Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    I use Unlocator Smart DNS. Not exactly a VPN, but close.

They state that the service will not work with iPads or cell phones since those devices force GeoLocation services and cannot get around MLB knowing where you are coming from.

So if I want to watch the Reds I have to use my Apple TV or NVidia shield. If I’m away from home it’s radio broadcasts.

Check with your vpn provider and see if that’s what you are experiencing.
    It has worked in the past just fine including yesterday’s game. I will check with them if the problem persists.

I’m using ExpressVPN.

Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    Today I tried to watch a different team that’s in my viewing area using the Mlbtv app with my VPN while using my iPad.

I kept getting an error message. I then turned of the VPN and got the blackout message.

I also got the error while attempting to watch an out of market team.

When I turned off the VPN I could watch the out of market game.

Anyone else have this happen?

My fear is that MLB has found a way to block the VPN’s....

Same thing is happening to me tonight. Cant get game despite changing location of VPN several times. Only radio broadcast on MLB.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite Graham View Post
    Same thing is happening to me tonight. Cant get game despite changing location of VPN several times. Only radio broadcast on MLB.com
    Same thing for me. Working fine Wednesday but nothing except radio feed regardless of the VPN location.

I tried three different VPNs and three different devices

All no go

I miss Raisor

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

I tried three different VPNs and three different devices

All no go
    That sucks. I can confirm that Nord VPN is working for me on my desktop, which I have casted to my Nvidia Shield TV. However the Shield app and MLB app no longer work like they did as of Tuesday.

Something definitely changed, but I really would love to avoid Spectrum.

7. Likes:

Red Raindog (04-09-2021)

I guess mlb doesn’t want me anymore

I miss Raisor

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

I guess mlb doesn’t want me anymore
    It's hard not to feel that way lately. This is pretty ridiculous.

Anyone having problems watching Reds on MLB.tv....simple, move to San Diego.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Anyone having problems watching Reds on MLB.tv....simple, move to San Diego.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    On the other hand, I can't watch the Padres. Missed the no-no last night.

12. Likes:

RBA (04-10-2021)

Yep. Just opened this thread to see where I could get a stream. I was fine until yesterday using ExpressVPN. No longer able to watch.

This is absolutely absurd. To my knowledge AT&Ts streaming service is the only streaming option available. Spectrum is awful and absolutely will never go back to them. Their customer service is why I quit cable in the first place. We have Metronet here as a competitor and their internet is great but their cable packages are absurdly priced.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Yep. Just opened this thread to see where I could get a stream. I was fine until yesterday using ExpressVPN. No longer able to watch.

This is absolutely absurd. To my knowledge AT&Ts streaming service is the only streaming option available. Spectrum is awful and absolutely will never go back to them. Their customer service is why I quit cable in the first place. We have Metronet here as a competitor and their internet is great but their cable packages are absurdly priced.
    I can’t get my Apple devices to work but using NordVPN and switching the time zone setting on my laptop has me the game tonight on MLBTV

I miss Raisor

I can’t get my Apple devices to work but using NordVPN and switching the time zone setting on my laptop has me the game tonight on MLBTV

I'd wager its a matter of time before they get Nord too, until someone comes up with the next workaround. Such a joke. It'd be one thing if folks were just outright stealing...we pay for MLB.TV. Furthermore there is only one cable streaming service option that even carries the network. Just ridiculous

I honestly don't understand what the Sinclair/Bally plan is along with the MLB blackouts. With no fans last year and so far greatly reduced attendance, what do they expect to gain from feuding with companies that get the programming? Ultimately, the value of these TV contracts is based upon how many eyes are looking at a screen. I if they cut their audience in half they have to double their price. At this rate they are going to cut out half of the viewers. If this charade keeps up much longer, they will find that no one wants to watch even for free.

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    I honestly don't understand what the Sinclair/Bally plan is along with the MLB blackouts. With no fans last year and so far greatly reduced attendance, what do they expect to gain from feuding with companies that get the programming? Ultimately, the value of these TV contracts is based upon how many eyes are looking at a screen. I if they cut their audience in half they have to double their price. At this rate they are going to cut out half of the viewers. If this charade keeps up much longer, they will find that no one wants to watch even for free.
    Whoever is leading the charge at "Bally" is an idiot. Changing the name is a mistake in itself, let alone cutting out who knows how many fans of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton95 View Post
    Whoever is leading the charge at "Bally" is an idiot. Changing the name is a mistake in itself, let alone cutting out who knows how many fans of baseball.
    Personally I see Fox Sports, I know what the hell I am watching. I see Bally whatever and may not watch it. Who the hell is Bally anyway?

Turn Off Ads?