Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Suarez, Senzel, Greene, Galvis

Suarez, Senzel, Greene, Galvis

Can anyone shed any light on the current read status and expected return to the lineup for these players? I also submit to the mods a possible sticky for up do date injury and rehab reports.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Suarez, Senzel, Greene, Galvis

Center fielder Nick Senzel, who is coming back from September surgery on his right shoulder, threw again on Wednesday. But there is no date set for when Senzel will see spring game action.

• Shortstop Freddy Galvis, who has been out with a sore right shoulder, could get into his first game next week.

“It will be real quick after the first off-day [on Tuesday],” Bell said. “He’ll be back playing in games, which will allow plenty of time, especially for a player with experience like he has. He has time.”

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Winker looked to be a full participant in the workout. David Bell said he will probably return in a couple of days

Mark Sheldon
    @m_sheldon
    A good sign for the #reds - Eugenio Suárez has started some light throwing. @ Cincinnati Reds Player Development Complex https://instagram.com/p/B9E_siCISwC/...d=mp06ga40xxa3
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 02-27-2020 at 02:02 PM.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-27-2020),goreds2 (02-27-2020),RED VAN HOT (02-27-2020),TNRED (02-28-2020)

I think they mentioned yesterday in that game that Senzel is behind Suarez in his comeback.

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (02-27-2020)

This was posted about a month ago....

Hayes Gardner
    @HayesGardner
    Reds top prospect and pitching phenom Hunter Greene is currently signing autographs at Slugger Field. He had Tommy John surgery last year, but is slated to pitch again this year, potentially in June.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (02-27-2020)

From Nightengale:

SENZEL UPDATE: Reds center fielder Nick Senzel continued his throwing progression Wednesday and he’s scheduled to throw again Friday.

Senzel hasn’t appeared in any games as he recovers from a September surgery to repair the labrum in his right shoulder, but it’s possible he could start playing as a designated hitter next week.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

10. Likes:

ochoa30 (02-28-2020),Ron Madden (02-28-2020)

Shoulder soreness, regardless of who it is, always concerns me. But it's ST and early.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    From Nightengale:
    I heard on the podcast he did with Jim Day last week that he was fine batting now so maybe he can do some pinch hitting

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    I heard on the podcast he did with Jim Day last week that he was fine batting now so maybe he can do some pinch hitting
    They just told you what he is going to do, DH next week.

senzel tore the labrum in his throwing shoulder and had surgery just 5 months ago. i would love to be wrong on this, but i highly doubt we will see him in a reds' regular-season uniform until may. unless the recovery time for torn labrums has changed drastically. [usually an 8-month recovery or so.]

there is also no need to rush him given the glut of quality outfielders the reds have. not that there is ever a good reason to rush a player back from injury, just pointing out the reds could be extra cautious with senzel if they so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    senzel tore the labrum in his throwing shoulder and had surgery just 5 months ago. i would love to be wrong on this, but i highly doubt we will see him in a reds' regular-season uniform until may. unless the recovery time for torn labrums has changed drastically. [usually an 8-month recovery or so.]

there is also no need to rush him given the glut of quality outfielders the reds have. not that there is ever a good reason to rush a player back from injury, just pointing out the reds could be extra cautious with senzel if they so choose.
    According to my crack research team (Me doing one google search) It looks like 3-4 months total recovery or 8-12 weeks after surgery. There is no chance he would be planning to DH next week if they didn't think he was coming back till May.
    Last edited by HammerTime; 02-28-2020 at 03:12 PM.

16. Likes:

Ron Madden (02-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    According to my crack research team (Me doing one google search) It looks like 3-4 months total recovery or 8-12 weeks after surgery. There is no chance he would be planning to DH next week if they didn't think he was coming back till May.
    we'll see when he's allowed to throw a baseball in a real game, given no dh in the nl. at least not yet.

and my guess of may was until senzel was playing for the reds. he would certainly have a rehab stint in louisville in april if it pans out that way.

Suarez today

“Definitely, I have something there,” he said. “Everybody knows that. It’s not about pain. It’s about my comfort to be there to make a good move, make a good throw. I don’t want to say it’s pain, but I don’t want to say it’s not pain because everybody knows I got something there. It’s not 100 percent yet. Not even close.”

The steps of progress were small, but important, for Reds third baseman Eugenio Suárez’s rehab from right-shoulder surgery. Suárez began throwing lightly on Thursday and he was swinging with both arms for the first time on Friday, before the Reds' 10-1 win over the A's at Goodyear Park.

Throwing doesn’t feel entirely natural for Suárez just yet.

“Definitely, I have something there,” he said. “Everybody knows that. It’s not about pain. It’s about my comfort to be there to make a good move, make a good throw. I don’t want to say it’s pain, but I don’t want to say it’s not pain because everybody knows I got something there. It’s not 100 percent yet. Not even close.”

Initially not expected to be ready for Opening Day, both Suárez and the club are more optimistic that it is possible.

“That’s the goal,” Suárez said. “But we don’t want to rush.”
    Moustakas has yet to take ground balls at third base.
    “We still want him to focus on second base as much as possible. But he will get work there,” Reds manager David Bell said. “[Suárez is] working so hard. His legs are going to be in great shape. He’s in better shape than he was at this time last year. When his shoulder says he’s ready to go, everything else is going to be ready. He’s giving himself every chance to be ready. That’s all you can do.”
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/eugeni...-surgery-rehab

IMO, Suarez and Senzel are still in the early stages of what I'd call rehab (beginning of ST). You get a far better indicator of where they're at. I'm a "better safe then sorry" kind a guy (especially with shoulder surgery). Don't rush them, and if it takes till May then so be it. Lonnnnnng season.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

21. Likes:

goreds2 (02-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I think they mentioned yesterday in that game that Senzel is behind Suarez in his comeback.
    That’s because thom runs off the head about stuff he doesn’t know. Everyone has said Senzel is ahead of Suarez all off season. Senzel said he’d start hitting in games very soon.

Turn Off Ads?