Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

ok, so Romo's sole purpose today is to make excuses for Brady and place blame on everyone else? I never have got why this guy is considered by so many one of the best analyst in the booth.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

You have to understand NFL officiating has always been designed to hurt the Jags. The Jags winning now really messes up their chances of getting Trevor Lawrence, so officials are helping them.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Seems legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-29-2020)

Jaguars fire Dave Caldwell.

Know there’s some Jaguars fans on here who I’m sure are very happy with this news.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    ok, so Romo's sole purpose today is to make excuses for Brady and place blame on everyone else? I never have got why this guy is considered by so many one of the best analyst in the booth.
    Because (nearly) everything he says is 100% accurate. I can look past his attempt to temper the worldly view that Brady has a weak arm now, being a fellow QB HOFer. Nobody's perfect, but Aikman nearly is as an announcer. He let his emotions and fondness of a player interfere with his usual flawless unbiased reporting and coverage.

There's never been anyone better in the history of NFL television broadcasting.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Because (nearly) everything he says is 100% accurate. I can look past his attempt to temper the worldly view that Brady has a weak arm now, being a fellow QB HOFer. Nobody's perfect, but Aikman nearly is as an announcer. He let his emotions and fondness of a player interfere with his usual flawless unbiased reporting and coverage.

Curious - was the segue to Aikman intentional or a mistype?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

my god, what are you even talking about?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Curious - was the segue to Aikman intentional or a mistype?
    Both. Though I heard Romo's lovefest with Brady that he was talking about, I didn't watch the whole game and was busy doing a million other things. When you've been watching the Cowboys for as long as I have all of the QB's go into one databank and one can be easily replaced with another.

While I really enjoy Romo's play-calling, I was talking about Aikman. He's the best I've ever heard doing it and this goes all the way back to the '60's. He's polished as a broadcaster. Romo is not. When listening to Romo it's like hearing a guy at the barstool talk about the game who has a ton of knowledge, but it's still a guy who is on his 6th beer of the day. While many others have been as polished as Aikman, none have had his intelligence about the game or done the amount of studying that he does about the game. It's obvious that Aikman still spends 40 hours a week at the minimum just studying the NFL, in addition to the work he puts in professionally as a broadcast journalist.

I'm glad it was Romo and not Aikman as I couldn't see Aikman doing that. He surely knows that Brady's arm is weak and wouldn't say the things that Romo was saying (and right after one of his praises of Brady, Tom Brady misses a Receiver by 10 yards downfield). He hit a few later in the game, but that was all garbage time. Doesn't mean the same.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 11-30-2020 at 01:47 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I'm about as sick of seeing Romo's mug as I have been with Peyton's. Enough! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I think Romo and Nance are a better combo, although Aikman is far superior to Nance (and Romo) as a broadcaster.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Yep. Did it for the Pitt-Raven game how many times now?
    Different scenario!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Guess who's getting fired tomorrow morning?

Philly's Coach for playing Jake Luton only two plays, one play on two different series, and having him hand the ball off. Clearly, it was "suggested" that he play him. This response was insubordination and something you always get fired for same day, if not the next.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Different scenario!
    Let's just move the entire NFL season around to suit the Steelers.

I find it amusing that the national media is just now calling out Arians for blaming everything on Brady or other players....as if this is new. The media did not seem to have an issue when he constantly refused any accountability last season and used Winston as a scapegoat. I recall a couple articles would point out that Winston's interceptions were not that out of line with the rest of the league when you took into account how many deep balls he was asked to throw compared to the rest of the league....but most of the media just carried the water for Arians because he was "cool" and Winston was easy to dislike. I am not suggesting Winston did not deserve a decent portion of the blame for his mistakes, only that Brady is not the first QB that Arians has used as a shield against criticism.

For the record, I could not stand Koetter...and if I am being honest have not really embraced a Bucs coach since Gruden. Still, I began to notice that Arians has a massive ego issue last season. I am not sure if this has always been the deal with Arians, or if it just began when he returned to the NFL with the Bucs....but it is kind of a sad look.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I find it amusing that the national media is just now calling out Arians for blaming everything on Brady or other players....as if this is new. The media did not seem to have an issue when he constantly refused any accountability last season and used Winston as a scapegoat. I recall a couple articles would point out that Winston's interceptions were not that out of line with the rest of the league when you took into account how many deep balls he was asked to throw compared to the rest of the league....but most of the media just carried the water for Arians because he was "cool" and Winston was easy to dislike. I am not suggesting Winston did not deserve a decent portion of the blame for his mistakes, only that Brady is not the first QB that Arians has used as a shield against criticism.

For the record, I could not stand Koetter...and if I am being honest have not really embraced a Bucs coach since Gruden. Still, I began to notice that Arians has a massive ego issue last season. I am not sure if this has always been the deal with Arians, or if it just began when he returned to the NFL with the Bucs....but it is kind of a sad look.
    He put great Defenses together in Pittsburgh, and especially, Arizona. His Offenses were horrendous, though Carson Palmer could have been decent there had Arians paid any attention whatsoever to the Offensive Line. He's clueless on Offense, but superb on Defense.

Turn Off Ads?