Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

For those that want to get MLB.tv from a T-Mobile subsriber who doesn't need it. You can offer a $5 Amazon Gift card for it in this thread on Slickdeals. Rules for that site is you can't offer more than $5 for something in trade. https://slickdeals.net/f/13881650-20...archBarV2Algo1

wifi will work fine from any device, tvs, computers, etc. Just make sure never to use a non-tmobile MOBILE network to stream, or they will cancel the account.
    https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpo...&postcount=159
    Last edited by RBA; 03-01-2020 at 06:11 PM.

2. Likes:

757690 (03-01-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Whichever broadcast you choose.
    Someone may have to walk me through this VPN stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes:

Red Raindog (03-02-2020)

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Someone may have to walk me through this VPN stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know, every year I consider it, just to not have to listen to Thom anymore. I already get mlb.tv every year anyway so what’s a few more bucks?

7. Likes:

goldglover9 (03-01-2020),goreds2 (03-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    You know, every year I consider it, just to not have to listen to Thom anymore. I already get mlb.tv every year anyway so what’s a few more bucks?
    I kept wishing not to have to put up with Thom ever again until Dish stepped in and took away any chance I'd hear him again. No broadband where I live, so I'm stuck with no Reds games again for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MR X View Post
    I kept wishing not to have to put up with Thom ever again until Dish stepped in and took away any chance I'd hear him again. No broadband where I live, so I'm stuck with no Reds games again for this season.
    You need to monitor the Starlink program from SpaceX. Supposedly starting this summer in the northeast. For internet coverage.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

10. Likes:

goreds2 (03-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    what is mlb thinking with this blackout nonsense? even locally it would be dumb. but blacking out people who live 200 miles from cincinnati? what is seriously the logic there? no one is sitting around saying on a random weeknight, "well, i was going to hop in the car and drive 400 miles round trip to the reds game tonight. but now that i see it's available online i'm going to just stay home." how incredibly dumb. it doesn't even affect me and it pisses me off because it hurts the long-term viability of the game.
    I live in central Ohio. 2 hr drive to Cincy. I think it's hilarious when I look at the Reds/Bengals broadcast map. Pretty much the entire state is "in market". They got Cleveland surrounded and boxed in (lol).

The black rule is nothing but shear stupidity IMO. MLB is going to offer me a paid subscription service (no problem there), but tell me I'll be blacked out, and primarily because of this complex system they have developed involving local, regional, and national blackout rules. You could be out of market, and yet still subject to black-out if it fits certain criteria within the rules. That's what has tied MLB's hands IMO. They can't simply stomp over the broadcast rights/agreements when it involves these other entities. Do I have that wrong?

RSNs are one of the more expensive channels to carry. Some RSNs use to be premium channels. And in some cases you had to add (pay) for a sports tier package. Fine. Make it that way again. I'll be more then happy to pay extra for a Sports Package. Pass the cost onto those that want to pay/watch it, just like with other premium channels.

I sometimes wonder, in the back of my mind, if the cable/satellite "giants" aren't behind these shenanigans with the RSNs and streaming services? When people got fed up, and streaming was becoming popular, they had no solution at the time. Then they started their own streaming services (SlingTv, etc). Now they're playing games with the RSNs. Dish CEO said they will most likely not be adding RSNs back on SlingTV. His solution? Come back to Dish where they have them.

I can't post my response to him (lol).
    Last edited by GAC; 03-02-2020 at 05:07 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

12. Likes:

Chip R (03-02-2020),goreds2 (03-02-2020),JFLegal (03-02-2020),REDREAD (03-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I like listening to the Reds on radio. May end up doing more of it. I'll just turn the volume down when Thom is on (lol).
    yea, now that Marty is gone, I plan on listening to a lot more games on the radio.
    Just a personal preference, but I always found Marty much more annoying than Tom, although Tom is bad.
    Hiring Tom away from the Diamondbacks was a huge mistake.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

14. Likes:

GAC (03-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    yea, now that Marty is gone, I plan on listening to a lot more games on the radio.
    Just a personal preference, but I always found Marty much more annoying than Tom, although Tom is bad.
    I have complained about Tom a lot but he has good days and bad days. He just needs to tone down his rants. You have to admit that purely as a broadcaster he is quite talented.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (03-03-2020)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    You have to admit that purely as a broadcaster he is quite talented.
    I most certainly do not.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

18. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (03-02-2020),Chip R (03-02-2020),mbgrayson (03-02-2020),Ron Madden (03-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    this will be an interesting case study this season, for lack of a better term.

i wonder how many reds fans who grew sick of marty because of his "get off my lawn-ness" will quickly sour on tommy thrall because "he doesn't get reds baseball" or something to that effect. in other words, i bet tommy will be very politically correct and say nice things. but will diehard reds fans accept him if he seems like he doesn't understand the history of reds' baseball well? or kind of acts like he doesn't care if the team wins or loses? will be interesting to monitor, imo.

if he's great at his job, it won't matter, fans will love him even if he's neutral. but if he's so-so at his job, and all he does is say nice things and never criticizes anyone and never acts like he cares how the reds are doing in the standings, i could see george grande part 2. hey, some fans liked george grande. most i know could not stand him (myself included).
    Last edited by JFLegal; 03-02-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    this will be an interesting case study this season, for lack of a better term.

i wonder how many reds fans who grew sick of marty because of his "get off my lawn-ness" will quickly sour on tommy thrall because "he doesn't get reds baseball" or something to that effect. in other words, i bet tommy will be very politically correct and say nice things. but will diehard reds fans accept him if he seems like he doesn't understand the history of reds' baseball well? or kind of acts like he doesn't care if the team wins or loses? will be interesting to monitor, imo.

if he's great at his job, it won't matter, fans will love him even if he's neutral. but if he's so-so at his job, and all he does is say nice things and never criticizes anyone and never acts like he cares how the reds are doing in the standings, i could see george grande part 2. hey, some fans liked george grande. most i know could not stand him (myself included).
    Thrall has a tough act to follow. It helps that he was with them last year so fans could get used to him. But there are going to be some fans who are upset that Marty won't be around anymore. It was tough for Steve Stewart when he replaced Joe. He was gone after a few years and I think a part of it was because he took Joe's place. You don't want to be the guy who replaces the legend. You want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. However, Vin Scully retired, Ernie Harwell retired, Jack Buck retired and Harry Carey passed away. These legends have all been replaced for better or for worse and fans are just going to have to accept it which they will eventually do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

21. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-02-2020),REDREAD (03-03-2020)

I can't believe you guys care that much about the broadcasters. It's never really bothers me much either way unless they are really really horrible. Thom is fine.

23. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-02-2020),texasdave (03-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I can't believe you guys care that much about the broadcasters. It's never really bothers me much either way unless they are really really horrible. Thom is fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Marty, Pete, and Thom walked into a bar, and...

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Marty, Pete, and Thom walked into a bar, and...
    Thom orders a whiskey, straight up.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

27. Likes:

North (03-02-2020)

Turn Off Ads?