Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Saw this last week from a KC Royals beat so take it for what it's worth:

The Sinclair Broadcast Group, which owns Fox Sports Kansas City, is planning a new streaming app that will be ready around the time the Major League Baseball season starts on April 1, Sport Business reported.

The new app will replace the Fox Sports Go app, as part of the rebranding agreement that was reached between Bally’s Corporation and the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The app will have the Bally name.
    Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/ml...#storylink=cpy

I'm still on YTTV, and I've made the decision that I'm not going back to Spectrum in time for Opening Day. I have the radio for now.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

The fact that it is not already ready seems like a bad sign to me.

4. Likes:

Chip R (03-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you guys. I'm not going to Spectrum or getting a satellite dish again. I'm not going to do a VPN thing either. I can listen to them on the radio and since I heart Radio can let you do that for free, I will settle for that.
    As I was first becoming a Reds fan, I listened to most of their games on the radio in '75 and '76. I wonder if I'm headed for a repeat of that experience and those results.

Am I reading that article correctly that "direct to consumer" (i.e. not through your cable provider) product won't be available until 2022?

7. Likes:

Red Raindog (03-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Am I reading that article correctly that "direct to consumer" (i.e. not through your cable provider) product won't be available until 2022?
    Yes, that's how I read that, too, unfortunately.

What does this paragraph from the story mean?

Royals and Sporting KC games are still not being streamed on YouTube TV, Sling, Hulu, Fubo or Dish Network because those services don’t carry FSKC. Royals and Sporting KC fans who don’t have cable or use those services will have to wait at least a year to stream using the Bally app.
    Does this mean that if you have YouTube TV, Sling, Hulu, Fubo or Dish Network you will or will not have to wait at least a year to stream using the Bally app?

Is I Heart Radio going to be able to continue to stream for free all season? I remember that cutting off once the regular season is underway.

I pay the $20/season for the MLB Audio which allows radio streaming for free.

I'm definitely not going back to AT&T TV, so I guess that's as good as I'll get.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarGeronimo View Post
    Does this mean that if you have YouTube TV, Sling, Hulu, Fubo or Dish Network you will or will not have to wait at least a year to stream using the Bally app?
    Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what it means. You'll have to wait a year

question for some of you: is WOW cable an option? i have always found them to be much better than spectrum (formerly time warner). i know they are only available in certain pockets of ohio for some reason, but if available, it might be worth looking into. it's what i use. (i supplement it with netflix and amazon prime.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you guys. I'm not going to Spectrum or getting a satellite dish again. I'm not going to do a VPN thing either. I can listen to them on the radio and since I heart Radio can let you do that for free, I will settle for that.
    Can one listen to Reds games free on WLW via iHeart Radio? Last year I couldn't bring up live games during the regular season, but only previous played games. I'll download the app again if they've changed that. I live on the highest point in the state of Ohio (Bellefontaine), and use to get WLW700 on the radio easily. Not so much anymore, and especially indoors. I went here and found affiliates that broadcast the games much closer to home .... https://www.mlb.com/reds/fans/radio/reds-radio-network

I signed up for MLB.TV yesterday (monthly subscription $24.99), and I'm on the 7 day free trial. I'm using NordVPN, got my server in Canada (lol), so we'll see what happens. They'll be on a thin leash though. Amazing what one has to do anymore to watch or listen to a ballgame. I'd think they'd realize that if you continue to limit access to your product, or price it to the point the average person can't afford it, after a while those people will realize they don't miss it at all, ain't worth the hassle, and will supplant it with something else.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by CesarGeronimo View Post
    I read a few articles over the last couple days, pretty currrent, concerning the launching of this Bally's network, and the only thing they're saying is that it will be in the upcoming months. But not sure on a timetable (or they aren't saying). But until Sinclair/Ballys get this new network up and running, set up the way they want it, those "other guys" (above), and their subscribers, will remain in limbo. From what I'm reading, Sinclair wants to expand and make the game more interactive for the fan via on-line gaming and other features (distractions) to keep one entertained, besides simply watching the game. It's for those fans that like to go to the ballpark and do everything BUT watch the game (lol).

And this new network is going to be so appealing to the fans, offer so much, that the streaming services will either get on-board and carry Ballys or lose out. Take it or leave it.

This is what happens when the peasants rebel (lol). You want to go streaming, choose your channel lineup, what you watch, what you pay for, no contract? .... then this is what it's going to cost you because we still pull the strings, are the source of supply for those streaming services you love so dear.

They can only push me so far though.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Sinclair is never going to create a service that won’t make you nervous that it’s going to cut out. They will never replicate a television experience. It’s an awful company. MLB put the broadcast rights in the hands of people who care more about gambling than fans being able to watch the games. The death of MLB won’t be bat flips or the shift, it will be Sinclair Broadcast Group

15. Likes:

Always Red (03-16-2021),dabvu2498 (03-09-2021),nmculbreth (03-10-2021),wlf WV (03-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Sinclair is never going to create a service that won’t make you nervous that it’s going to cut out. They will never replicate a television experience. It’s an awful company. MLB put the broadcast rights in the hands of people who care more about gambling than fans being able to watch the games. The death of MLB won’t be bat flips or the shift, it will be Sinclair Broadcast Group
    One must consider the source of Sinclair.
    May the Lord bless

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I just can't get over the fact that a large chunk of people on this website, which is comprised of some of the most rabid baseball fans on the planet, are just straight up not going to be able to watch games this year. What are we doing?
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

18. Likes:

Always Red (03-16-2021),GAC (03-10-2021),HammerTime (03-09-2021),Red Raindog (03-09-2021),RichRed (03-09-2021),savafan (03-09-2021),StRedlegs900 (03-09-2021)

MLB really didn’t give Sinclair those rights, did they? They gave the, yo Fox and the rights ended up with Sinclair but not because of MLB. Or am I misunderstanding something?

(Am I really sort of defending MLB?)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Can one listen to Reds games free on WLW via iHeart Radio? Last year I couldn't bring up live games during the regular season, but only previous played games. I'll download the app again if they've changed that. I live on the highest point in the state of Ohio (Bellefontaine), and use to get WLW700 on the radio easily. Not so much anymore, and especially indoors. I went here and found affiliates that broadcast the games much closer to home .... https://www.mlb.com/reds/fans/radio/reds-radio-network
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Is I Heart Radio going to be able to continue to stream for free all season? I remember that cutting off once the regular season is underway.
    Yes.

https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/s...439628289?s=20
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?