Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Anyone having issues with the Bally app tonight? Didn't work at all last year. It has so far this year the few times I've had to use it. Tonight all I get is "There is an issue playing your video" blah blah blah.

Just as well I guess

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reminder: You won't need Bally Sports Ohio to watch the next two Reds games!

Today's weekday matinee vs. San Francisco is exclusively being streamed on YouTube.

Friday night's series opener with Milwaukee is airing on FS1 in addition to Bally Sports Ohio.

4. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Anyone having issues with the Bally app tonight? Didn't work at all last year. It has so far this year the few times I've had to use it. Tonight all I get is "There is an issue playing your video" blah blah blah.

Just as well I guess
    I had the same problem. I ended up deleting my (DirectV) provider, logging off, logging back on, and adding my provider. seemed to work.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

6. Likes:

goreds2 (05-21-2021),wlf WV (06-15-2021)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

The VPN work-around doesn't work for me anymore, not even with the MLB app. I guess they've caught up. I will not go back to cable TV. It's very sad, I've followed the Reds like my own faith my entire life, and I have only seen one single game this year on TV. Opening day, the last few innings, after I got home from work because they were on a network station.

So, what is happening is that I'm losing my interest in baseball. How is that good for the MLB business model? I'm willing to pay for the Bally app but there is no way to do that.

I guess I'm out. I've been cancelled.
    sorry we're boring

8. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (06-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    The VPN work-around doesn't work for me anymore, not even with the MLB app. I guess they've caught up. I will not go back to cable TV. It's very sad, I've followed the Reds like my own faith my entire life, and I have only seen one single game this year on TV. Opening day, the last few innings, after I got home from work because they were on a network station.

So, what is happening is that I'm losing my interest in baseball. How is that good for the MLB business model? I'm willing to pay for the Bally app but there is no way to do that.

I guess I'm out. I've been cancelled.
    Have you tried using your computer (laptop), with a VPN, and going to MLB's website (instead of using the app), and using a HDMI cable to patch it into your TV? That's how I do it, and I've had no problems. But I did have issues trying to use their app.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

10. Likes:

Always Red (06-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Have you tried using your computer (laptop), with a VPN, and going to MLB's website (instead of using the app), and using a HDMI cable to patch it into your TV? That's how I do it, and I've had no problems. But I did have issues trying to use their app.
    This is my method as well and has worked fine for the balance of season.

every once in a while i get temporarily blacked out with only the radio broadcast but a quick restart of the PC and its back to normal.

12. Likes:

GAC (06-13-2021)

I’ve only been able to watch less than a handful of games because of all these stupidness. Sucks.

14. Likes:

Chip R (06-15-2021)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Same here

I have to use my vpn with a laptop because I couldn’t get it to work with iPhone or iPad.
    I can run a cable to an hdmi port on my tv if I want.

Oddly I have found myself listening to the radio broadcast more and more and not watching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

16. Likes:

GAC (06-13-2021)

Step 1. Buy an Apple TV or NVidia Shield. I know they aren't cheap, but if you love baseball - its cheaper than 2 years of a sh1tty commitment from a big cable/dish company.

Step 2. Subscribe to MLB.TV

Step 3. Pay 'UNLOCATOR' 5 dollars a month. Make a small adjustment in your appleTV/Shield.

Step 4. Profit. and by profit I mean watch every game you want. It works. I've seen every Reds game this year, and living in Iowa I am blacked out of 6 teams home games - including Brewers, Cubs, Cardinals, and White Sox.

Oh, and with this setup you can listen to the radio broadcast while you watch the game. Bonus Cowboy!!!
    Last edited by mgbrown66; 06-12-2021 at 10:55 PM.

18. Likes:

StRedlegs900 (06-15-2021)

thanks GAC, I'll try that today!
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    thanks GAC, I'll try that today!
    It works; thank you GAC!
    sorry we're boring

21. Likes:

GAC (06-15-2021),goreds2 (06-14-2021)

I went back to Spectrum/Time Warner. They don't make you get a cable box and stream it from Samsung Tv. The total was $96/month for 400mbps internet and their cable package. Not sure how it'll change in a year but happy to watch every game cheaper than I could with YouTubetv and internet. Saving around $45/month with Reds on tv.

23. Likes:

Always Red (06-15-2021),goreds2 (06-14-2021)

Windscribe VPN has been working for me. It has an app on Amazon Fire TV and Sony (Android TV) App Stores.

No ROKU app though

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    Step 1. Buy an Apple TV or NVidia Shield. I know they aren't cheap, but if you love baseball - its cheaper than 2 years of a sh1tty commitment from a big cable/dish company.

Step 2. Subscribe to MLB.TV

Step 3. Pay 'UNLOCATOR' 5 dollars a month. Make a small adjustment in your appleTV/Shield.
    As a guy who already owned a number of Nvidia Shield devices, I tried this last night (Unlocator has a 7 day free trial). I can indeed confirm that this solution works. MLB TV app booted up and worked beautifully right at 8pm, and I didn't need to turn on a VPN or anything like that. Before this, I was forced to run MLB.TV on my computer (through a VPN), and then "cast" it to my TV. I haven't purchased the Unlocator subscription as of yet and still want to try it for the rest of the week, but so far a great option.

26. Likes:

Always Red (06-15-2021),mgbrown66 (06-15-2021)

I've seen multiple articles in the last few weeks stating that Sinclair would charge $23/month to offer its Bally Sports App direct to consumers. Hopefully it would be offered month-to-month (or not requiring a full year subscription) - that way I could purchase it for 6 months, then drop it in the winter.

$138/year to watch the Reds on TV again. I'd pay that. Make it happen, Sinclair.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

28. Likes:

Always Red (06-23-2021),Chip R (06-21-2021),GAC (06-21-2021),HammerTime (06-22-2021)

Turn Off Ads?