Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wilder-Fury Part II

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Wilder-Fury Part II

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    how much of that money does he get? I recall when they use to break down Tyson's actual take home pay after taxes, lawyers, trainers, gyms, insurance, etc. etc.....it would be a fraction of what the claimed purse posted was at the time. Also, kids a more than a little expensive when you are fighting for $25 Million purses. Mom and kid are not living in a 3/2 driving a Malibu when dad is living in a mansion driving a Rolls.
    Even if HALF is taken away from child support, taxes, and everything else you cite - he's not hurting for money. Tyson got absolutely screwed over. Boxers today, for the most part, don't get done like that. They learned from what happened then and it doesn't happen that way anymore.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Even if HALF is taken away from child support, taxes, and everything else you cite - he's not hurting for money. Tyson got absolutely screwed over. Boxers today, for the most part, don't get done like that. They learned from what happened then and it doesn't happen that way anymore.
    regardless....my opinion holds that it is not in his best interest to rush back into the ring with Fury after just being destroyed by Fury.

Well, isn't this special?

Deontay Wilder: American blames ring-walk costume for Tyson Fury defeat

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/51623455

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Wilder blames his heavy costume for losing....idiot. Claims he will exercise the rematch option which means Fury will have to fight him next. I think Fury will end his career this time....he should have took some time away, and came back picking up some wins to get his career going again. I think he is getting bad advice or desperate for money. He may have huge expenses....I know he has 8 kids with 3 or 4 moms, so I bet his checks to them are very large each month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I was reading about Holyfield this weekend and after over $250 Million in winning purses, he went bust losing his house and being sued for child support. I think he was up to around $500K in child support payment debt. He has 11 kids with 6 different mothers. It mentioned Riddick Bowe also went bust, same for Thomas Hearns and Leon Spinks was even working at a McDonald's a few years ago. I am not suggesting that means Wilder needs money, but he likely understands he will need a war chest to continue living his current lifestyle after boxing and the clock is ticking on his earning days.

Last edited by adkindo; 03-02-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Turn Off Ads?