Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    It's the same question-mark with him - his accuracy throwing the ball downfield. And teams are learning/adapting their defenses to these option QBs who have been in the league for years (lol). It's catching up to them.
    Fast, mobile, QBs have been around the league for 50 years. But they have never operated with the impunity they have now. Jackson would be a pancake already if it was 1988.

The Ravens will adjust. As long as QBs still have a protective bubble around him, he should be fine. Until he takes a cheap shot. When do they play the Steelers next?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

One thing I've heard about the Ravens/LJack is Greg Roman's offenses are typically high octane at first but then become predictable with enough tape. Even Jackson has stated this season it feels like the defenses know what plays the offense is going to run. Roman has a history of really hot starts with other mobile QBs with Kaepernick in SF and Tyrod in Buffalo before cooling off considerably. He was only in Buffalo 2 years but Taylor was much better in year one than year two.

I'm not surprised Jackson and that offense has experienced some regression, but the amount so far has been a lot more than I would've expected.

4. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-18-2020),GAC (11-19-2020),Kingspoint (11-18-2020),Revering4Blue (11-18-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Giants fire offensive line coach Marc Colombo

The Giants are shaking up their coaching staff in the middle of the season.

Giants head coach Joe Judge has fired offensive line coach Marc Colombo and hired Dave DeGuglielmo to replace him, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports.
    Jason McIntyre
    @jasonrmcintyre

SCOOP: I'm told NY Giants coaches Joe Judge and Marc Colombo got into a fistfight this morning.

Punches thrown. I'm told Colombo got the better of him, and Judge fired him instantly.
    ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Giants fire offensive line coach Marc Colombo wp.me/pbBqYq-bIYP
    9:32am · 18 Nov 2020
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-18-2020)

Wow

I guess beating up your boss is not good for job security

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Wow

I guess beating up your boss is not good for job security
    So, you may as well win the fight.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

9. Likes:

UKFlounder (11-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Fast, mobile, QBs have been around the league for 50 years. But they have never operated with the impunity they have now. Jackson would be a pancake already if it was 1988.
    QBs today are more protected by rules then they were back in the 60s-70s. Look at all the solid QBs back then that had their careers cut short because of injury and taking a beating. And for the most part, these weren't option QBs, like today. They left the pocket only when they had to ... they scrambled, ran for their lives, only when they had to. They passed the ball or handed it off to the RB (lol).

QBs today, like Newton, Jackson, etc, are putting themselves out their, like a RB, to weekly take a beating. Look at Newton now?

I'll take a Burrows-style, primarily a pocket style QB, over a Jackson every day of the week. Yeah, Burrows is athletic and can run. He's shown that. But watching him fall back and operate in that pocket is something to watch IMO. Quick mind, quick reads and decision-making process. Yeah, Joe is kinda getting beat up his rookie season, but primarily because he, yet, doesn't have that "protective bubble" you mention the Ravens have, not because he's purposely throwing his body out there every week.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-19-2020 at 04:27 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

11. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-19-2020)

I think the Ravens tried to change things up a bit to protect Jackson this regular season and didn't let him do some of the things that made him the MVP last season. Probably a smart move for his longevity as long as they keep winning enough to make the playoffs. They are starting to free him up some (his running attempts/game are back up), and they can let him run wild in the postseason. Jackson was way underrated as a passer for some reason coming into the league (he's more than competent there and even with his numbers down he's still thrown 14 TDs vs. 5 picks), but he's obviously not an elite, superstar level player unless he's running the football pretty regularly, too.

13. Likes:

GAC (11-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, you may as well win the fight.
    yeah, no need to hold back once the first punch was thrown....How big is Judge? Colombo is a big man.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Yeah, I think the offensive line coach is the last guy you want to get in a fight with. Those guys are generally huge, and typically a bit crazy.

Kirkpatrick just cost the Cardinals a fourth down stop. Now Seattle scores a TD.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

That was a fantastic drive, blatant intentional grounding then holding in the end zone for a safety.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Kirkpatrick just cost the Cardinals a fourth down stop. Now Seattle scores a TD.
    Cedric Ogbuehi also came in for Seattle due to an injury and I don't think has blocked anyone yet.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

And now Carlos Dunlap ends the game with a sack. Former Bengals all over this one.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    And now Carlos Dunlap ends the game with a sack. Former Bengals all over this one.
    And Dunlap won the game all by himself after he injured Murray's throwing shoulder early in the game. Murray was unable to run the rest of the game for fear of getting tackled and injuring the shoulder further. He was also inaccurate badly because of the shoulder the rest of the game. Arizona would have scored 17 more points otherwise.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

CBS Sports HQ
    @CBSSportsHQ

Most Wins First 9 Seasons of their Career in NFL History:

Russell Wilson 93
    Peyton Manning 92
    Tom Brady 87
    Ben Roethlisberger 87
    Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks, NC State Football, Wisconsin Football, Field Gulls, Dave “Softy” Mahler, Pete Carroll, Bob Condotta, 710 ESPN Seattle and Mike Salk, 710 ESPN
    10:00am · 20 Nov 2020

Turn Off Ads?