Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilder-Fury Part II

Wilder-Fury Part II

Saturday (February 22, 2020)

Who do you have winning?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wilder-Fury Part II

I got Wilder. He's going to catch Fury, more than once if necessary. Also sounds like Fury might try to prove he can trade with Wilder. He can't.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I got Wilder. He's going to catch Fury, more than once if necessary. Also sounds like Fury might try to prove he can trade with Wilder. He can't.
    IDK, I thought Fury outboxed Wilder pretty easily in their last bout. He also survived Wilder's right hand, at full force, a number of times. It was a great fight, but Fury should have won that one unanimously.

Anyways, it will be Fury by UD or Wilder by KO. I'd be mildly surprised if Fury KO'd wilder. Then (as much as people hate this idea) I would love to see a crossover Boxing/MMA fight from one of the two.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 02-21-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Starting tonight there's a lot of good fights happening if you are into both MMA and boxing. I can't wait. I'm expecting Wilder by KO. Fury can outbox him - as we all saw in the first match up. But between that scare tissue over his eye now, and what I think (and is noted above by M2) is Fury thinking he can get a bit more brave in there - he's going to make a mistake and it's going to cost him.

Oops, forgot to add my prediction: Wilder, KO in the 8th.

I don’t think Fury will change his style, I think it’s just a bit of mind games. I’m finding it impossible to call because if you’re backing Wilder you are predicting purely that he will land that big shot. It’s risky. Impossible to call. Fury on points is probably the safe call.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    IDK, I thought Fury outboxed Wilder pretty easily in their last bout. He also survived Wilder's right hand, at full force, a number of times. It was a great fight, but Fury should have won that one unanimously.
    I read something once about how getting starched like that sets you up for future knockouts. It's basically your brain defending you from punishment. Everything shuts down. Once you create the pathway, your brain is more likely to take it. "Oh, we don't like this. Good night." Also, Wilder's seen Fury's weird, jerky style for 12 rounds already. He's going to find a home for that right more often this time.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

going to go with the Gypsy King in a judges decision....

It is time....

Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson all in the ring together!

The Gypsy King comes out on a throne that is supposed to appear like it is being carried by 4 females to the Patsy Cline song "Crazy"

The only entry I have seen that was more flashy was Apollo Creed, and it did not work out well for him.

12. Likes:

Gallen5862 (02-23-2020)

kind of miss the days when Tyson came out with a simple towel draped over him with a whole cut out for his head....

Fury takes Round 1

Fury takes Round 2

Wilder knocked down in Round 3! Fury takes Round 3.

Wilder down in Round 4....ruled a slip. Fury takes Round 4.
    Last edited by adkindo; 02-23-2020 at 12:31 AM.

Turn Off Ads?