he hasn’t progressed enough in concussion protocol to attend position meetings. Won’t practice today. Mike McCarthy doesn’t expect him available until “end of the week at the earliest.” Onward with Ben DiNucci.
    8:41am · 28 Oct 2020
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Curtis Samuel would be a good guy for the Bengals to Target in FA this offseason. Has never been used especially well in Carolina, but he's one of the fastest guys in the league. I think he has more upside than he's been able to show so far. Would be a good complement to Higgins and Boyd as a guy who can take the top off a defense, like Ross was supposed to be. He'd be a mid-tier FA, so affordable for the Bengals and would allow them to go all in on OL and DL in the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes:

oregonred (10-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Wow, that is one of the most inspiring things I've seen on a football field in a long time. Thanks for sharing.
    Metcalf has Hall-of-Fame written all over him. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he's this year's Super Bowl MVP.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

"So Fla Red"

With the Falcons win last night the Bengals now sit at #6 in the way too early 2021 draft standings

The Miami owned Texans pick is #4

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post

The Miami owned Texans pick is #4
    The Texans will be reeling from last seasons GM incompetence for years to come.

Think about it. The Bengals are still reeling from whiffing on two offensive linemen 1st round picks. But Houston is now having to rebuild with no 1st round picks.

Eek is right.

Plus the annoying byproduct of giving Miami yet another top 5 pick.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-30-2020)

Looking at this Ravens-Steelers match-up. A vast majority pick the Ravens, primarily because of Jackson, and say the win probability for the Steelers is at 30%. I don't see it (lol). Both of these teams pride themselves on defense (pressure); but I'm giving that edge to the Steelers. Jackson is not having the year he had in '19. And still struggles with accuracy throwing the ball downfield. Pitt blitzes almost half the time this season. I see them putting pressure on Jackson, and limiting his rushing yards.

Last year, in his lone start vs the Steelers (minus Big Ben), Jackson was sacked 5x and threw 3 INTS in an OT win. He rushed for 70 yds, but last year Pitt's Run D allowed 110 yds/game. This year it's 69 yds/game.

It's also the fifth matchup in NFL history between a 6-0 team (or better) and the reigning league MVP. The unbeaten team won three of the previous four such meetings.

Big Ben, and this defense, is going to be the difference this year IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Looking at this Ravens-Steelers match-up. A vast majority pick the Ravens, primarily because of Jackson, and say the win probability for the Steelers is at 30%. I don't see it (lol). Both of these teams pride themselves on defense (pressure); but I'm giving that edge to the Steelers. Jackson is not having the year he had in '19. And still struggles with accuracy throwing the ball downfield. Pitt blitzes almost half the time this season. I see them putting pressure on Jackson, and limiting his rushing yards.

Last year, in his lone start vs the Steelers (minus Big Ben), Jackson was sacked 5x and threw 3 INTS in an OT win. He rushed for 70 yds, but last year Pitt's Run D allowed 110 yds/game. This year it's 69 yds/game.

It's also the fifth matchup in NFL history between a 6-0 team (or better) and the reigning league MVP. The unbeaten team won three of the previous four such meetings.

Big Ben, and this defense, is going to be the difference this year IMO.
    I would not touch that game as far as betting....but I may lean Ravens only because they are home? It feels like it could easily go either way.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

11. Likes:

GAC (11-01-2020)

going into the 4th Quarter, the Dolphins had 28 points on the scoreboard, and only 93 total offensive yards....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    going into the 4th Quarter, the Dolphins had 28 points on the scoreboard, and only 93 total offensive yards....
    That's a pretty good team. I think making Tua the starter is a mistake. I guess they're 100% playing for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    That's a pretty good team. I think making Tua the starter is a mistake. I guess they're 100% playing for next year.
    They truly wanted to see what they have in Tua. It seemed to them a good time to take a look at him. They'll probably go back to Fitzpatrick, but with the looks they've had of Tua, they can then go into next year's draft with more questions answered than they would have had if they would have only put him into games in garbage time.

Miami is loaded with more picks...so many, that if they made a mistake with Tua, they could draft another QB.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

This is an awful Sunday night game. Someone should probably check to be sure Wentz didnt bet on Dallas.

16. Likes:

adkindo (11-02-2020),Revering4Blue (11-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    This is an awful Sunday night game. Someone should probably check to be sure Wentz didnt bet on Dallas.
    Dallas' QB made sure they wouldn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They truly wanted to see what they have in Tua. It seemed to them a good time to take a look at him. They'll probably go back to Fitzpatrick, but with the looks they've had of Tua, they can then go into next year's draft with more questions answered than they would have had if they would have only put him into games in garbage time.

Miami is loaded with more picks...so many, that if they made a mistake with Tua, they could draft another QB.
    Unless Tua gets hurt, I don't think there is anyway they go back to Fitz. In fact if Dallas wanted him and gave me a 4th, I'd trade him.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Unless Tua gets hurt, I don't think there is anyway they go back to Fitz. In fact if Dallas wanted him and gave me a 4th, I'd trade him.
    MIA doesn't do anything like anyone else,...certainly not the last 18 months, anyway. They have been the most impressive franchise in the NFL, not something I thought I would be saying about the Dolphins for at least another 10 years.

They don't need a 4th Round pick. Not at all. They are loaded in picks. They had so many this year that there's a limit to how many new players they can add to the team. They do need to keep winning, if possible and to have a good QB behind Tua to keep things positive for the rest of the team for the rest of this season.

Jimmy G out indefinitely.....Kittles out 8 weeks with broken bone....and the 49'ers trade Kwon Alexander to the Saints. Appears the 49'ers are looking ahead to next season, while if Alexander can get and stay healthy, he could help the Saints.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?