Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Outer Space

Re: Outer Space

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    As an aside, we would do well to remember that the term "UFO" only means "an object, which appears to be flying, but has yet to be identified" and is not, especially in government vernacular, synonymous with "extraterrestrial alien spacecraft."
    In all of human history, there have been reports of objects flying in the sky. With the exception of the past 100 yrs, any flying craft by definition would have to be described as "extraterrestrial spacecraft". In the Bible, Ezekiel saw a wheel in the sky. I think it's pretty obvious today what he saw

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Assertions of knowledge of a thing are not evidence for that thing.

Eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable.

Empirical data rules all. And there really is no empirical data for -- and much empirical data against (like the relativistic observations we've made to support that law, and that would make alien visitation virtually impossible) -- the idea that extraterrestrial solutions have visited the earth, much less that there is a trove of secret technology being held by "the government."
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

No discussion of space would be complete without a little conspiracy theory. I'm still trying to understand exactly what gain there is in governments all getting together, for over 400 years no less, just to assert that the earth is round...

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

5. Likes:

WrongVerb (02-23-2020)

NM
    Last edited by SunDeck; 02-23-2020 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Double post :-/
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

7. Likes:

North (02-24-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Empirical data rules all. And there really is no empirical data for -- and much empirical data against (like the relativistic observations we've made to support that law, and that would make alien visitation virtually impossible) -- the idea that extraterrestrial solutions have visited the earth, much less that there is a trove of secret technology being held by "the government."
    I trust what I saw and knowing what I know about physics, what I saw was impossible based on what we as humans know to be possible.

I get that there are people like you that need to be shown the evidence and I respect that. That's why I want the gov't to come clean.

Well this thread got side tracked..... (I blame the aliens)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I trust what I saw and knowing what I know about physics, what I saw was impossible based on what we as humans know to be possible.
    I don't doubt the sincerity of your belief in what you experienced.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I get that there are people like you that need to be shown the evidence and I respect that. That's why I want the gov't to come clean.
    If there's no evidence, then why believe something?

Check out this book. You'd like the author -- he's a libertarian.

News Flash! SETI finally detected a message from space - millions and millions of years old. It said F*** *** Earth.

14. Likes:

WrongVerb (02-24-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

If there's no evidence, then why believe something?

Check out this book. You'd like the author -- he's a libertarian.
    I guess I'll argue that there is evidence and some choose to not believe it's strong enough evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I guess I'll argue that there is evidence and some choose to not believe it's strong enough evidence.
    Considering the extraordinary claim, yes, very strong evidence is required.

Btw, read up on the "argument from ignorance" fallacy. You believe you experienced something, but then you're jumping to a conclusion that is, as yet, unfounded.

Our military are reporting seeing UFOs on a daily basis, particularly in the Norfolk area. Here's one such example:

https://www.livescience.com/navy-ufo...lassified.html

It appears that these UFOs are particularly interested in our nuclear weapons. There are even reports of UFOs turning off our ability to launch them.

There are all kinds of reports of "men in black" threatening witnesses from coming forward. If there is no such thing, why would these folks be threatened?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Our military are reporting seeing UFOs on a daily basis, particularly in the Norfolk area. Here's one such example:

https://www.livescience.com/navy-ufo...lassified.html

It appears that these UFOs are particularly interested in our nuclear weapons. There are even reports of UFOs turning off our ability to launch them.

There are all kinds of reports of "men in black" threatening witnesses from coming forward. If there is no such thing, why would these folks be threatened?
    UFO = "An object, which appears to be flying, but has yet to be identified."

UFO = "An object, which appears to be flying, but has yet to be identified."
    Our military is trained to identify objects. If they can't identify it, that's significant. It's not your ol' "eyewitness testimony is often unreliable" thing

Turn Off Ads?