Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Quote Originally Posted by sdm24 View Post
    I wonder what Sinclair is thinking.
    Probably something wildly racist

2. Likes:

Chip R (10-23-2020),FlightRick (10-23-2020),goldglover9 (10-24-2020),Joeyjection19 (11-19-2020),Roy Tucker (10-24-2020),WildcatFan (10-24-2020),WrongVerb (10-23-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by sdm24 View Post
    I wonder what Sinclair is thinking. Fox sports has been dropped by Hulu, Youtube, and Dish that i know of. How are they making money by raising fees and dropping carriers? That I know of Directv is the only large service that will carry Fox Sports next year? is that right?
    Right now, it doesn't really matter - I can watch world series of poker reruns or darts tournaments on other channels.

I'll be interested to see what, if anything, changes come February.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

If none of the streaming services pick up FS Ohio but Spectrum continues to carry it, then I may [barf] add Spectrum cable back and cancel YouTubeTV. Spectrum will give you a promo initially, likely for 12 months. Then at the end of baseball season I'd just cancel Spectrum and go back to YouTubeTV. Then at the beginning of the 2022 season, I'd do it all over again and likely get the Spectrum promo. I thought their policy was as long as you were gone for 30+ days, they'll give you a promo back. Well if I'm gone for 5-6 months each baseball off season, then that'd certainly qualify to keep getting the promos.

It may work for a year or two. But I'll worry about it in February/March as I don't need FS Ohio until Opening Day.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

6. Likes:

Chip R (10-25-2020),goreds2 (10-23-2020)

One can scream, assign blame, on Sinclair - no argument here - but Disney started the ball a rollin'. It's a different Disney then the one I grew up with, and I do not subscribe to any of their services.

https://streamingclarity.com/fox-rsn...fore-sinclair/

Like most, I too was going from one streaming service to another as they began dropping the RSNs. And it was only because of the RSNs I was doing so. My wife and I only watch a handful of channels, which are part of the basic package of all these streaming services. We watch far more on regular YT then anything else (lol). Recently though, YouTubeTV jacked our rate up to $70/month! So you increase my fee, yet take away popular services? Tired of the games these bloodsuckers like to play with the public. Cancelling YTTV and going back to SlingTV.

And when I get my outside aerial antenna put up next Spring (Columbus, Dayton, and Lima stations), I may say to Hell with all of it (lol). Just tired of it all.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

Always Red (10-29-2020),goreds2 (10-24-2020)

T-mobile has a tv plan now. Looks like they do not have fox sports regional yet but keep an eye on it.

https://clark.com/streaming-tv/t-mob...df6db-73879421
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

10. Likes:

savafan (10-28-2020)

Sinclair posted "profits" today. Showed massive losses, and they wrote down the value of their RSNs by 4.2 billion. They paid 9.6 billion so they chopped the value nearly in half.

Sinclair down 8% today and 40% for the year.

Good job guys !!

PS - They did say the were exploring a direct to consumer model.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 11-04-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

12. Likes:

Chip R (11-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Sinclair posted "profits" today. Showed massive losses, and they wrote down the value of their RSNs by 4.2 billion. They paid 9.6 billion so they chopped the value nearly in half.

Good job guys !!

Definitely. Found this gem too:

Sinclair faces pressure because it has $12.5 billion in debt and has failed to secure contracts from Hulu and YouTube to carry the channels.

Sinclair took the writedown after failing to clinch deals to offer its sports programming on the two online services. Hulu, which is controlled by Disney, recently dropped the channels, as did YouTube TV. The two made up about 10% of subscriber revenue for Sinclair’s sports segment in September. The channels have also been unavailable to Dish Network Corp. subscribers for over a year.

Because the pandemic pushed back the start of the NBA and NHL seasons, there are currently no regular season games on Sinclair’s sports channels, making it easier for distributors to drop them.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sincl...190808357.html
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post

Good job guys !!

Couldn't have happened to better guys.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

15. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (11-11-2020),Bob Sheed (11-07-2020),Chip R (11-11-2020),dougdirt (11-04-2020),mbgrayson (11-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Couldn't have happened to better guys.
    Indeed but we pay the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The RSNs owned by Sinclair will be rebranded as Bally Sports. In related news, Pete Rose, Willie Mays and the estate of Mickey Mantle all believe that irony is dead.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/sinc...mpression=true
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

757690 (11-19-2020),cumberlandreds (11-19-2020),GAC (11-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The RSNs owned by Sinclair will be rebranded as Bally Sports. In related news, Pete Rose, Willie Mays and the estate of Mickey Mantle all believe that irony is dead.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/sinc...mpression=true
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

It'll be interesting to see if the leagues are okay with this, considering most of them probably already have deals with non-Bally's betting sites. Additionally, $8.5 million per year doesn't seem like all that much money for these naming rights, but maybe I'm way off base. The Bally's name will be printed millions of times per year online, in other newsmedia and will be intimately associated with every regional team that appears on the networks.

That 8.5 million is important because it means lower prices when it's passed on to consumers !! (I was ALMOST able to say that with a straight face)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I don't care. Screw'em, screw'em, screw'em all! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

MLB is getting what they deserve, dealing with Sinclair for a few extra short term bucks. Politics aside, anyone who has seen a Sinclair news broadcast knows how low rent the production quality is.

24. Likes:

757690 (11-23-2020),KYExtemper (11-25-2020),Wonderful Monds (11-21-2020)

Turn Off Ads?