Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Been hilarious, and a comedy of errors on both sides LOL
    NFL Football 2020.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

GAC (11-15-2020),Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    NFL Football 2020.
    For the most part, in my opinion, a team's record don't mean nothing this year.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

Not good for the Saints' player getting knocked out by a Niner.

Need to hope he's not paralyzed.

Player should be fined 500K for that hit. Blatant shot to the head on a defenseless player.

I'd fine him first. Then kick him out of the league as an example.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Whitworth getting the ultimate respect. Carted off to the lockerroom after an accidental hit from behind and his left leg buckled. Russell Wilson and another Seahawk come over from their sideline to pay their respects before he's carted off.

There are some classy people in the NFL. Russel Wilson and Andrew Whitworth are two of them. Anyone related to Mike Brown and his ways of doing things is classless.

8. Likes:

Chip R (11-16-2020)

At least we have the answer to who the Saints would turn to for every down QB snaps if Brees cannot go....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-15-2020),Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Kyler Murray to DeAndre Hopkins is going to be on highlight films 50 years from now.

See this link for video: https://twitter.com/Aestrada_10/stat...656406533?s=09
    Last edited by WrongVerb; 11-15-2020 at 07:39 PM.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

Chip R (11-16-2020),Kingspoint (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Kyler Murray to DeAndre Hopkins is going to be on highlight films 50 years from now.
    I was already getting blown out in FFB, but my QB is Murray (yes, I have the most points in the league), so I've been rooting for him all year. Could not believe what I saw.

14. Likes:

WrongVerb (11-15-2020)

98-yard TD run takes second best play of the day. Amazing!

Bettors ain't too happy with Brown's Chubb for running out of bounds, not making point spread. Suck it up buttercups! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

17. Likes:

Chip R (11-16-2020),Kingspoint (11-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    For the most part, in my opinion, a team's record don't mean nothing this year.
    Tell that to the NFC East.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

"So Fla Red"

That Dolphins/Texans trade for the first two picks in 2021 and first last year is looking more horrendous by the week

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

‘Fire Jimmy Garoppolo’ bluster is expected from 49ers fans, but it’s wrong

Everyone wants a new, mobile young quarterback. Everyone wants Patrick Mahomes or Kyler Murray. They used to want Lamar Jackson — that was a whole year ago — but the reigning MVP is having a more difficult season than he did last year, so he isn’t mentioned as often in the ongoing “Why can’t the 49ers get … ?” game.

If the 49ers were to move on from Garoppolo they would have to be certain they were upgrading. What would that look like?
    Unless you think the 49ers are going to find some way to land Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, it seems unlikely that there will be a turn-key quarterback who can step right into the starting role as a rookie. This season has proved that can happen: Joe Burrow with the Bengals, Justin Herbert with the Chargers and Tua Tagovailoa in Miami have been difference makers. But Shanahan’s famously complex offense is challenging. Also, next spring’s draft seems likely to be difficult in terms of evaluation: pandemic interruptions of college games, diminished scouting opportunities, and erratic training for players all will mess with the process. Still, the 49ers should definitely draft a quarterback to groom behind Garoppolo.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Tell that to the NFC East.
    Yeah, but I was referring more to that Sunday's opposition, their record, and win probability. The fact, at this point in the season, that a team has only won 2 or 3 games means little from what I'm seeing. Who would have thunk the 1 win Bengals would man-handle the Titans? Plenty of other examples to sight.

I see the Lamar Jackson orgy has died down in here.

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I see the Lamar Jackson orgy has died down in here.
    It's the same question-mark with him - his accuracy throwing the ball downfield. And teams are learning/adapting their defenses to these option QBs who have been in the league for years (lol). It's catching up to them.

Turn Off Ads?