Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Results 271 to 283 of 283

Thread: Outer Space

  1. #271
    Member medford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,355

    Re: Outer Space

    I firmly believe there is intelligent life somewhere out there in this vast universe.

    I seriously doubt that life has ever visited the 3rd rock from the sun.

    1) I get.... lets say the US stumbled across some alien ship/lifeform, we would definitely want to study it, and I could see why keeping those studies secret from the rest of the planet would be advantageous. However, if you were from another planet, you wouldn't only be studying the united states, you would be studying every country you could to learn the most about people possible. Odds of a crash that allowed US intelligence and US intelligence alone to study these foreign concepts is incredibly small. Maybe the US wants to keep it under wraps, but don't you think one of the many dictators around the world would want to take advantage of the money to be gained by having an alien spacecraft/being to be studied?

    2) I'm not sure there would be mass hysteria. If aliens have visited us in the past, they are either incapable, or unwilling to destroy our population. There is 0 reason to think that if they have been here 1,000 x over the last decade plus that all of a sudden tomorrow they are going to harm us all.

    3) ties in w/ 2), but if they are vastly superior to us why would they care about keeping things under wraps? What harm could we cause them in that situation? What benefit would either side gain from keeping it under wraps? I can envision several reasons, but they just seem unlikely.

    In any of these scenarios, I try to put ourselves into "their shoes". Could we possibly keep it under wraps that the Hubble happened upon an alien race living on the other side of the moon? How far would one have to travel to reach the next inhabitable region of space? How would one make the trip, maintain strength and energy, avoid boredom, etc...? Just all seems to fantastical to be a possibility.
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #272
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    27,378

    Re: Outer Space

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    If by "theory" you mean "conjecture" then guess away, and get back to me when you have something that has more veracity than a grocery store tabloid. If by "theory" you mean "an encompassing explanation for ALL -- not just a self-serving subset -- facts in evidence, then I'd be interested in the facts you're batting that on.



    Um... that's a myth. Here's one video explaining how the myth grew and perpetuated...





    I'm just asking if it makes sense that, say, Pakistan wouldn't want to use that information against India. Plus lots of people with competing motivations would know about this, and you're telling me nobody has ever presented concrete evidence? Do you think that evidence is so locked down that a country like Bolivia which regularly has coups, or Somalia or Haiti which have failed have a lock tight control over the technology you claim has been gleaned from alien spacecraft visits?
    Dan, you asked about the hypothetical "if the gov't did have evidence why would they hide it"? With that in mind, I gave you examples. Given that hypothetical, you can't go back and ask for "veracity". That defeats your question.

    As for War of the Worlds, it comes down to your definition of mass panic. I think this is a fair article on it:

    But while it is unclear to what extent actual panic was caused, certain facts remain chiefly, that the broadcast demonstrated the early power and potential of radio.

    The effect was compelling, and terrified listeners. The drama's documentary style and naturalistic dialogue meant some even mistook it for a real news broadcast. Newspapers later reported that anxious listeners, believing that the end of the world was imminent, tried to flee their homes, while others gathered weapons and prepared to defend themselves against the aliens.

    Phone lines became jammed as alarmed listeners tried to call police and newspapers to find out information or to get reassurance. This influx of calls may have convinced many journalists that the show was causing a nationwide panic.

    Soon, the police turned up at the CBS studio where the drama was being performed, and a struggle broke out between the cops and radio executives, who were desperately trying to prevent them bursting in and stopping the show.
    https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/...-of-the-worlds

    Does that mean that most of the listeners panicked? Of course not, but enough did to make a huge incident of it. If the police show up and seek to force you to stop the show, it's a pretty significant event

    I can't speak to Somalia, Haiti or Bolivia

  4. #273
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ann arbor
    Posts
    347

    Re: Outer Space

    While I too believe that we are not the only "Intelligent" life in the universe, the distances involved are simply to vast to think "They" are visiting us. I personally think some of the sightings are military "Black" projects, as a side note, congress likes to bring up military overspending, like a $500 toilet seat. They are not spending $500 for a toilet seat, that is how they account for the "Black" project spending.

  5. #274
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    27,378

    Re: Outer Space

    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    While I too believe that we are not the only "Intelligent" life in the universe, the distances involved are simply to vast to think "They" are visiting us. I personally think some of the sightings are military "Black" projects, as a side note, congress likes to bring up military overspending, like a $500 toilet seat. They are not spending $500 for a toilet seat, that is how they account for the "Black" project spending.
    We have all kinds of reports from people like David Grusch that we have recovered "pilots". I too am curious how they got here. Answers I've found are kinda beyond our comprehension. I'm told they're "interdimensional" whatever that means

    I'm going to throw this out here. I cannot vouch for whether it's true but I haven't come up with anything that debunks it. If anyone here does, I'd love to see it. This "interview" is supposedly with someone from the Zeta area of our galaxy (about 40 light years away). This is the same race that supposedly abducted Barney and Betty Hill in the early 1960s. I've discussed this with someone else that absolutely believes in this interview. This person told me that these aliens will reveal themselves in late 2026 or 2027. If that happens, I'll say I heard it here first. If that doesn't happen then I'll consider it another unsubstantiated UFO report. I certainly haven't read all 600 pages. A lot of it is awfully hard to follow. It could be because us humans are too primitive or it could be purposely written like this by a hoaxer. I don't know what to make of it

    https://www.treurniet.ca/zetacom/A_P..._Zeta_Race.pdf

  6. #275
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    27,378

    Re: Outer Space

    This Congressman says that the government is still blocking release of information on these "UFOs". Says that he was told by someone in our military that one flew w/i 14 ft of him:


  7. #276
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    13,432

    Re: Outer Space

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We have all kinds of reports from people like David Grusch that we have recovered "pilots". I too am curious how they got here. Answers I've found are kinda beyond our comprehension. I'm told they're "interdimensional" whatever that means

    I'm going to throw this out here. I cannot vouch for whether it's true but I haven't come up with anything that debunks it. If anyone here does, I'd love to see it. This "interview" is supposedly with someone from the Zeta area of our galaxy (about 40 light years away). This is the same race that supposedly abducted Barney and Betty Hill in the early 1960s. I've discussed this with someone else that absolutely believes in this interview. This person told me that these aliens will reveal themselves in late 2026 or 2027. If that happens, I'll say I heard it here first. If that doesn't happen then I'll consider it another unsubstantiated UFO report. I certainly haven't read all 600 pages. A lot of it is awfully hard to follow. It could be because us humans are too primitive or it could be purposely written like this by a hoaxer. I don't know what to make of it

    https://www.treurniet.ca/zetacom/A_P..._Zeta_Race.pdf
    You will soon be visited by Men In Black.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  8. #277
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    27,378

    Re: Outer Space

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You will soon be visited by Men In Black.
    I'm leaning towards not believing that PDF on the Zetas. A lot of mumbo jumbo that doesn't "say much" and it just doesn't "fit" or click with me.

  9. #278
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ann arbor
    Posts
    347

    Re: Outer Space

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm leaning towards not believing that PDF on the Zetas. A lot of mumbo jumbo that doesn't "say much" and it just doesn't "fit" or click with me.
    That's because it is "mumbo jumbo"

  10. #279
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Zeta Reticuli
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Outer Space

    I can't believe I've missed this discussion, given my location.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

  11. Likes:

    Roy Tucker (06-13-2024)

  12. #280
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19,937

    Re: Outer Space

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I can't believe I've missed this discussion, given my location.
    Then you must be familiar with my favorite Cincinnati Red growing up - Zeta Pinson.

  13. Likes:

    marcshoe (06-08-2024),Roy Tucker (06-13-2024)

  14. #281
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Zeta Reticuli
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Outer Space

    In spite of what you may have seen on the X-files, not all aliens played for the Grays.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

  15. Likes:

    texasdave (06-08-2024)

  16. #282
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    18,397

    Re: Outer Space

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    In spite of what you may have seen on the X-files, not all aliens played for the Grays.
    Are you suggesting Josh Gibson was human after all?
    Last edited by WrongVerb; 06-08-2024 at 11:26 PM.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

  17. #283
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19,937

    Re: Outer Space



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator