Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Outer Space

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Outer Space

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Our military is trained to identify objects. If they can't identify it, that's significant. It's not your ol' "eyewitness testimony is often unreliable" thing
    Maybe. I'm not familiar with military training techniques, although I suspect there's a lot of variability in both effectiveness and applicability of that training. But even so, it's still a massive conclusion jump to go from "I don't know what that is" to "gosh, darn it, that must be an alien spacecraft!"
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Considering the extraordinary claim, yes, very strong evidence is required.

Btw, read up on the "argument from ignorance" fallacy. You believe you experienced something, but then you're jumping to a conclusion that is, as yet, unfounded.
    My conclusion is that what I saw an object do in the sky is something that no falling object could do, nor could any object following the known laws of physics could do.

My conclusion is pretty simple based on that evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    My conclusion is that what I saw an object do in the sky is something that no falling object could do, nor could any object following the known laws of physics could do.

OK
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5. Likes:

Boston Red (02-24-2020),redsfandan (02-25-2020)

That was the same conclusion the guys in that video came to

OK
    Right back at ya.

I swear I once turned into Super Mario. I was even throwing balls of flame at koopas and Bowser.

I was tripping my face off, but I swear it really happened.

Another time I ate some bad Cole slaw and the room was “literally spinning.”

What I’m trying to say is that the human mind is very powerful and can play tricks on you. I’m sure you’re convinced you saw an alien spacecraft, but you didn’t. For a multitude of reasons you did not.

Do extraterrestrials exist? Yeah, of course, the universe is so large we can’t really grasp the size. Have they visited earth? Probably not, because the universe is huge and too great of a distance for a civilization so advanced to just come here and hide in the shadows. Most likely scenario is when a civilization reaches a certain point it destroys itself (the great filter).
    What would you say.....ya do here?

9. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-25-2020),WrongVerb (02-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I swear I once turned into Super Mario. I was even throwing balls of flame at koopas and Bowser.

I was tripping my face off, but I swear it really happened.

Another time I ate some bad Cole slaw and the room was “literally spinning.”

What I’m trying to say is that the human mind is very powerful and can play tricks on you. I’m sure you’re convinced you saw an alien spacecraft, but you didn’t. For a multitude of reasons you did not.

Do extraterrestrials exist? Yeah, of course, the universe is so large we can’t really grasp the size. Have they visited earth? Probably not, because the universe is huge and too great of a distance for a civilization so advanced to just come here and hide in the shadows. Most likely scenario is when a civilization reaches a certain point it destroys itself (the great filter).
    So you tripped your face off once and saw some weird stuff and that means that any time someone else sees something that doesn't align with your world view that there are a multitude of reasons they didn't actually see that? Get out of here.

Unless this is all some big trick and I'm Truman from the Truman show and I'm living in a bubble on a set and we can shine lights off of the sky in this world I'm fictitiously living in, there's not really some "your mind was playing tricks on you". I wasn't the only one there who saw it. There were two of us.

I thought I saw an alien once but it turns out it was our local billionaire stumbling around after receiving longevity treatments from a quack doctor. His fluorescent glow was caused by years spent in his nuclear power plant.

12. Likes:

Danny Serafini (02-25-2020),redsfandan (02-25-2020),RedTeamGo! (02-24-2020),WrongVerb (02-24-2020)

So you tripped your face off once and saw some weird stuff and that means that any time someone else sees something that doesn't align with your world view that there are a multitude of reasons they didn't actually see that? Get out of here.

Unless this is all some big trick and I'm Truman from the Truman show and I'm living in a bubble on a set and we can shine lights off of the sky in this world I'm fictitiously living in, there's not really some "your mind was playing tricks on you". I wasn't the only one there who saw it. There were two of us.
    You missed my point. That’s not what I was saying. I am simply saying the mind is powerful and can trick you into believing you saw something you didn’t. I was also joking around. My dad swears he and his friend saw an alien spacecraft as well, sounds like a crazy person when he tells the story and he comes off that way. He also swears he saw a shadow person cross through his donut delivery truck when he was a young man. https://www.bustle.com/p/what-are-sh...movie-12219528 - I think he doesn’t fully understand what shadows are.

In any event, you’re going to continue insisting you saw an alien spacecraft, and everyone else is going to continue doubting you. So enjoy!

But answer this: why would aliens visit this planet and literally not once confront us as a society or try to communicate with us?

14. Likes:

WrongVerb (02-24-2020)

You missed my point. That’s not what I was saying. I am simply saying the mind is powerful and can trick you into believing you saw something you didn’t. I was also joking around. My dad swears he and his friend saw an alien spacecraft as well, sounds like a crazy person when he tells the story and he comes off that way. He also swears he saw a shadow person cross through his donut delivery truck when he was a young man. https://www.bustle.com/p/what-are-sh...movie-12219528 - I think he doesn’t fully understand what shadows are.

In any event, you’re going to continue insisting you saw an alien spacecraft, and everyone else is going to continue doubting you. So enjoy!

But answer this: why would aliens visit this planet and literally not once confront us as a society or try to communicate with us?
    Who wouldn’t travel light years in distance just to catch a glance of the legend that is Dougdirt?

16. Likes:

Boston Red (02-24-2020),RedTeamGo! (02-24-2020),WrongVerb (02-24-2020)

I had a friend who once broke his hand. He broke it after the mailbox called his mom names. Acid can play all kinds of tricks on the mind.

I've seen UFOs at a party. It ended like all good parties do...when the police arrived.

I had a friend who once broke his hand. He broke it after the mailbox called his mom names. Acid can play all kinds of tricks on the mind.
    To be fair, mailboxes are a-holes.

A friend of mine ate a bunch of shrooms a few weeks ago and went out to walk his dog thinking he was coming down. Got super paranoid and thought someone was staring at him across the street. Actually yelled at the guy “WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT????”

Damndest thing happened, the guy shot up into the air and flew away in some kind of unidentified flying object.

But seriously, the guy he yelled at looked at him like he was crazy and hurriedly walked away.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 02-24-2020 at 11:35 PM.

20. Likes:

WrongVerb (02-24-2020)

I once saw an object moving in ways that defied the laws of physics. Turned out it was just my first time seeing a curve ball from a future Major Leaguer from the batter's box. I spent more time studying than in the cage after that.

22. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-24-2020)

I think my first wife was a lizard person. Or just really, really mean.

24. Likes:

Boston Red (02-24-2020),North (02-25-2020),RedTeamGo! (02-24-2020)

Turn Off Ads?