Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Louisville rotation

Louisville rotation

Louisville rotation could be pretty good. I'll assume Reds send Mahle to AAA.

1. Mahle
    2. DeLeon - Already considered as a possible starter, I read yesterday they are adding a slider to his arsenal. That sounds like they plan to use him at starter.
    3. Gutierrez - Had a real nice start to his spring in opener.
    4. Antone - Reds are high on this guy and added him to the 40.
    5. Jose Lopez - I'll use him as place filler at #5. Was good thru 2017 but had a couple bad years.

Others -

Jackson Stephens, Romano (I'd probably put hi in pen). I'm assuming Santillan is in AA but he may not be.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-25-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Louisville rotation

Mahle will headline, and Jose DeLeon is likely also ticketed for the rotation.

Brooks Raley was signed out of Korea and is a LH veteran who's probably ticketed for starts in AAA. He's in my hypothetical AAA rotation, at any rate. Antone too (especially after how glowingly he was discussed in the Reddit AMA from Boddy).

The fifth starter is where it could get interesting.

It may be Romano-- he's got the stuff and struggled with relief last season.

It might be Gutierrez-- he has great stuff, but his results have lagged behind. Still, he's young.

It might be Santillan. He's gotten through about 150 AA innings. They may push him to AAA just to challenge him a bit.

Were I in charge, I'd have Mahle in the majors as a long relief arm. He'd be my sixth SP, but I'd use him as an MLB arm meanwhile. DeLeon would be next, assuming he shows he can withstand the workload. (If not, I'd move him to the bullpen quickly.)

At least four of the five AAA guys could well be replacement level or better as starters.

Could be... but after Mahle there isn't a lot of substance there IMO.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Louisville rotation could be pretty good. I'll assume Reds send Mahle to AAA.

1. Mahle
    2. DeLeon - Already considered as a possible starter, I read yesterday they are adding a slider to his arsenal. That sounds like they plan to use him at starter.
    3. Gutierrez - Had a real nice start to his spring in opener.
    4. Antone - Reds are high on this guy and added him to the 40.
    5. Jose Lopez - I'll use him as place filler at #5. Was good thru 2017 but had a couple bad years.

Others -

Jackson Stephens, Romano (I'd probably put hi in pen). I'm assuming Santillan is in AA but he may not be.
    Lopez isn't going to be in there (to start the season). He's not healthy at this moment in time and is still rehabbing.

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-25-2020),JaxRed (02-25-2020)

Finnigan, noticed he was in yesterday's game but no resulting media comments

Last year at least Finnegan was a reliever.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?