Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Lamar Jackson tests positive, out for Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    HEY! A Lamar Jackson post in the Tavern!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    You know what I'm talking about. Lol
    When I saw your post I was in the garage with tbe outdoor cat on my lap listening to the game on the radio and texting with my best friend who was lamenting how crappy Mike McCarthy is at play-calling (he's a Cowboys fan). Had to copy your post and send it to him.

He posts back, "...and he's done it before this season."

The radio announcers were hammering on about the non-sensical play-calling of McCarthy.

...and people wonder why Rodgers couldn't get rid of him soon enough. Rodgers would have three Super Bowls or more and Brady three or less if McCarthy hadn't been Rodgers' Coach. He rode the coattails of Favre and Rodgers to everything he's been given credit for in the NFL. He's earned none of it himself.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 11-27-2020 at 01:24 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I'm beginning to wonder if this game gets played Sunday with a least a dozen Raven players, including your MVP QB, testing positive this past week. I certainly can see the Ravens wanting it if Jackson is out and huge play-off implications involved. At least postponed. If not, RGIII will be the starting QB for the next two games. I didn't even know he was still playing (lol). I thought his stint in Cleveland put the nail in that coffin.

Two bad knees vs Pitt's defensive front?
    Last edited by GAC; 11-27-2020 at 05:55 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My WFT swept the Cowboys this year by a combined score of 66-19. Today, I give thanks to Mike McCarthy for his generosity.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

7. Likes:

GAC (11-28-2020),UKFlounder (11-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    My WFT swept the Cowboys this year by a combined score of 66-19. Today, I give thanks to Mike McCarthy for his generosity.
    after that fake punt mess on 4th and 9, I almost wondered if McCarthy is trying to get fired....or improve their draft pick.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said Tom Brady might be getting confused by coverages, resulting in interceptions. Brady threw two picks against the Rams on Monday night, including a back breaker on Tampa's final drive. Arians has been less than subtle in his criticism of Brady this year. When asked about Brady's final interception against LA, Arians said, "Best to talk to him about it, I guess." Saying Brady is being confused by opposing defenses is quite the statement, though perhaps not unwarranted.

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

The mic is open.
    Brady's been around for 20 years and won several Super Bowls and came up short in a couple and now he's getting confused by coverages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    after that fake punt mess on 4th and 9, I almost wondered if McCarthy is trying to get fired....or improve their draft pick.
    I know the final score looked like a blowout, but if not for that fake punt and McLaurin running down Jaylon Smith after the INT, it could’ve been a very different game. Two huge plays that swung the momentum in WFT’s favor.

"I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if this game gets played Sunday with a least a dozen Raven players, including your MVP QB, testing positive this past week. I certainly can see the Ravens wanting it if Jackson is out and huge play-off implications involved. At least postponed. If not, RGIII will be the starting QB for the next two games. I didn't even know he was still playing (lol). I thought his stint in Cleveland put the nail in that coffin.

Two bad knees vs Pitt's defensive front?
    Moved to Tuesday night.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

12. Likes:

GAC (11-28-2020)

So Lamar tests + on the day the Ravens were meant to play Steelers. Wonder if the Steelers players are still crying like little *****es about the NFL moving their game instead of exposing them to COVID?

14. Likes:

GAC (11-28-2020)

COVID starting to hit the Steelers. Stephon Tuitt announced yesterday and James Conner (a cancer survivor) today.

Detroit cleans house...Patricia and Quinn fired
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

COVID starting to hit the Steelers. Stephon Tuitt announced yesterday and James Conner (a cancer survivor) today.
    James Connner, a really really humble guy, he hates talking about his past troubles, he just wants to play football, so every time he gets the ball, we’re gonna talk about his past troubles and his illness. It’s super weird from announcers.

18. Likes:

GAC (11-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Detroit cleans house...Patricia and Quinn fired
    I’m calling it, Harbaugh to the Lions.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-29-2020)

All three remaining Broncos QB's sent home today by the NFL after they viewed film and deemed them to close of contact to COVID recipient Jeff Driskel.

So DEN plays tomorrow's game without a QB?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?