Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    I can’t believe people put faith in Ravens. Lamar is a bottle merchant. They are not winning anything with him there. Burrow will be the best QB in this division next year.
    Maybe, but Baker was quite good this year and was excellent the 2nd half of the year after Beckham got hurt. Don’t sleep on Mayfield.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

Chip R (01-18-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Maybe, but Baker was quite good this year and was excellent the 2nd half of the year after Beckham got hurt. Don’t sleep on Mayfield.
    Yeah, also, for Burrow to be the best, it will require a passable OL, which is a fairly tall ask I’d say.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 01-16-2021 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah, also, for Burrow to be the best, it will require a passable OL, which is a fairy tall ask I’d say.
    It’s also assuming Burrow is 100% next year. That injury looked quite bad.

Yeah, also, for Burrow to be the best, it will require a passable OL, which is a fairly tall ask I’d say.
    If the Browns can rebuild one of the worst O-lines into one of the best since last season - there's hope for Cincy. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Jackson is a helluva talent, no denying. But again, the weakness in his game proves their downfall. It's not that he can't successfully throw downfield, he doesn't show the consistency that is needed. And it is not his strength.

Today's game is so much different, from college to the NFL. Athletic, dual-threat QBs behind an offense scheme that is geared towards play action, 4 WR sets, throwing under coverage with screeens and crossing patterns, and then counting on one's athletic ability do the rest.

I just think defensive schemes, while behind, are starting to adapt. It's only a natural evolution of the game. Leaner, faster LB'ing corp that can exert pressure, solid pass rush, while also sealing the perimeters. The Bills demonstrated that yesterday. Jackson had 34 yds yesterday on 9 carries. Not good. His strength is his feet. He rushed for over 1,000 yds (9th NFL), but when it came to his passing game - yardage (22nd) and passing efficiency (27th). His running game opens up his passing game.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-17-2021 at 03:47 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

Todd Gack (01-17-2021)

The 2020 NFL Season

If Cleveland showed anything, an offensive line can be revamped in an entire offseason.

Edit: GAC beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

10. Likes:

GAC (01-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I just think defensive schemes, while behind, are starting to adapt. It's only a natural evolution of the game. Leaner, faster LB'ing corp that can exert pressure, solid pass rush, while also sealing the perimeters. The Bills demonstrated that yesterday. Jackson had 34 yds yesterday on 9 carries. Not good. His strength is his feet. He rushed for over 1,000 yds (9th NFL), but when it came to his passing game - yardage (22nd) and passing efficiency (27th). His running game opens up his passing game.

SD adapted in Jackson's first playoff game. They put safeties in at LB most of the game. It's really not hard to understand.

I need to find the multiple posts I made in 2019 when I said if he didn't win in his first or second year, he was never going to win. Defenses will adjust accordingly. Just look at Kaepernick's career.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If Cleveland showed anything, an offensive line can be revamped in an entire offseason.

But the Brown's GM did it by both the draft (Wills) and the FA market (Conklin) to complement Tretter and Bitonio. If they really do their homework and focus on the O-line (Tackle), then their first two picks should be O-linemen IMO. That is unless you're going to get aggressive in the market. And from there they need to address their defensive line.

Read an article where the writer said "Either the Cincinnati Bengals fix up their lines or repent down the road".

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-most-im...Jack%20Conklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Be real easy to become a Bills' fan.

They dethrone (and it looks like it might be for a decade) the Patriots.

They are dominating Defensively the Ravens.

Like hearing the Leslie Frazier kudos from Collinsworth.
    Just don’t set yourself on fire jumping onto a folding table.

Seriously, look this up, Bills Mafia is crazy. Passionate as hell (still remember Andy Dalton and them sending wings to the Bengals) but still crazy.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

No one disputes it’s possible. But Cleveland also threw money and picks at their line for years (and the line had one of the best LT ever) and it rarely paid off. It’s not easy.

15. Likes:

GAC (01-17-2021)

No one disputes it’s possible. But Cleveland also threw money and picks at their line for years (and the line had one of the best LT ever) and it rarely paid off. It’s not easy.
    The Bengals did it six years ago (Ced and Fisher) and IMO that’s part of the reason they are where they are right now.

That’s one reason I’m apprehensive of investing the first two picks there. That said Sewell is the best of anyone the Bengals would have drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    SD adapted in Jackson's first playoff game. They put safeties in at LB most of the game. It's really not hard to understand.

I need to find the multiple posts I made in 2019 when I said if he didn't win in his first or second year, he was never going to win. Defenses will adjust accordingly. Just look at Kaepernick's career.
    I was originally a Lamar skeptic, finally bought in at the end of last year, and am now somewhere in between. There are definitely shortcomings that good teams can exploit. But he is also playing in an offense without much receiving talent and with very simple routes. Steve Smith last night was very critical of Greg Roman because he said the passing concepts are way too easy to defend. Outside of Hollywood Brown, who has drops issues, they don't have a receiving threat.

Lamar is only 24. He's younger than Burrow. So it's not unreasonable to think he can still get better. I don't know whether some of his passing flaws can be fixed, but I think we need to see him with real receivers, and possibly an updated offense, before knowing for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I was originally a Lamar skeptic, finally bought in at the end of last year, and am now somewhere in between. There are definitely shortcomings that good teams can exploit. But he is also playing in an offense without much receiving talent and with very simple routes. Steve Smith last night was very critical of Greg Roman because he said the passing concepts are way too easy to defend. Outside of Hollywood Brown, who has drops issues, they don't have a receiving threat.

Lamar is only 24. He's younger than Burrow. So it's not unreasonable to think he can still get better. I don't know whether some of his passing flaws can be fixed, but I think we need to see him with real receivers, and possibly an updated offense, before knowing for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why do you think that is?

Blatant helmet to helmet on the goaline.

Browns just got screwed by the refs on that fumble through the end zone.

How about the fact he led with his helmet and it was a helmet-to-helmet hit?? How can you miss that? B********!

Should have been first down a goal for the Browns

21. Likes:

redhawkfish (01-17-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-17-2021),Todd Gack (01-17-2021)

Turn Off Ads?