Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

"I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Likes:

GAC (03-16-2020),KYRedsFan (03-13-2020),wlf WV (03-17-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bump as I hadn't seen anything on this as we fingers crossed hopefully have baseball soon
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

If you have YouTube TV, the Fox Sports regional channels will be gone on October 1st.

https://twitter.com/YouTubeTV/status...529029120?s=19
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If you have YouTube TV, the Fox Sports regional channels will be gone on October 1st.

Reds first 3 are on ESPN or one of its affiliates, so no worries yet. Not sure where the rest of the playoffs are broadcast.

Adios, YouTubeTV. It's been real.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

They have 5 to 6 months to bring them back, or I'll be cancelling YouTubeTV.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

8. Likes:

Always Red (09-30-2020),Chip R (09-29-2020),Plus Plus (09-30-2020),StRedlegs900 (09-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    They have 5 to 6 months to bring them back, or I'll be cancelling YouTubeTV.
    Same, I'll let the off season play out but I'm gone if they don't have it back by spring.

10. Likes:

Chip R (09-30-2020)

I'm a Youtube TV user. I love the convenience, unlimited DVR, and the UI. I'll never go back to DirecTV.

But they are creeping into cable/dish monthly charges. And they are adding crap like MTV and dropping sports. Very disappointing.

Since I didn't have any of the Fox Sports channels for YouTube TV at all this year, I went the MLB.TV subscription with the Unlocator service for 5 bucks a month. It worked very well. I highly recommend it.

12. Likes:

Chip R (09-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    I'm a Youtube TV user. I love the convenience, unlimited DVR, and the UI. I'll never go back to DirecTV.

But they are creeping into cable/dish monthly charges. And they are adding crap like MTV and dropping sports. Very disappointing.

Since I didn't have any of the Fox Sports channels for YouTube TV at all this year, I went the MLB.TV subscription with the Unlocator service for 5 bucks a month. It worked very well. I highly recommend it.
    Its not really YouTubeTV, its Sinclar Broadcasting jacking the price. Games won't be back on FSO until March, I wonder what that loss of revenue for Sinclar mean?

I have gone round and round in the last year. I dropped Directv Satellite for PS Vue only to have them go dark.

Went to YTTV, but then they jumped to $65 for channels I didn’t need, and with them not carrying the Reds, there was no value there.

I went back to ATT Tv streaming, get a $10 credit for having cell with them, and I have been pleased. They give you 1 free box and remote that works like just like a directv box. Channel numbers are same as Directv, so 661 is the Reds.

One difference I dont mind paying extra for: sound quality on ATT TV is true 5.1. I don’t known if YTTV or other streaming services are doing that yet. Not a big deal for sports but it’s a noticeable improvement on movies and shows.

Youtube TV has relegated the sports to Hulu TV. If you want streaming and sports, you need to switch.

Which is odd to me. YouTube added a sports package this fall that includes the REDZONE channel, which I love. Why can't they just power out another add on package for X dollars a month for all the Fox Sports channels?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Youtube TV has relegated the sports to Hulu TV. If you want streaming and sports, you need to switch.

Which is odd to me. YouTube added a sports package this fall that includes the REDZONE channel, which I love. Why can't they just power out another add on package for X dollars a month for all the Fox Sports channels?
    I use Sling. It has most of the channels my Wife & daughter watch, and a decent sports package. Price is lower than YTTV or Hulu.

Of course, figuring out how to watch the NFL these days is a baffling ordeal. If Hulu provides more NFL games, I'd switch.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I use Sling. It has most of the channels my Wife & daughter watch, and a decent sports package. Price is lower than YTTV or Hulu.

Of course, figuring out how to watch the NFL these days is a baffling ordeal. If Hulu provides more NFL games, I'd switch.
    It's been a while since I have had Hulu, but it should have the local stations. Then the local channels should have the available NFL games.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

We moved back to YouTubeTV because the interface and navigation on Hulu was beyond horrible. (And YTTV offers an unlimited DVR for free.)

Hoping YTTV gets those FSN regionals back for next season. Not sure what we'll do if they don't.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

19. Likes:

wlf WV (10-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Not sure what we'll do if they don't.
    I know what I'll do:

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    We moved back to YouTubeTV because the interface and navigation on Hulu was beyond horrible. (And YTTV offers an unlimited DVR for free.)

Hoping YTTV gets those FSN regionals back for next season. Not sure what we'll do if they don't.
    I switched from ATT TV Now to YouTubeTV back in July, and it's way better. Not happy with this at all, but plenty of time to see what happens.
    You know it's Sinclair Broadcast Group that now owns Fox RSN, I hate that company.
    Last edited by T Harper; 10-02-2020 at 03:53 PM.

22. Likes:

wlf WV (10-02-2020)

Turn Off Ads?