Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

I have Youtube TV. Rarely watch FoxSports here in Southern California/San Diego, they carry the Clippers, Angels, Padres, LA Kings, Ducks.

I have MLB.tv free thru Tmobile. You only get one day a year to sign up for MLB.tv for free on T-Mobile and it's 3-24-20 this year. So MLB is covered for me.

I also signed up for a team pass for Lakers only. YoutubeTV has never carried Spectrum SportsNet. And somehow I am in a sweet spot where I am outside the Lakers blackout area, even thou some in San Diego who are farther from LA than I am are in the Lakers blackout area.

Oh, and I have an app on my phone that spoofs my location that comes in handy with Youtube.TV during NFL season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well just signed up for YoutubeTV on a trial, from HuluLive. With the expanded DVR to get rid of ads, my service is 76$ per month on HuluLive. But at some point it will suffer the same fate as the others.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

So hulu tv will continue to have FoxSports?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    So hulu tv will continue to have FoxSports?
    My guess is until they don't. We need to come up with a list of ways to watch the Reds on Fox Sports Ohio without cable or satellite contracts. In other words, streaming.

I'm looking into a VPN to get around the georestriction of MLB TV. I can afford to pay, so I'd rather be legal, actually. I think Hulu TV is my only other legal option.
    sorry we're boring

6. Likes:

Chip R (02-28-2020),Red Raindog (02-28-2020),REDREAD (02-28-2020)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Taking your product off cord-cutting solutions is a great way to reach the younger demos the sport needs to continue growing.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

8. Likes:

Always Red (02-28-2020),Chip R (02-28-2020),cincinnati chili (03-01-2020),HammerTime (02-28-2020),North (02-28-2020),REDREAD (02-28-2020),Revering4Blue (03-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I'm glad I live out of market.
    Ditto. I can handle missing Royals games.

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-28-2020),goreds2 (02-28-2020)

Haunted by walks

An idle question: What’s the closest place to Cincinnati that’s not blacked out for Reds games?

It's easy for us to blame the greed of fox sports or Sinclair or any cable provider. Maybe we as fans contribute to this mess. We have gotten to the point where we can pay some bench warmer a few million a year and we call it a great deal and act like that money is random change in the couch cushions. Paying a player 20 million a year doesn't even raise an eyebrow anymore. Where do we think the money is coming from? It is coming because WE as fans are willing to pay in one way or another. Maybe as fans we need to boycott the system that feeds these astronomical salaries.

13. Likes:

North (02-28-2020)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    An idle question: What’s the closest place to Cincinnati that’s not blacked out for Reds games?
    Cleveland, Detroit, southern Illinois, Pittsburgh, western VA.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Fangraphs with a good (concerning) breakdown. The whole thing's worth reading: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/mlbs-win...-danger-lurks/

These deals are ultimately profitable for MLB teams given the large rights fees involved, but they are reaching fewer and fewer customers and providing less access and choice for kids who will grow up to be the fans spending money on the tickets and television packages that keep MLB alive.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

16. Likes:

REDREAD (02-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

18. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-28-2020),North (02-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Good find. If you're out of market, that's a nice deal.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Cleveland, Detroit, southern Illinois, Pittsburgh, western VA.
    they're blacked out in columbus?

a writer for awful announcing opines this could just be a negotiating tactic from youtube tv and could be resolved relatively soon (but then in the next breath says it could take a while):

Interestingly, during Sinclair’s earnings call Wednesday morning, CEO Chris Ripley seemed to indicate that Sinclair was locked in negotiations with YouTube TV to add the recently launched Marquee Sports Network (also, note the typo in the transcript of Fubo as “SuBo”). Could pulling the RSNs just be a negotiation ploy from YouTube TV?

So, we did take SuBo out of our guidance. And – but it was immaterial, as you noted. And we just recently added Hulu, Marquee onto Hulu and YouTube is an active negotiation that’s near term.

The Fox Sports RSNs are still available on Hulu ($54.99/month) and AT&T TV Now (on the $80/month Max package), but that’s no consolation to YouTube TV subscribers and loyalists.

The optimist in me thinks this is just a negotiation tactic, and that the RSNs will be re-added (with the addition of Marquee) in a matter of days or weeks. The pessimist in me sees the month-long standoff between Dish and Sinclair (Charlie Ergen’s recent comments aside) and thinks subscribers should prepare for months, rather than weeks, without the Fox RSNs on YouTube TV.
    https://awfulannouncing.com/youtube/...uary-29th.html

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    I'm 50 miles from the Michigan border in the center of Indiana -- blacked out
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?