Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I saw that. No AMC is a problem.
    If you have Amazon Prime for example, you can just buy shows by the season for ~15-20 dollars, or per episode for 2-3 dollars. Unless I hear of something better, I may go the Hulu Live route, supplemented w/ AMC shows purchased ala carte.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-27-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I use AT&T TV NOW ... not exactly the cheapest option, but the channel mix is pretty solid.

makes me think that overpaying for WOW cable in columbus isn't so bad. until now, everything i heard about youttube tv was good.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (02-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    makes me think that overpaying for WOW cable in columbus isn't so bad. until now, everything i heard about youttube tv was good.
    Until now, everything about YouTubeTV was good
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

8. Likes:

Always Red (02-27-2020),Boss-Hog (02-27-2020),Chip R (02-27-2020),Kilgore_Trout (02-27-2020),KYExtemper (02-27-2020),mbgrayson (02-27-2020),Red Raindog (02-28-2020),StRedlegs900 (02-27-2020),wlf WV (02-27-2020)

I'm glad I live out of market.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

Boston Red (02-28-2020),North (02-27-2020),Red X (02-27-2020)

If this is somehow against community guidelines, mods feel free to remove this post.

This is how I generally watch Reds baseball.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

12. Likes:

Always Red (02-27-2020),ochoa30 (02-27-2020),savafan (02-27-2020)

The fate of the regional Fox sports had been up in the air since the Disney acquisition.

"Disney is buying a huge chunk of 21st Century Fox in a deal that promises to reshape the media industry and help the entertainment giant fend off digital rivals such as Netflix.

The $52.4 billion deal will combine two of the biggest players in Hollywood."

The sale represents a remarkable turn in the career of octogenarian mogul Rupert Murdoch, who is cashing out after building a major media empire. For its part, Disney (DIS) is adding even more prime entertainment assets to an already swollen portfolio as it battles upstart streaming services that have undercut the traditional cable subscription model.

In addition to 21st Century Fox's movie studio and regional sports networks, Disney is buying cable channels FX and National Geographic. Disney will also get Fox's stakes in Hulu and European pay-TV provider Sky (SKYAY)."

https://money.cnn.com/2017/12/14/med...eal/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    If you have Amazon Prime for example, you can just buy shows by the season for ~15-20 dollars, or per episode for 2-3 dollars. Unless I hear of something better, I may go the Hulu Live route, supplemented w/ AMC shows purchased ala carte.
    That's my current plan, as well. Hopefully another option or two comes about between now and 3/26.

15. Likes:

Plus Plus (02-27-2020)

It always comes back to that greedy <bleeping> mouse.

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

It always comes back to that greedy <bleeping> mouse.

You would never say that if you've ever been to "The happiest place on Earth". /s

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-27-2020)

Who would have ever thought when we were kids Disney would end up running everything in society.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Damn. I just moved from PS Vue to Youtube TV too. Granted I'm out of market for the Reds, but it really screws up watching all the Ohio sports I am in network for.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    The fate of the regional Fox sports had been up in the air since the Disney acquisition.

"Disney is buying a huge chunk of 21st Century Fox in a deal that promises to reshape the media industry and help the entertainment giant fend off digital rivals such as Netflix.

The $52.4 billion deal will combine two of the biggest players in Hollywood."

The sale represents a remarkable turn in the career of octogenarian mogul Rupert Murdoch, who is cashing out after building a major media empire. For its part, Disney (DIS) is adding even more prime entertainment assets to an already swollen portfolio as it battles upstart streaming services that have undercut the traditional cable subscription model.

In addition to 21st Century Fox's movie studio and regional sports networks, Disney is buying cable channels FX and National Geographic. Disney will also get Fox's stakes in Hulu and European pay-TV provider Sky (SKYAY)."

https://money.cnn.com/2017/12/14/med...eal/index.html
    I believe the Fox Regional Sports Networks were sold off to Sinclair when the Disney-Fox merger went through. So in this case, it's not Disney trying to screw you, it's Sinclair. They yanked the Fox Regional Networks from Sling too. One could almost wonder what interest they have in particular cable companies/services. I have to wonder if it's only a matter of time before they yank the Regional Sports Networks from Hulu TV as well (unless they have a vested interest in Hulu).
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

22. Likes:

JFLegal (02-27-2020),North (02-27-2020),Plus Plus (02-27-2020),redsrule2500 (03-09-2020)

Ah...now I see the swipe at Sinclair.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah. I want to watch the rest of Better Call Saul so I might keep it until the end of April and then get Hulu Live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?