Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

I use the lesser known Surf Shark. Never a problem and cheap.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    What's shady? It's VPN. Have you ever used VPN?
    ha, was just joking. and yes, i've used a VPN.

what's actually shady is MLB making fans jump through all these hoops to watch their product.

4. Likes:

CesarGeronimo (06-02-2022),Chip R (06-02-2022)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Wasn't sure where to put this, but buried deep in ESPN's surprisingly compelling profile of Rob Manfred was this nugget:

Many fans also complain that too many networks now broadcast MLB games, many behind paywalls. Fans say games are difficult to find and access, and blackout rules remain an irritant. "Our No. 1 business priority right now is reach," Manfred says. The topic was a main discussion at an owners meeting in June. "Believe me," he says, "we hate blackouts as much as fans do." Manfred notes that the blackout clauses are written into broadcast deals -- which he has overseen -- but he says it's now a "top priority" for MLB to phase them out.
    File this under Believe It When I See It, but it's certainly better than anything I've heard from MLB before.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

6. Likes:

Red Raindog (06-29-2022),REDREAD (06-29-2022),Ron Madden (06-29-2022),wlf WV (06-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but buried deep in ESPN's surprisingly compelling profile of Rob Manfred was this nugget:

File this under Believe It When I See It, but it's certainly better than anything I've heard from MLB before.

Don't You Believe It!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-29-2022)

Even true, there's years of contracts that enforce blackouts signed.
    May the Lord bless

10. Likes:

REDREAD (06-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    ha, was just joking. and yes, i've used a VPN.

what's actually shady is MLB making fans jump through all these hoops to watch their product.
    I've gone from using NordVPN to Private Internet Access. Nord just doesn't have that many servers (and zero for those who live in India or watch shows based there). YouTube was picking up on all the Nord servers I was using. PIA hasn't given me any issues so far. If the Reds were a winning ballclub I'd find my way to Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post

I live in Nevada and basically the entire West Coast is blacked out.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.- Stan Helsing

Turn Off Ads?