Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

I thought it would be good for Jags to snag Haskins. That was before they got Foles in FA. Seems like eons ago. Shows you why they scout guys for maturity ,etc. In retrospect that 2019 QB class seems pretty mediocre. Only Murray seems to be more than average at this point.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Up your troll game my friend. What you said is true and shouldn’t strike a nerve with Buckeye fans.
    well, it is not like I can point to the many WVU QB's littering the league. We have 2 in the league, and they are both QB2's.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I was actually talking to some buddies about this recently. It’s obviously weird that Ohio State hasn’t had a successful NFL QB in a long time, but you would think more schools would have more of a NFL pipeline and it’s not really a thing. Oklahoma is probably the best, but it’s slightly weird that almost all their guys transferred in. USC had a strong run for a bit, but it’s been a while (although Matt Barkley did just check into this Buffalo game). Clemson is about to likely have 2 great ones. Alabama doesn’t really have anyone, maybe Tua gets there but he’s a long ways away. I just mostly find it interesting how spread out the NFL QB talent is in general.
    Yeah, it's not like one particular school or conference is consistently pumping out successful NFL QBs. But that's the problem IMO .... even though some will disagree with me, there is still a huge difference in the two levels of play betwen college and pros. Yes, it is closing, but the void is still there.

Ohio State, like other "elite" P5 programs, has a huge advantage in drawing that talent and developing some of the best college QBs in the land. Just like an Alabama, Clemson, whoever. Ohio State, from Troy Smith to Justin Fields, has developed some great college QBs; but there always seems to be something "lacking" in their game that hinders them when they get to the NFL. Look at JT Barrett who broke all of Drew Breese' B10 offensive records, as well as other college awards he won. Yet he couldn't consistently/successfully throw the ball downfield, Clemson stacked the line, and we all saw what happened. He then goes undrafted.

Every year we have this debate, and ESPN throws out who the best QBs are in competition for the Heisman, and who will most likely succeed in the NFL. And they play the hype up to the max.

But I will say this too .... a majority of these top-ranked college QBs go where? To the crappiest teams in the NFL with lots of issues, and they throw these kid's feet to the fire right away anymore.

Sometimes, it takes the NFL to "expose" them.

Ohio State seems to have better luck with RBs and the LBer positions (lol).
    Last edited by GAC; 01-01-2021 at 05:01 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

After the overreaction from the Northwestern game, Fields is looking a bit better at #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-01-2021)

"So Fla Red"

Jets have to consider Fields at 2. We (Bengals) need a Texans miracle vs Tennessee tomorrow to get ahead of Miami

"So Fla Red"

Fields is the best QB in OSU history and it isn't even close. This was only game 21 for Fields as a starting QB

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

- DeVonta Smith might have passed Ja'Marr Chase as WR1
    - Najee Harris will be one of the biggest steals of the 1st round probably
    - Mac Jones to Indy??
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    - Mac Jones to Indy??
    I’m calling it, Najee Harris to the Steelers.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I've seen him mocked there in a few drafts, but that seems way too low. Dude's been bulldozing people all year, a la Derrick Henry. I could see Arizona at the earliest. The Dolphins/Jets would be stupid to pass on him with their 2nd 1st round picks.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

- Mac Jones to Indy??
    I wouldn't mind the Steelers taking Harris. Yeah, he's really good, but it's rare that it's worth it to take a RB in the first round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen him mocked there in a few drafts, but that seems way too low. Dude's been bulldozing people all year, a la Derrick Henry. I could see Arizona at the earliest. The Dolphins/Jets would be stupid to pass on him with their 2nd 1st round picks.
    None of the mocks I’ve seen have him listed as a first rounder.

RB isn’t the premium position it used to be. You can get value as early as the second round (Mixon, Chubb, Dobbins alone in the AFC North)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Sure, but there's usually at least 2 that go in the 1st. Harris should be a lock, Etienne maybe. After that, the RB class kind of falls off, although I really like the two UNC backs, who will probably go rounds 3ish.

I think I saw Trey Sermon ranked #285 as prospect. Holy cow he's got to go higher than that.

Carson Wentz is a healthy scratch for Philadelphia. Schefter reports that Pederson is coming back and that Wentz will request a trade in off-season. I don't know who they can dump that contract on and how much of a cap hit Philly will take.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Carson Wentz is a healthy scratch for Philadelphia. Schefter reports that Pederson is coming back and that Wentz will request a trade in off-season. I don't know who they can dump that contract on and how much of a cap hit Philly will take.
    The fall of Wentz has been a sight to behold.

His old pal Reich is in Indy...it makes too much sense. (So long as his knee isn’t totally shot.)

Turn Off Ads?