Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    not a Big Ben fan, but if he retires.....terrible game to go out on
    Any chance Tomlin would get out ahead of a rebuild if Ben retires?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    LOL They'll have to head to Baltimore first and then KC. So, IF they make it to the Super Bowl they'll have to earn it the hard way.
    Nah, they play KC next weekend. Ravens play the Bills.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Sometimes interesting things can be found on Wikipedia:

Michael Pettaway Tomlin (born March 15, 1972) is an American football coach who is probably the greatest waster of talent in the history of the NFL. He has had a Hall of Fame QB for over a decade and has only won one Super Bowl with him on a team he didn't even have to create. The standard is the standard. Pathetic.
    Lol

edit: someone just fixed it
    Last edited by redsfandan; 01-10-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Roetisberger just had a look on his face like he’s going to retire. Just looked spent.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

So 75% of the teams in the AFC semis have QBs from the first round of the 2018 draft. Pretty good. On the other hand, the NFC has three old vets...and John Wolford?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Roetisberger just had a look on his face like he’s going to retire. Just looked spent.
    Agree. That looks like a dude that is done.

Nah, they play KC next weekend. Ravens play the Bills.
    My mistake. I hope the Browns are 100% next Sunday. Injuries and Covid made their season a little tougher.

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    My mistake. I hope the Browns are 100% next Sunday. Injuries and Covid made their season a little tougher.
    I hope Mahomes, Kelce and Hill have been hanging out in large crowds of unmasked strangers this week.

I expect offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner to be a casualty of the Steelers' late season collapse. He's Ben's guy, so that might just motivate him to hang it up. I'd actually be ok with that and use the 19M (of 41M) saved to kick the tires on a Carson Wentz (1st choice) or Sam Darnold (2nd choice) trade.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I expect offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner to be a casualty of the Steelers' late season collapse. He's Ben's guy, so that might just motivate him to hang it up. I'd actually be ok with that and use the 19M (of 41M) saved to kick the tires on a Carson Wentz (1st choice) or Sam Darnold (2nd choice) trade.
    I would rather go with Taylor Heinicke
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I am still in utter shock over that Browns-Steelers game last night. I never say never, but c'mon! This team was the most depleted then at any other time in the season - and at a really bad (critical) time - PLUS traveling to Pittsburgh where we all know the history. No, I didn't have a good feeling, and felt the odds were stacked against us. Along with missing coaching staff and other key players, I felt the loss of All-Pro Guard Bitonio, the rock of that O-line that protects Baker vs a Steeler defensive front, was going to make it a long night.

That was nothing more then one gutsy, grit-filled, will not be denied, effort. I'm quite impressed.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-11-2021 at 04:11 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I have some friends who are Steeler fans who were calling for Tomlins head last night. I can’t imagine him being the casualty given the Steelers have had three coaches since 1969.

Whether Ben returns or not they need to upgrade at RB. If Najee Harris or Travis Etienne are on the board when the Steelers pick they need to go back to ground and pound.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

15. Likes:

Chip R (01-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I do not know...never really heard anything about his thoughts on a rebuild. It would be a heck of a legacy item if he could go through a rebuild and get them back to being contenders.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    not a Big Ben fan, but if he retires.....terrible game to go out on
    Can’t be worse than Dan Marino.

I hate the Steelers but overall fatigue caught up to this team. They had to take their bye in week 3 due to Covid and toward Thanksgiving played three games in like 11 days or something. That was when the wheels fell off but they were an overrated 11-0 before then anyways.

Roethlisberger could go either way. I see him being this generations Brett Favre. Will he or won’t he will be the talk on every sport outlet over the next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Teams like the Steelers don't rebuild. Nor do they blame injuries. Those are things that loser franchises do.

When was the last time the St. Louis Cardinals had a "rebuilding" season?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

19. Likes:

GAC (01-12-2021),redhawkfish (01-11-2021)

Turn Off Ads?