Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Crazy thing is, the NFL isn't suspending anyone for weed anymore.
    If I am Ricky Williams, I am slightly angry about this.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

Chip R (12-23-2020),WVRed (12-23-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    If I am Ricky Williams, I am slightly angry about this.
    Rickey is pretty mellow right now.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Crazy thing is, the NFL isn't suspending anyone for weed anymore.
    True. But his violation (suspension) was dual ... marijuana and performance-enhancing drugs. This would be his sixth offense, and for whatever reason(s) the NFL has put him on the suspension list.

I like that new CBA on marijuana/drugs .... we won't suspend you, we'll just progressively fine (tax) you as each offense occurs. And after the fourth offense you just have to enter the NFL's "counseling" program.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Tampa Bay locking a Wild Card playoff spot with a 1st Half offensive explosion. Brady is 22 of 27 for 348 yards and 4 TDS....a TD pass to Gronk, Evans, Godwin and Antonio Brown. Fournette adding a score on the ground.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Browns going to play the Jets without wide receivers apparently.

To expand Landry, Higgins, Hodge and Peoples-Jones are all on the covid list and can’t play. Marvin Hall and 2 practice squad guys will be it for the Browns.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRed27; 12-26-2020 at 06:13 PM.

That Dolphins/Raiders game was insane the last 4 minutes. I still can't believe Fitzpatrick hasn't been playing for the Dolphins all season.

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    That Dolphins/Raiders game was insane the last 4 minutes. I still can't believe Fitzpatrick hasn't been playing for the Dolphins all season.
    Love it when Fitzmagic is rolling...

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

12. Likes:

oregonred (12-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    And, instantly sent back to the bench for Week 17 by the Head Coach after the game.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eturn-coaching

I can’t see it and even if he did I see him being more like Steve Spurrier than Pete Carroll or Jimmy Johnson but picturing him coaching Trevor Lawrence would be something.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

"So Fla Red"

I never thought Urban would be an NFL fit but the Jags opportunity with TL, smaller market, nice weather and all their extra picks and cap space could be the perfect fit if he was interested.

Jags fan here. And Buckeye fan. I have mixed emotions. I wonder how much of Urban's success is simply based on having superior talent over the years based on recruiting? Is he really a great coach or is just better talent? I don't really know.

I wonder sometimes whether he might be more comfortable in the old Tom Coughlin role, where he oversees Football operations. But isn't the coach. Although TC had total control. I'd prefer the method where he turns control over to the GM until he decides a change of GM needs to be made.

I don't think Jags are headed in that direction, however.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Are the Raiders really paying Gruden 10 mil a season...for basically a .500 ball club. The Raiders play calling was awful last night.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Jags fan here. And Buckeye fan. I have mixed emotions. I wonder how much of Urban's success is simply based on having superior talent over the years based on recruiting? Is he really a great coach or is just better talent? I don't really know.

I wonder sometimes whether he might be more comfortable in the old Tom Coughlin role, where he oversees Football operations. But isn't the coach. Although TC had total control. I'd prefer the method where he turns control over to the GM until he decides a change of GM needs to be made.

not sure, but I have heard a lot of voices claim Ryan Day is a much better game day coach that Urban ever was...
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

It’s kinda like the Dabo rumors.

I don’t think Dabo is all that great of a coach. He’s a tremendous recruiter but he has a hell of a staff that he has worked to keep intact. Take the staff away and have turnover like Saban has or Meyer had and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Omg the browns are going to miss the playoffs
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?