Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Outer Space

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: Outer Space

Reddit and twitter have been no help—can anyone explain what’s going on with the multiple UFOs being shot down over the last 24 hours? Is it more China surveillance?
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Reddit and twitter have been no help—can anyone explain what’s going on with the multiple UFOs being shot down over the last 24 hours? Is it more China surveillance?
    I dont think even out i telligence people know for now. Will be interesting to see what all this is about.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Almost certainly yes, they’re just not naming it this time around because it caused a bigger than expected rift in relations with them.

NORAD said they basically turned off the filters on their radars after the first one, so they’re catching all these slow moving objects that they were just letting pass by before.

5. Likes:

WildcatFan (02-13-2023)

One of my favorite videos. Just incredible. Time lapse of the Future: Journey to the End of Time.

“It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

7. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (02-14-2023)

Name:  IMG_20230213_102419.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  46.7 KB

We saw this fly over my friend's house super bowl night. The picture isn't the greatest, but it did a good job of weirding us all out (Ok, the beers played a roll as well). Discovered later after doing some research that it was a starlink satellite.

9. Likes:

WrongVerb (02-15-2023)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Scientists find first evidence that black holes are the source of dark energy

Observations of supermassive black holes at the centers of galaxies point to a likely source of dark energy—the 'missing' 70% of the universe.

The measurements from ancient and dormant galaxies show black holes growing more than expected, aligning with a phenomenon predicted in Einstein's theory of gravity. The result potentially means nothing new has to be added to our picture of the universe to account for dark energy: black holes combined with Einstein's gravity are the source.

The conclusion was reached by a team of 17 researchers in nine countries, led by the University of Hawai'i and including Imperial College London and STFC RAL Space physicists. The work is published in two papers in the journals The Astrophysical Journal and The Astrophysical Journal Letters.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    One of my favorite videos. Just incredible. Time lapse of the Future: Journey to the End of Time.

Every time I have watched this(and I've watched it dozens of times), I gain some kind of new epiphany about how I should be living my life. It also leaves me feeling humbled and rather sad.

The last bit of narrative always stays with me well after I view the video :

" For the first time in its life, the universe will be permanent and unchanging ; entropy finally stops increasing because the cosmos cannot get any more disordered. Nothing happens. And it keeps not happening... Forever. "

“It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

As a fraction of the time-span of the universe, measured from its beginning to the evaporation of the last black hole, life (as we know it) is only possible for

0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000001% of that time .
    ---- Bill Vaughn

Pretty cool. I’ve seen other versions of that.

I think this takes things out even further but I’m somewhat unsure because my brain can’t conceptualize when you get out over 1 duotrigintillion years which I’d never heard of before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time...the_far_future
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Hubble Sees Possible Runaway Black Hole Creating a Trail of Stars

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...trail-of-stars

Attachment 19428

It has to go somewhere. What's on the other side of Black Holes?

37 years ago I reached the end of the Universe in my mind and when I got there, it folded in upon itself like a sock turning inside out.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ash-Italy.html

Italian researcher shares extraordinary evidence files of world's 'first' UFO crash - 14 years before Roswell - and the secret department set up by Mussolini's government to study the craft that was later captured by US forces
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lligences.html

David Grusch, 36, has spoken out to say the US has run a top secret UFO retrieval program for decades and claimed the 'Vatican was involved' in first UFO crash
    He said the first ever recovery of a space ship was in Magenta, Italy in 1933 and was held by Mussolini's Italian government until 1944-1945
    Grusch claimed it was partially intact and held at airbase until the US retrieved it after a tip from Pope Pius XII following the collapse of fascist Italian regime

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    They forgot the part when at the end, God sweeps all of the matter into his hands and compresses it into a ball of infinite density and energy, and releases it again as a big bang, so we can do it all again.

A Tennessee lawmaker issued a dire warning after claiming to have seen classified UFO footage that hasn't been released to the public.

Rep. Tim Burchett, R-Tenn., speculated extraterrestrial life forms could have technology that humanity "can't handle" during an appearance on the "Event Horizon" podcast.

"If they’re out there, they’re out there, and if they have this kind of technology, then they could turn us into a charcoal briquette," Burchett said.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/congressm...cant-handle-it

Interesting but I don't share his fear. If they wanted to " turn us into a charcoal briquette", they would have done it by now

Turn Off Ads?