Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nintendo DS/3DS Games

Nintendo DS/3DS Games

I just picked up a Nintendo 3DS, as I am going to be doing some traveling for work in the near future.

I bought Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Really enjoy it.

I have been a Nintendo fan since the late 80s when I was 5-6 years old.

I would like to pick up a few more DS or 3DS games. Any recommendations?

To get an idea of what I like, the following are my top 5 games for each Nintendo system I grew up with:

NES:
    Zelda
    Contra
    Super Mario 3
    Mega Man 2
    Bionic Commando

SNES(I am a huge SNES fan, I could really name off probably 25 games, so the following was really hard for me - I still play this system all the time):
    Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Mega Man X
    Secret of Mana
    Super Mario Kart
    Super Metroid
    (I just started playing Chrono Trigger for the first time and I may bounce one of these games off top 5)

N64:
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
    Mario 64
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Super Smash Bros
    Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (I know this one doesn’t hold up at all, but the nostalgia)

Gameboy (and Gameboy advance combined):
    Tetris
    Pokémon Red
    Advance Wars
    Metroid II
    Super Mario Land

I def want to get at least one more game before I fly to Minnesota on March 2nd, so thanks for your recs in advance!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nintendo DS/3DS Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I just picked up a Nintendo 3DS, as I am going to be doing some traveling for work in the near future.

I def want to get at least one more game before I fly to Minnesota on March 2nd, so thanks for your recs in advance!
    Dragon Quest VIII <3DS> (one of the best RPG's ever made IMHO)
    Dragon Quest IX <DS> (also really really good RPG)
    999 <DS> (story-based puzzle game; multiple endings based on choices during play)
    Virtue's Last Reward <3DS> (999 'sequel', the third is 'Zero Time Dilemma'- which I haven't played)
    Advance Wars Dual Strike <DS> (if you liked Advance Wars, you'll LOVE this)

Of those, DQ VIII is the most engaging, DQ IX the most involved. AW: Dual Strike is the most fun if you only have the ability to play intermittently, while 999 can be played through in the least amount of time- but you can't get to every ending just playing through once.

The Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney <DS> series is also a good change of pace and there are a ton of Mario games made for both the DS and 3DS systems. Xenoblade Chronicles <3DS> was also promising, but I wandered off into other console games before finishing much of it. Also, Zelda: Ocarina of time has a ported 3DS version.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

4. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-23-2020)

There was an entire cult around NHL '94 on SNES. It was running at almost every hipster party I went to in the '90s (and I went to a lot).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    There was an entire cult around NHL '94 on SNES. It was running at almost every hipster party I went to in the '90s (and I went to a lot).
    Ah, good ol NHLPA 94. My brother and I played it a lot (and got into a lot of vicious fights as a result!)
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ah, good ol NHLPA 94. My brother and I played it a lot (and got into a lot of vicious fights as a result!)
    There was a rule in NYC that no one could play the Rangers just to avoid real life fights.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?