Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

So as we get closer and closer to the season it looks like those of us with YouTube TV are going to have to switch to something else for the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KYExtemper View Post
    So as we get closer and closer to the season it looks like those of us with YouTube TV are going to have to switch to something else for the Reds.
    Not looking great. I have yet to see any details on the standalone Bally's package

Quote Originally Posted by KYExtemper View Post
    I'm done jumping through hoops trying to find options to watch baseball. I have YTTV, and if they haven't resolved anything by season's beginning then to hell with them all, and I'm going back to SlingTv. I'll pull the games up on the radio. It's just ridiculous.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Crumbley (02-14-2021)

I thought Fox was going to have their own subscription model this year?

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I thought Fox was going to have their own subscription model this year?
    They've teased it with this new "Bally's" re-branding but no details on actually launching it

8. Likes:

HammerTime (02-13-2021)

MLB doesn’t know if they are using a DH or not, and no one knows how to watch the games. Cool modern sport.

10. Likes:

757690 (02-14-2021),Always Red (02-26-2021),alwaysawarrior (03-02-2021),BluegrassRedleg (02-15-2021),Bob Sheed (02-14-2021),dfs (03-02-2021),dreghorntwo (02-14-2021),HammerTime (02-14-2021),Kilgore_Trout (02-14-2021),KronoRed (02-14-2021),MR X (02-14-2021),paintmered (02-14-2021),Red Raindog (02-14-2021),Revering4Blue (02-15-2021),RichRed (03-08-2021),The Operator (02-14-2021),WildcatFan (02-25-2021),wlf WV (03-09-2021)

Go on your phone or tablet.. for the apps you want, search "MLB live streaming free" find Dofusports... now you can watch the games.. and can cast it to your smart tv..

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    MLB doesn’t know if they are using a DH or not, and no one knows how to watch the games. Cool modern sport.
    As a friend of mine likes to say, "Whistling past the graveyard."
    Rounding third and heading for home...

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-15-2021)

So the only non-cable option in Cincinnati with FSO or Ballys or whatever its called now, seems to be "ATT TV", whatever that is.

Anyone have any experience with this service?

EDIT: I took the plunge, I'll update as to how it goes.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 03-01-2021 at 06:35 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

15. Likes:

goreds2 (03-01-2021),MR X (03-01-2021)

- Web App is a little clunky
    - good picture quality on tv app and web app
    - has all the spring training broadcasts
    - 14 day free trial. too expensive though. 84.99/month might have to yar, matey... haven't decided yet
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

17. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-02-2021),Joeyjection19 (03-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    - Web App is a little clunky
    - good picture quality on tv app and web app
    - has all the spring training broadcasts
    - 14 day free trial. too expensive though. 84.99/month might have to yar, matey... haven't decided yet
    I really want to watch the Reds this year, but I'm not going back to cable/satellite just to watch the Reds, nor pay an At&T which is no better as far as cost goes. Haven't heard any more updates on the launch of this Bally's network they're working on, other then it will happen "in the upcoming months" (that coud be next Fall). Sinclair's position seems to be that once this Ballys is launched these other streaming services will be "pressured" to carry them or lose viewership to Ballys, who will also offer on-line gaming and various other fan perks to make it attractive. Either way it's a win-win for Sinclair/Ballys. We'll see.

I'm looking at trying an MLB.TV subscription using my VPN, because I live in Ohio and they're considered my "local team". It just amazes me what a fan has to do to watch a ball game anymore - and I'm getting tired of it all. You can only push me so far before I say UP YOURS! lol
    Last edited by GAC; 03-08-2021 at 06:26 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

19. Likes:

919191 (03-10-2021),Always Red (03-16-2021),BuckeyeRed27 (03-08-2021),JFLegal (03-08-2021),Revering4Blue (03-09-2021),wlf WV (03-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I really want to watch the Reds this year, but I'm not going back to cable/satellite just to watch the Reds, nor pay an At&T which is no better as far as cost goes. Haven't heard any more updates on the launch of this Bally's network they're working on, other then it will happen "in the upcoming months" (that coud be next Fall). Sinclair's position seems to be that once this Ballys is launched these other streaming services will be "pressured" to carry them or lose viewership to Ballys, who will also offer on-line gaming and various other fan perks to make it attractive. Either way it's a win-win for Sinclair/Ballys. We'll see.

I'm looking at trying an MLB.TV subscription using my VPN, because I live in Ohio and they're considered my "local team". It just amazes me what a fan has to do to watch a ball game anymore - and I'm getting tired of it all. You can only push me so far before I say UP YOURS! lol
    I'm with you. I'm a Hulu subscriber and will not go back to cable/satellite just to watch the Reds. So far in spring training, I've been able to stream radio broadcasts on WLW and I hope that continues. I see that you have to reside in the Cincinnati market (whatever that means) to do this, so I'm hoping it will continue during the regular season, but I'm not sure about it since I live a couple of hours away in Indiana. https://www.redlegnation.com/2021/03/02/you-can-finally-stream-cincinnati-reds-radio-broadcasts-online-sort-of/ .

After a week of using it, I'm not a fan of ATT TV's interface, on their Smart TV app. I'm going to cancel it and just listen to the radio again, I guess. Maybe if they start doing well, I'll look at vpn options.

The interface sucks because:
    1. It freezes from time to time.
    2. If you want to watch from beginning instead of live, this works. Sometimes. Other times, it takes you right to the game, without even asking.
    3. When you pause it for a minute, then unpause, it rolls you back a few minutes. And speaking of...
    4. Their fast forward / rewind is terrible.

So, long and short? I would have given ATT 84.99/month. But ATT decided to make a ****ty app instead. ****ty and Overpriced. That should probably be their slogan. So, gotta speak with my wallet on this one.

...and I agree. MLB is driving fans like me away. To say nothing of what they are doing to attract and retain younger fans. (Nothing.)

22. Likes:

GAC (03-09-2021),Hoosier Red (03-08-2021)

Yeah, I'm with you guys. I'm not going to Spectrum or getting a satellite dish again. I'm not going to do a VPN thing either. I can listen to them on the radio and since I heart Radio can let you do that for free, I will settle for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

24. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-08-2021)

I live just under 400 miles away from GABP and about 200 miles from the Braves' stadium, and yet:

Name:  Blackout.PNG
Views: 213
Size:  12.6 KB

It's pure insanity.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

26. Likes:

Always Red (03-16-2021),Chip R (03-08-2021),GAC (03-09-2021),Ron Madden (03-08-2021),The Operator (03-08-2021),wlf WV (03-09-2021)

Turn Off Ads?